dawei69

RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

fits perfect beanie. maybe little cuff would play...

6 hours ago, unionmade said:

@propellerbeanie Nice fit! What is the actual waist measurements now? 

Thanks, the waist now measures 41.5cm compared to its starting width of 40cm. It started off on the loose side, so I suspect it has the potential to stretch further if put under more pressure. Thinking of getting a pair yourself?

Good stretch! Almost picked up a pair from BIG a few days ago, but managed to wait:) Need to use what I have for no ... Although a bit tired of the antfit/boxy 50s fit:) 

On 12/28/2019 at 9:47 AM, unionmade said:

Good stretch! Almost picked up a pair from BIG a few days ago, but managed to wait:) Need to use what I have for no ... Although a bit tired of the antfit/boxy 50s fit:) 

Fair call. I did notice BiG had a decent sale on Resolute which is hard to come by.

I also found myself wanting to try a different fit so this was a pleasant surprise. I'll continue to like looser fits though!

After a denim hiatus for a couple years I want to start wearing denim again and was looking at Resolute 710 on the PSA website...I can't read japanese, but there appears to be several models, e.g. 710-0, 710-1, 710-2, etc.  Anyone know what this means?  Thanks!

Pic of my 711 patch. I've noticed that some are able to keep theirs supple, but mine is on the road to Jerkytown!

IMG_20200102_150026_585.thumb.jpg.934395207e5971e1265fe940ffff3934.jpg

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Look nice though ;)
Do you condition the patch in any way?

Nah, I didn't condition this patch so that's why it's cracking :P To be honest, I've never felt the need to condition my patches, but this one was rather quick to dry up!

After couple of years of thinking if 710 would have inseam long enough for me, I bought 710 36/36 in OW. Have to say I am quite happy with my purchase. Denim, construction and fit are all perfect. Even I have space for low cuff...

Fit is very similar as GBG001 and Samurai 511 and 710, which are only 4 pairs of tapered cut I own now. From today I put them in rotation ...

Fit pics next week ...  

Edited by vIGGiou riou

Looking forward to some fit pics! I think many people over-estimate their needed inseam length and it's also good to have some pairs with no break or even a short inseam to change the look.

And here I am thinking about making a reservation for the AA710, the 10th anniversary model in white denim... :rolleyes:

Some nice 711 fades seen here. 

6 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I think many people over-estimate their needed inseam length and it's also good to have some pairs with no break or even a short inseam to change the look.

100% agree. I bought the 710 in 36x36 and requested a hem to a 32.5" inseam. They came back from the hem job at 31.5". I was unhappy with the error, initially, but they look great with a shorter inseam.

bF where do you plan to preorder white version of 710 ? Through PSA ? I am thinking about them also in size W36/L34...

I ordered my 710 from Frans Boone store and they sent a flyer advertising the new white jeans along with a free bandana with them so I imagine they will be stocking them. 

Edited by Jambon

@Jambon Thanks for the heads up!

Naoki will not carry the 10th Anniversary models but buying from Frans Boone is easier for me for roughly the same price (if not even cheaper).

The white 710s are tempting! But I don't know if I will wear them enough to be worth buying.

thanks guys for white 710 info...

The white pairs are hitting the stores. Small sizes first

Who would have thought that we would talk about white denim so much here in Sufu? :D

54 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

The white pairs are hitting the stores. Small sizes first

Bears is also having their Resolute Fair so Hayashi will be there January 18th and 19th to fit/sign jeans!

That white bandana looks cool, but I really don't think I could pull off white jeans!

1 hour ago, Broark said:

That white bandana looks cool, but I really don't think I could pull off white jeans!

Same here. It’s something only Germans on holiday can seem to pull off. :smile:

41 minutes ago, Jambon said:

Same here. It’s something only Germans on holiday can seem to pull off. :smile:

I definitely doubt that and would say Italians and French could pull it off easily ;)
Where is @volvo240thebest when you need him?

If you would have said white socks in Birks I would 100% agree with you though :D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

White jeans are great.  I have a pair from Orslow that I wear in all but coldest winter months.  Very versatile and I get a lot of compliments on them.  Not bad-german style at all in my opinion.  I will get a pair of the Resolute white jeans if I can find 36 36

The only negative is that they get dirty -- that is the miracle of blue jeans... you can wear them for months and they never look dirty.  Two or three wears on the white ones and they look pretty bad....