Acronym.

Westbrook

On 11/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, mariahscarry said:

The recycled ideas using new material and 60% price hike, i'm disappointed.

"Probably no one person is even responsible for it, but the whole system is under such pressure, even at that scale. They're under extraordinary pressure to keep up the pace. In my view, this is a broken system, in many ways." 2013 interview with E.  Link

I'm not sure if I find this quote 100% ironic yet, but it seems to become more and more as seasons go on. I recall E referring to ACR on multiple occasions as an "experiment" or "project"... this seems to be heading quite Frankenstein imo.

4 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

"Probably no one person is even responsible for it, but the whole system is under such pressure, even at that scale. They're under extraordinary pressure to keep up the pace. In my view, this is a broken system, in many ways." 2013 interview with E.  Link

Yeah, that quote is about the Gucci ripoff though. What does that have to do with price hikes and materials?

37 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Yeah, that quote is about the Gucci ripoff though. What does that have to do with price hikes and materials?

The proof is in the pudding as they used to say. ACR is falling prey/fomenting precisely what he’s pointing out in that quote. 

1 hour ago, brainerd666 said:

The proof is in the pudding as they used to say. ACR is falling prey/fomenting precisely what he’s pointing out in that quote. 

I'm not saying anyone's wrong or anything, but I still don't understand. He's very vague about the nature of the problem being discussed here—but I'm also having a hard time separating that part of the quote from its context (about design stealing). Acronym's not stealing designs, at least as far as I know. It's true, there have been lots of re-releases, but aren't those what many people have been asking for? More 3As? Many people haven't had the chance to grab this stuff till now. Reissuing old stuff (price increased or not) is not the same as stealing a jacket design.

Honestly, if it were me, I'd ride the hype, make the easy money off re-releases, and save my new ideas for when things calmed down and I actually needed them.

I may have misread that quote multiple times now over the last couple years- which isn’t me saying that I’ve read it a bunch so I know better or whatever, but it seems more to me that it’s a case of damning fast fashion in the higher echelon of fashion. The higher echelon being what ACR is approaching and/or is at this later point.  

There’s enough recycling in the brand now that it really should diverge and start producing some of the base patterns en-masse. Do a buy in style production and give a decent amount of lead time on completion.  

Meanwhile... maintain the experimental aspect and do seasonal releases of funky newness. 

Personally, I’d be down for waiting for both a release of new shit, and occasionally signing up for another guaranteed pair of p10’s, a J1A, etc., and then waiting for the completion/shipment of.  

6 hours ago, danii said:

I am so surprised the WB2 soldout. It's such a lame piece of hardware, even if you ordered belt from 1000deaths and end up scammed you were getting a better deal then the WB2. 

I am even more surprised by the reception of the belt by community in here. I always thought acronym buyers are kinda aware what is available where and can tell why their 1000EUR acronym jacket costs 1000EUR. Dude, you seriously waited for a webbing with two D-rings since the SET-3 release?

It doesn't matter how shitty or lame any Acronym item is people will still buy it regardless. Once you have a cult following and a hardcore fanbase you can practically sell anything. You know they have clout when they are selling a modular that carries two Tylenol pills for $100. It's just like Supreme people will buy out every garbage accessory they have. 

Yeah I understand that, also at 110EUR it looks like a nice entry point item like the nikes. I would understand it more if:

-the belt was branded so everyone can see you bought one

-it was not an item that is hidden under a shirt, but maybe we are at a dawn of tucked shirts fits

6 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

i totally glossed over that €80 pill holder

erlsn is definitely taking the piss with that one

When your stash pocket costs more than your drugs...

18 hours ago, danii said:

I am so surprised the WB2 soldout. It's such a lame piece of hardware, even if you ordered belt from 1000deaths and end up scammed you were getting a better deal then the WB2. 

I am even more surprised by the reception of the belt by community in here. I always thought acronym buyers are kinda aware what is available where and can tell why their 1000EUR acronym jacket costs 1000EUR. Dude, you seriously waited for a webbing with two D-rings since the SET-3 release?

funny coming from you since it's hurtin' yo biz. i've bought aoku stuff before and the quality is turd tbh. 

16 minutes ago, chunglove said:

funny coming from you since it's hurtin' yo biz. i've bought aoku stuff before and the quality is turd tbh. 

Oh, sweetie! Did they finally ban you from that last sad little weeaboo neckbeard incel sweat corner over on the 4chans? Are they sick of your Shit posting too? 

36 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Does anyone have any feedback on the J46fo? Seems to be chilling on the main site and I wanted a long coat for a while. 

No feedback, but I wish I had them prestos...

Edited by brainerd666
Spellng iz hrd

3 hours ago, chunglove said:

it's irrelevant to this post and it's not ruining whatever I do, trust me. If you have problems with AOKU stuff you are always free to contact me and I bet we will sort it out. Let's keep it on topic here.

Edited by danii

12 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Does anyone have any feedback on the J46fo? Seems to be chilling on the main site and I wanted a long coat for a while. 

The copy about the durability of the face fabric doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Especially considering it's literally 2x the price of the 2015 J46s. (yeah I admit I'm jealous of that hood)

On 2018-11-17 at 1:04 PM, Inkinsurgent said:

i totally glossed over that €80 pill holder

erlsn is definitely taking the piss with that one

You can tease, but I ordered one of those with my larger order. The added cost when ordering other stuff is negligible. And to be honest, I just like it even if it’s totally rediculous. 

3A-MTS5 (and mts4) arrived - thought I would point out that this 'hard drive' sized modular doesn't actually fit any of my portable hard drives... but it does perfectly fit a mju-II and spare roll of film; which is what I bought it for. MTS4 is great. Pics in spoiler

eByFeTF.jpg[

just got my J63A back from repairs. From the looks of it, They just sent me a brand new one instead and kept my old jacket that I wore for a week before sending it back. Also this time I found 3 small patches of Infinium fabric in the front pockets that could possibly be used for DIY repairs if you ever tear your jacket. 

36 minutes ago, deathrazr said:

just got my J63A back from repairs. From the looks of it, They just sent me a brand new one instead and kept my old jacket that I wore for a week before sending it back. Also this time I found 3 small patches of Infinium fabric in the front pockets that could possibly be used for DIY repairs if you ever tear your jacket. 

interesting to hear, glad yours made it back.  I had the three small patches of fabric in my original order, I took them out before I returned mine just in case they ended up sending a new/different jacket without the patches lol.