supertalk6
Westbrook

Acronym.

1 hour ago, X.bee said:

To get back on topic, are the P30s what E had on at Complexcon? Seems like another size for length situation.

Yep.  You're correct on both fronts.

Trying to sleuth the material on the alleged new P10s—the second pair are -CH, but can’t quite place the new ones. Then the third is a side by side with confirmed -CH pants. Who wants in on this Very Fun guessing game?

EFD8926A-C235-4FF6-995A-2EBF40B39C35.jpeg99F98B26-BD84-4EFE-AF49-FC71B9014D41.jpeg

1CCE7F59-09A6-4344-880E-C2D79D2189F9.jpeg

Edited by hoju

I hope the P10’s are either CH- which fit me great, or re-fitted stotz- which I’m between a small and a medium in:/

Couldn't care less about the other pair tbh. 

Edited by brainerd666
Grammar attack

1 hour ago, hoju said:

Trying to sleuth the material on the alleged new P10s—the second pair are -CH, but can’t quite place the new ones. Then the third is a side by side with confirmed -CH pants. Who wants in on this Very Fun guessing game?

What makes you think they are new P10s? From the image, they look identical to P10s from previous seasons to me.

CH pants have traditionally been released in two colors: 'Black' and 'Night'. The second image you posted is the P10-CH in 'Black'. The new pair you are questioning, if they are in fact CH, would be in 'Night'. 

Edited by robbatussin
grammar

5 minutes ago, robbatussin said:

What makes you think they are new P10s? From the image, they look identical to P10s from previous seasons to me.

CH pants have traditionally been released in two colors: 'Black' and 'Night'. The second image you posted is the P10-CH in 'Black'. The new pair you are questioning, if they are in fact CH, would be in 'Night'. 

It’s ok to dream:mellow:

10 minutes ago, robbatussin said:

I figured since that image didn’t show up in the J57 product page this model would be showing off the P10s.

9 minutes ago, robbatussin said:

I believe the 2nd picture might actually stotz instead of CH as the fabric stacking around the ankles and the way the knee articulation retaining it shape shows how stiff the fabric is. My usual tell tale is Stotz really fleshed out the knee bagging while Ch and dryskin features alot more drapiness

4 hours ago, robbatussin said:

Putting the jackets aside for a moment, 368 euros for two 12x20cm zippered-pouches is straight up disrespectful in my opinion.

The amount of times I've added them to cart and closed the window when I see 300 euros after VAT......

23 minutes ago, Toilettebun said:

I believe the 2nd picture might actually stotz instead of CH as the fabric stacking around the ankles and the way the knee articulation retaining it shape shows how stiff the fabric is. My usual tell tale is Stotz really fleshed out the knee bagging while Ch and dryskin features alot more drapiness

CH for sure. Peep da spec:

pic2.jpg

washing DS.. cold delicate wash using the laundress signature detergent.. anyone have anything i should know before i ruin my favorite pants? lol

4 minutes ago, nodre said:

washing DS.. cold delicate wash using the laundress signature detergent.. anyone have anything i should know before i ruin my favorite pants? lol

Cold? Doesn't the care tag say 40 (or 60?) dec C? That is at least on the warm setting. I use Granger's technical wash on the warm setting, in a laundry bag. Hit it with the steam iron after. No issues with any of my DS things (la6, ka2, la3, p17). 

6 minutes ago, nodre said:

Definitely use a warm wash like @solographik has said. I washed my DS just last night for the first time. Inside out, warm with grangers, double rinse, hang dry. Worked great. The cleaning info that @CARLOOA has posted in the past and this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4N6ZuKTZ_c) are both valuable resources. 

10 minutes ago, nodre said:

I’m laughing because someone actually listened to me. I’ve washed it several times now with that detergent. You don’t need much and just give it, say, 15-20 minutes per side. Don’t wring the water out if possible. Press between towels flat is ideal. 

edit: just realised you’re probably putting it in a washing machine. just throw it on cold/delicate and  it’ll be fine. 

Edited by hoju

8 minutes ago, solographik said:

Cold? Doesn't the care tag say 40 (or 60?) dec C? That is at least on the warm setting. I use Granger's technical wash on the warm setting, in a laundry bag. Hit it with the steam iron after. No issues with any of my DS things (la6, ka2, la3, p17). 

thank you, i was thinking in terms of fahrenheit.. warm wash it is. grangers technical wash.. i only have granger's wash and repel which it looks like the label says specifcally not to use. probably gonna do the towel method as i don't own an iron.

6 minutes ago, nodre said:

thank you, i was thinking in terms of fahrenheit.. warm wash it is. grangers technical wash.. i only have granger's wash and repel which it looks like the label says specifcally not to use. probably gonna do the towel method as i don't own an iron.

Come on man - baller enough to own ACR, baller enough to own an iron (and buy some granger's wash on amazon while you're at it) :). You're right tho, no additional DWR on -DS.

