LFC4ever

The Flat Head

Kick ass @itsbenhere !! It's an incredible experience isn't it? The apple pizza seems like it would be awful, but it's delicious. The RJB fades are killer as well.

what flat head jeans have the longest rear rise besides the 3012??? I had a pair of them but i did not like the taper, but the rise was perfect. I dont think I can go any lower than those.

3005 has a decent back rise, but it's probably still shorter than the 3012.

Hello folks. Recently got myself a Flatty and have been pretty obsessed, reading through a couple of hundred of the pages on this thread.

A quick question about Flat Head Balder jeans, on the off chance that anyone knows. Can anyone comment if they were ever produced with non-selvedge fabric, or if for whatever reason some runs of this model had a plain, white over-lock seam on the outseam near the cuffs?

I Found one going for a steal and it could possibly be a good fit for my wife, but it seems to have that aforementioned overlock stitch on the outseam (instead of an expected pink line selvedge) and lacks that little brown label on edge of the back right pocket. I've seen examples with and without this label but never with a non-selvedge outseam.

Gut feel tells me it's a fake, but as to why anyone would want to make a fake Flat Head Balder is beyond me. Unless it's just a poorly tapered boot cut Balder...appreciate any insight. Thanks.

12 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

Balder jeans are so obscure that I doubt it's a fake. Much more likely, it's just been altered.

Thanks for your insight. I just got a notice that the seller took the listing down as soon as I reached out. Quite a pity.