1 Year 1 Outfit – 365 days all done

My wardrobe consisted of ten core items:

along with my workout gear:and my outerwear:Extras

I also had a small cadre of extras that consisted of my 7 pairs of Outlier socks and pullWool underwear, a Hollows Leather belt, an Archival Clothing hat, a toque, gloves, sleeping pants, and slippers. Save for some extraordinary circumstances, namely being part of a wedding party and dressing up for halloween, these were the only clothes I wore...

Challenge 1: keep it together, man

Challenge 2: being that weird guy

Challenge 3: the weather

Life with Less

Next Year

Over the next while I’ll be writing up detailed reviews of each of the pieces I used throughout the year and how they fared with my accelerated wear. If there’s something you’d like to hear about sooner than later then let me know below and I’ll try to move it up the queue. Also, I’m happy to answer any questions you might have and I’d love to hear your thoughts on my little experiment...

He's also doing an Apolis Chore Coat Giveaway

Edited by SuE

Anyone have any suggestions for a very high function gore tex shell that actually looks good? Going backpacking in the backass of Siberia in August and want something super waterproof.

anyone has any isaora codes left?

I may have one or two left over.

Anyone have any suggestions for a very high function gore tex shell that actually looks good? Going backpacking in the backass of Siberia in August and want something super waterproof.

arc'teryx alpha or theta series.

Last weekend I surreptitiously entered â–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆ, once the third-tallest building in the world and currently under renovation. There are 67 floors, the last of which is a glass-enclosed box with a view of the entire city.

sQDjTSDh.jpg

d6uFDTNh.jpg

Acronym J29-CH

Outlier Merino
Outlier Climbers
Nike Killshot Retro
DSPTCH Shoulder Bag

1ihKvSth.jpg

g2YmEFdh.jpg

bJJAt8Nh.jpg

I kept the J29 hood on for the approach and entry, but removed it after entering the building. One of the few flaws I've identified in the small J29 is that the hood is simply too small, fitting tightly around my head and forcing it forward slightly. 

This was the first test of the new DSPTCH bag with Fidlock closures. It can only carry a few items, but makes accessing them very easy. I only wish it was waterproof.

Outlier items performed as always. The sweat-wicking and breathable OG cloth was invaluable for the 67-flight ascent. 

7yIBVyYh.jpg

Crossposting from the techwear sales thread:

I have a Machine Era minimalist wallet in olive that I'm not using anymore. It's got a bit of wear on the edges, but other than that still works fine. If anyone wants it I really don't care about getting money for it, just cover the cost of a flat rate mailer to wherever you are and I'll drop it off with the next load of stuff I send out.

Edited by Igneousity

Not had any problem with wear on anything except a poorly printed ID card that was brushing up against the metal.

Guys this is a thread that frequently spends 1600 dollars on gore tex. I'm offering the wallet for like a flat rate envelope with zero dollars profit. Someone just impulse buy it and answer these questions for yourself.

18525622529_3d9ed99e8c.jpg

anyone happen to have any info on this UC piece. I was thinking it was an alt. cw to the black goretex from ss09, but I had the hardest time finding any info on this. 

Techwear thread! I maybe need some help. I sold a bunch of stuff lately and bought some other stuff I nebulously considered "cool" and kind of ended up accidentally at a pretty decent techwear look. I don't actually tend to wear techwear (and I live in Hawaii so I will never, ever, ever be able to wear this here) but hey, I'm kinda making a decent progress towards something anyways so why not? Can anyone suggest some mid layers to go under the jacket that aren't just black/olive/camo? I'd love something in a white or really light tan. Trying to keep it affordable since this is definitely not my usual everyday type of stuff, otherwise I'd be decked in acronym probably.

Anyone have any recommendations for bicycle helmets? SF Cycling threads seem to be a bunch of imgur content showing off rides or 4+ year old threads talking about old helmets.

Catlike whisper in matte black

catlike_whisper_all_sides.jpg

Casco attack is cool but $$$

Casco-Attack-Limited-Edition-Cycling-Hel

Casco Sportiv is cheap and looks ok without the visor:

casco_sportiv_tc_schwarz_braun_01.jpg

I'm not a big bell/giro fan.