18 minutes ago, solographik said:

Come on man - baller enough to own ACR, baller enough to own an iron (and buy some granger's wash on amazon while you're at it) :). You're right tho, no additional DWR on -DS.

lol i know... i need it for suits and stuff anyways. but i wasn't talking about spray dwr i was talking about: 

IMG_0786.jpg

this is a wash + reproof, and i think the reproof is what should not be done to DS if i understand correctly.

Edited by nodre

On 2/2/2018 at 2:21 PM, nodre said:

lol i know... i need it for suits and stuff anyways. but i wasn't talking about spray dwr i was talking about: 

this is a wash + reproof, and i think the reproof is what should not be done to DS if i understand correctly.

Correct, DS and CH have are coated with proprietary technology (ecorepel, coldblack, 3XDRY, and NanoSphere) already so you do not want to re-proof with off-shelf DWR products.

As far as Stotz goes, @FlavourTwist emailed ETA directly regarding his S-J11 and the owner has 3 options:

• use nik wax cotton proof wash-in

• use nik wax spray on repellent (the version for cotton fabrics I suppose)

• professional dry cleaning plus proofing/coating method'

ToKo and Granger's (which arcteryx recommends for its products) will do the trick also, but since Eta Stotz is a cotton based ventile product there is no DWR treatment, this has been mentioned often before, so tech wash ins/ spray ons (for the gore tex likes) aren't recommended.

He ended up washing the jacket by hand with fairly hot water and without chemicals, hung and when almost dry, sprayed on the mentioned cotton proofing and spot-cleaned with natural soap. 

Gore-Tex is fairly straightforward and simple.

4 hours ago, senorfraz said:

Anyone have an ETA on release date for following SS18 items?

TIA! 

I'm crossing my fingers that it's announced in the same way as the first drop - after the fact!

9 hours ago, senorfraz said:

Anyone have an ETA on release date for following SS18 items?

TIA! 

Leaked by John Mayer, confirmed (retweeted) by E.

IMG_20180205_112935.jpg

Anybody happen to have a membership to the NY MoMA? Would like to purchase something from the online store to get the 20 % discount if anyone would be kind enough to share!

On 9/19/2017 at 10:56 AM, Voyager said:

For Goretex or Windstopper jackets (J16-GT, J28-GT, J61-GT, J58-WS, J65-WS)
Stotz (cotton) jackets (J56-S, J62-S, J64TS-S)

Stotz (cotton) Pants (P23-S, P26-S)
Schoeller Dryskin pants (P23A-DS, P25H-DS)

sup yall

i know @Voyager has already made posts with regards to customs from ups but thought i'd share some updated info since I ended up speaking with someone different after speaking with Linda. (I bought the j47a-WS and my original customs of ~$420+ was lowered down to ~$100 and I'm located in VA-USA.)

I first spoke with Linda per voyager's instructions but was forwarded to Jessica Busbee who takes care of payments.  When you ask to have your HTS code changed for your incoming package, she told me that for any future packages where I'd be receiving orders from Acronym, I should simply email her at [email protected] notifying her that "The shipment (your tracking number) would be containing recreational performance outerwear," and include the new HTS code that voyager provided above after it's been dispatched.  To confirm that the HTS code has been updated, you can call the UPS Accounting Dept (803) 502-2525 to confirm that the changes have been made and that  the new HTS code has been applied.

I'm unsure if the representative will be different by last name or state within the US (guessing different for intl buyers) but her contact info is below in case you need to contact her.

Jessica Busbee
[email protected]
(803) 502-6832

She was a complete pleasure to work with and extremely nice.

hope this helps

Updating on the 3A-3TS front.  UPSB adjusted my code and the final invoice came to $70.50.  Seems like they may be getting better at processing these things.

Broke Boi's rejoice!

50 minutes ago, segue said:

sup yall

i know @Voyager has already made posts with regards to customs from ups but thought i'd share some updated info since I ended up speaking with someone different after speaking with Linda. (I bought the j47a-WS and my original customs of ~$420+ was lowered down to ~$100 and I'm located in VA-USA.)

I first spoke with Linda per voyager's instructions but was forwarded to Jessica Busbee who takes care of payments.  When you ask to have your HTS code changed for your incoming package, she told me that for any future packages where I'd be receiving orders from Acronym, I should simply email her at [email protected] notifying her that "The shipment (your tracking number) would be containing recreational performance outerwear," and include the new HTS code that voyager provided above after it's been dispatched.  To confirm that the HTS code has been updated, you can call the UPS Accounting Dept (803) 502-2525 to confirm that the changes have been made and that  the new HTS code has been applied.

I'm unsure if the representative will be different by last name or state within the US (guessing different for intl buyers) but her contact info is below in case you need to contact her.

Jessica Busbee
[email protected]
(803) 502-6832

She was a complete pleasure to work with and extremely nice.

hope this helps

Better credit me too friend. 

Also, portion of savings to https://support.unicef.org/

:)

Edited by CARLOOA