Westbrook

Acronym.

I dunno man...the escape zip is like 0.2% of the jacket. I had to email them to understand what it was for several years back. I am super lazy and some pockets I will probably never even open on my stuff if I just like the jacket as a whole but have no interest in their function. Who even uses escape zip or gravity pockets as we’ve said countless times. My take is that if you think the jacket looks cool and you’re gonna enjoy wearing it just buy it - you don’t need to exercise or even understand all the functions.

Edited by RemarkableArmor

1 hour ago, Dolphinski said:

Q: What's that tab on the end of my zip?

Your mum: Don't worry yourself about things like that dear.

Your mate: You paid HOW MUCH for that jacket?

TWG: It's a defect! Acrnm suck, their customer service suck and they're overpriced elitists ripping off decent hardworking folk. Anyway, my $5 waterproof thrift jacket has a zip that works perfectly.

SUFU:  USE THE SEARCH YOU F**KING IDIOT

Talking heads on IG: vEnMo mE

lolz

24 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

Wait, where are those mezzanine pockets?

I am starting to wonder if I have missed some pockets on my 3ts.

There are no MZ pockets on the 3TS. MZ pockets are behind the MK1/2-looking pockets on the 3A-1.

MZ pockets in general refer to any pocket that's behind a "real" pocket.  For example on the J28 there are extra pockets behind the "real" ones (the ones with velcro flaps).  See this bottle on the right of the pic:

NcAZwqe.jpg

Edited by piece keeper

3 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Just wanted to say this—and it’s not directed at you specifically, it’s more like a thing I’ve been seeing around the internet since I was really young:

Forum search engines always suck. Always. And I’ve always found it to be the most bullshit thing to tell someone (especially someone new)—that they should “use the search engine.” The search engine sucks dude. Sufu’s search engine really sucks (at leases last time I used it)—clunky, buggy, slow.

And in the end, how exactly would the guy above have searched for the answer to his question? It’s not like he knew he was searching for something called “escape zip.”

Instead of bitching about how noobs should go back and read literally hundreds of pages of text (much of which is discussion of dead links—not the most interesting thing to do), maybe the complainers should put together a quick FAQ/intro to techwear, so they can point to something helpful (and really, does it actually take that much more time to type “escape zip” than it does to type “read the thread, use the search engine?”).

I'll do a FAQ. Again. Will solicit input.

Just now, solographik said:

we don't deserve you

I concur.

The problem with an FAQ is not that it doesn't exist (as @CARLOOA and others have made before); it's that people don't know what they don't know.

If you don't know about EscapeZip, how do you search for it?  You can't search it by name, so you try and describe it..."zipper without teeth"?  Same with "mezzanine pockets"--that's not a word in the common vernacular, so people won't know to search it.

It's not ideal but I think the solution is to keep answering these questions when they arise instead of saying, "use the search function."  The advantage that forums have over Reddit (which, let's face it, killed forums) is that a discussion is on-going (reddit threads last for a day or two, max?).  The more people come here to discuss the longer it survives :)  That includes the questions asked millions of times before.

and hey it's not like talking about stuff like that isn't what this place is for. 

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

I'll do a FAQ. Again. Will solicit input.

On the main SuperTechwear forum page, you can create a new topic listing. If you do another FAQ you should lock the thread so it'll be easily accessible!

3 hours ago, piece keeper said:

There are no MZ pockets on the 3TS. MZ pockets are behind the MK1/2-looking pockets on the 3A-1.

MZ pockets in general refer to any pocket that's behind a "real" pocket.  For example on the J28 there are extra pockets behind the "real" ones (the ones with velcro flaps).  See this bottle on the right of the pic:

This is the first time I see a GT piece aged like this.. almost like S fabric. Does it still waterproof well? 

4 minutes ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

This is the first time I see a GT piece aged like this.. almost like S fabric. Does it still waterproof well? 

Looks like epic cotton. SS-14

Has the time come to compile the Acronym Bible? I've been able to search for most info I am looking for by trying different keywords in the search bar, but it would be nice to have a more advanced version of that little Acrnm dictionary that's floating around. Maybe with compiled pics of function or what things like auxzip/acronym sound actually look like (took me a week or so to discover the hole on the J16). Also all pieces that have been released with their different iterations & evolutions. Just a suggestion, I don't mind assisting with this.

3 hours ago, Sureal said:

Looks like epic cotton. SS-14

One of the best ...and for the record it looks like that after about 5 mins :D

correct me if i'm wrong; the j72-ak doesn't come with a jacket sling only the ability to use one, the ds version is worn like an overshirt hence the shirtsling.

could someone kindly point me in the direction where a ng8-ps is on sale or am i too late to the party?

I’ve learned a lot and continue to learn a lot from members here. The range of humor and sarcasm are great too. 

Here are reference pics for the topic on mezzanine pockets.  Have a good weekend everyone! 

3A 3A-1 xpac x-pac not cordura laminate

7B76ACDF-9356-41EE-A556-EA26E44C2DA2.jpeg

B160B2E4-06D9-4AD9-81B1-56EAFFB4F334.jpeg

5D82A38E-34DA-40AB-B882-66977BF2092F.jpeg

1 hour ago, scamster said:

correct me if i'm wrong; the j72-ak doesn't come with a jacket sling only the ability to use one, the ds version is worn like an overshirt hence the shirtsling.

could someone kindly point me in the direction where a ng8-ps is on sale or am i too late to the party?

Saint Alfred bro.  Hurry!

3 hours ago, scamster said:

No sling w the AK iteration 

Edit: fac that gaiter is marked up compared to everywhere else

Edited by wexler

Attached using the auxzip, J59TS-CH with NG9-PS, works perfectly as a convertible flip collar for a collarless shell.

A3613358-7CF6-4F7F-BB9D-CA649D141DD2.jpeg

C6ED45DB-BC08-4EDC-8D93-81D3226F34D4.jpeg

Edited by skycrawler

\5bd4a8f0a07dc_ScreenShot2018-10-27at2_04_42PM.thumb.png.3a5187265bcf5ba4fe9e00e7eb88e6ee.png

Tell me if I'm buggin but this looks like a J1A in WS on the Nikelab mainpage on Nike.com. Those wrinkles o.O

28 minutes ago, msoldano said:

\5bd4a8f0a07dc_ScreenShot2018-10-27at2_04_42PM.thumb.png.3a5187265bcf5ba4fe9e00e7eb88e6ee.png

Tell me if I'm buggin but this looks like a J1A in WS on the Nikelab mainpage on Nike.com. Those wrinkles o.O

Think it’s the infamous J1A-FO he’s been flexing lately.

I think it's part of the infinium line but it has a micro grid backer(seen and felt in person)

1 hour ago, meccaNIZM said:

J28-e ... looking every day for 4 years and here she is. Man, forget how great Epic is.

CD89C9E6-92F4-4E9F-B8F3-42401781C324.jpeg

Congrats!

Sincerely wish you not paying 2800 for that one from grailed :ph34r: