Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, piece keeper said:

R&D is a huge cost too which is often overlooked, so the price tag reflects that as well.  The replica-makers don't have to do that legwork because ACR has done it all for them.  This is also why ACR tries so hard to be secretive with its drops: so that someone doesn't get it to market first.

And I unfortunately did get scammed once and got a replica from YAJ (but was able to get my money back, phew!).  Externally yeah it looks pretty close, and if that's all that you care about then fine (you suck).  But in hand it was immediately apparent that it was fake.  The stitching was really messy and the fit was horribly off.  It's actually quite laughable that if these guys are copying the real deal they still can't get it right.  It makes me more appreciative of the ACR team's skill. 

good point with r&d. no i dont care about just external flaunting because i need items that i buy to function.  one of the reasons why i use my acrnm jackets more than my other outwear (veilance included )is the simple jacketsling that i now can't live without.  from pics for at least stotz reps its hard to tell but as you said, i guess the gap is more apparent in person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Holger said:

Can you share your measurements as well? I got the Jacket yesterday in Medium and I am 180cm, 77kg and 105cm chest measurement. I really love the jacket but I am afraid it is a little bit too small for me and I am a big fan of oversizing too :). Not sure if I am able to get a bigger size somewhere, but keep a jacket which does not fit properly is also not an option. many thx in advance.

I am 6'1 (185cm), and same weight as you. Not sure what my chest measurement is ATM but with "Straight" fit jackets, I have always worn a Medium. On recent "Profile" shells like J62-S and J69, I sized up to a Large. The J74 is the first time I sized up on a "Straight" fit jacket. I tried both M and L but the Large just seemed to drape way better. 

The way Umit is wearing the J74 is how the Medium fit me whereas the way Lenny is wearing the Medium is how the Large fits me if that helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

I am 6'1 (185cm), and same weight as you. Not sure what my chest measurement is ATM but with "Straight" fit jackets, I have always worn a Medium. On recent "Profile" shells like J62-S and J69, I sized up to a Large. The J74 is the first time I sized up on a "Straight" fit jacket. I tried both M and L but the Large just seemed to drape way better. 

The way Umit is wearing the J74 is how the Medium fit me whereas the way Lenny is wearing the Medium is how the Large fits me if that helps. 

That helps a lot. I am now pretty sure I will need a Large as well for J74. Many Thx. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening to everyone,

 

how can I use this velcro on my 3A-5TS?

Best, M.

 

velcro_3A5TS.jpg

Edited by mattialife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About to pull the trigger on *that* 3a floating around. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get the zipper fixed? To repair the zipper, would tailors/alteration shops be the appropriate place to try? Is it ripped past the point of no return? First 3a btw.

rip zip.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

About to pull the trigger on *that* 3a floating around. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get the zipper fixed? To repair the zipper, would tailors/alteration shops be the appropriate place to try? Is it ripped past the point of no return? First 3a btw.

rip zip.jpg

Same happened to mine, on both sides. A tailor can sew a stopping point slightly in front of it so it stops short of that. It looks ghetto as hell on mine but I guess it keeps the bag working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jeddyhsu said:

About to pull the trigger on *that* 3a floating around. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get the zipper fixed? To repair the zipper, would tailors/alteration shops be the appropriate place to try? Is it ripped past the point of no return? First 3a btw.

rip zip.jpg

They would, my local one fix similar for cheap.

one thing you need tell them xpac is bit fragile than cotton or Cordura material bags they being dealing with all day, then their tricks would be gentle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question- on the  J47TS there is a 1 inch gap at the top of the zip- there are teeth on one side but on the opposite there is nothing, can anyone shed light on the purpose of this? Also the teeth on the opposite side of this short gap are a different calibre to the rest of the zip.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, undercover73 said:

I have a question- on the  J47TS there is a 1 inch gap at the top of the zip- there are teeth on one side but on the opposite there is nothing, can anyone shed light on the purpose of this? Also the teeth on the opposite side of this short gap are a different calibre to the rest of the zip.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Seriously?:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darkart said:

Seriously?:blink:

This is the moment when I loathe some of the members here.

Yes some of us don’t know about fabric differences, some of us never handled jackets with escape zips, and I personally never fully understood how to use hitch tab on sleeves even though it has been explained several times already.

So? Knowing all of those tricks makes you superior or what?

Edited by rogerhuangxj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

This is the moment when I loathe some of the members here.

Yes some of us don’t know about fabric differences, some of us never handled jackets with escape zips, and I personally never fully understood how to use hitch tab on sleeves even though it has been explained several times already.

So? Knowing all of those tricks makes you superior or what?

I understand your point, but shouldnt you be understand what you buying before you pull the trigger, afterall thats a 2000 euro jacket. That means the hype of ACR is too much which blinds you guys completely. This is true, acronym is cool brand and makes cool stuff, but its not god. I prefer buying my item with full understanding of it and my eyes fully opened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, rogerhuangxj said:

This is the moment when I loathe some of the members here.

Yes some of us don’t know about fabric differences, some of us never handled jackets with escape zips, and I personally never fully understood how to use hitch tab on sleeves even though it has been explained several times already.

So? Knowing all of those tricks makes you superior or what?

Exactly, and a lot of us don’t have friends who are into the same stuff so a lot of the info needs to be found out via places like this.

 

personally never had escapezips in real life but used to have them in our combat vests in the military. Not really a self explanatory thing in civilian clothing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a brand is foreign to you and you spent the time to make an account to go the sub thread for it; then maybe spend the time to lurk, read older pages, and use the search bar. There's years of useful information so it only benefits you to check it out. Plus the V26-A video on the mothersite is a good demo on certain jacket features ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

itt: people who joined yesterday being unhelpful and elitist to people who have participated in this community for a decade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

itt: people who joined yesterday being unhelpful and elitist to people who have participated in this community for a decade. 

Confused now, are these comments pointed at me as I’m quite new to SUFU?

 

defo didn’t mean to come across wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

double tap

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AvantSol said:

If a brand is foreign to you and you spent the time to make an account to go the sub thread for it; then maybe spend the time to lurk, read older pages, and use the search bar. There's years of useful information so it only benefits you to check it out. Plus the V26-A video on the mothersite is a good demo on certain jacket features ;)

Just wanted to say this—and it’s not directed at you specifically, it’s more like a thing I’ve been seeing around the internet since I was really young:

Forum search engines always suck. Always. And I’ve always found it to be the most bullshit thing to tell someone (especially someone new)—that they should “use the search engine.” The search engine sucks dude. Sufu’s search engine really sucks (at leases last time I used it)—clunky, buggy, slow.

And in the end, how exactly would the guy above have searched for the answer to his question? It’s not like he knew he was searching for something called “escape zip.”

Instead of bitching about how noobs should go back and read literally hundreds of pages of text (much of which is discussion of dead links—not the most interesting thing to do), maybe the complainers should put together a quick FAQ/intro to techwear, so they can point to something helpful (and really, does it actually take that much more time to type “escape zip” than it does to type “read the thread, use the search engine?”).

Edited by junkie_dolphin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C'mon man let's be real, if you're gonna spend a shit ton on money on these clothes you gotta do a little research. 

And you're missing the point of my statement; I'm not saying go back hundreds of pages to find one piece of information. Do it to actually learn something about what you're buying. Not like sufu is the only source either.

(And btw the features like escape zip are listed on the acrnm page of the piece, just saying!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

C'mon man let's be real, if you're gonna spend a shit ton on money on these clothes you gotta do a little research. 

And you're missing the point of my statement; I'm not saying go back hundreds of pages to find one piece of information. Do it to actually learn something about what you're buying. Not like sufu is the only source either.

(And btw the features like escape zip are listed on the acrnm page of the piece, just saying!)

When I bought my 3a-1, I knew I wanted the bag for a number of reasons (some of which were aesthetic, but many were practical)—but I had no idea what that waterproof zip on the side of the bag was for. I thought it was a pocket, but I wasn't sure—so I was looking at the pocket number on the product page, and I couldn't figure out where the "last" pocket was. Turns out, the side zip just leads to the main compartment, and I had missed the two "mezzanine pockets" (I didn't understand what those were, and the product pics didn't really do a good job of explaining). I had to come here and ask around. People were kind enough to explain, even though this is literally the oldest product Acronym makes. Should I have lurked more? I have literally never seen a photo or video of anyone using that zip. Ever.

Acronym's website does not always do a good job of explaining features.

Acronym deletes old product listings, so it's hard to accumulate knowledge of older product just from browsing.

You can do lots of research on a product and not learn everything about it. Escape zips are honestly not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Anyways, I was directing my post at a tendency that I see around here—it wasn't really meant for you specifically (I said as much, and I didn't neg rep you or anything).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it wasn't directed to me. But I did wanna clarify my point. No harm no foul 

And btw I didn't realize there were mezzanine pockets in my 3a-1 until a few weeks ago by accident hahah and I've had it for years. So certain things I understand 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm all for helping the newcomers with their questions and against elitist behavior...

It is still sad to see how these hypebeast kids who drop 2k on a jacket just because it's the latest cool thing clearly haven't even spend 10 minutes on researching the brand they're buying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

And btw I didn't realize there were mezzanine pockets in my 3a-1 until a few weeks ago by accident hahah and I've had it for years. So certain things I understand 

... the hypocrisy, my god.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, junkie_dolphin said:

When I bought my 3a-1, I knew I wanted the bag for a number of reasons (some of which were aesthetic, but many were practical)—but I had no idea what that waterproof zip on the side of the bag was for. I thought it was a pocket, but I wasn't sure—so I was looking at the pocket number on the product page, and I couldn't figure out where the "last" pocket was. Turns out, the side zip just leads to the main compartment, and I had missed the two "mezzanine pockets" (I didn't understand what those were, and the product pics didn't really do a good job of explaining). I had to come here and ask around. People were kind enough to explain, even though this is literally the oldest product Acronym makes. Should I have lurked more? I have literally never seen a photo or video of anyone using that zip. Ever.

Acronym's website does not always do a good job of explaining features.

Acronym deletes old product listings, so it's hard to accumulate knowledge of older product just from browsing.

You can do lots of research on a product and not learn everything about it. Escape zips are honestly not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Anyways, I was directing my post at a tendency that I see around here—it wasn't really meant for you specifically (I said as much, and I didn't neg rep you or anything).

Wait, where are those mezzanine pockets?

I am starting to wonder if I have missed some pockets on my 3ts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125