Osaka showdown

Flash

I need to get some updated pictures of my Warehouse 1001XX and 700s for this thread.

Will add my WarehouseXLee 101Z and Fullcount 0105 to the mix, though neither is worn enough for the wear to show up in a full length shot.  

Fullcounts are twisted enough on the left leg that when I sit the seams are rotated nearly 90 degrees.  No where as near as dramatic on the right leg.  

From what I've seen in the Resolute thread, I think that brand would win any leg twist contest!   

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure this is the correct thread but here goes anyway. Whilst procrastinating at work this morning (quelle surprise!), I found myself looking through the old Denime contest thread. When I day 'old', I mean both an old thread and the old, pre-McCoys owned Denime. Anyway, looking at some of the worn jeans, I thought there were definite similarities between the denim and that of my SDA-101 that I started wearing again this weekend (and indeed am wearing today) after a summer off.

To get to the point, there have been many Sufu contests, including Warehouse, Full Count and Denime but I think we've all missed a real trick by not holding an SDA contest, specifically a 2-year one. This fantastic denim definitely needs 24 months to show what it is capable of. It would have been great to see this in perhaps a 101 and 103 cut for greater versatility and to suit different body types. I don't think this will ever happen now and I'm certainly not proposing it, just reminiscing a bit and rueing opportunities lost. Back to work now!

As far as I'm concerned - sure, we can try...

sorry, I meant BrownMetallic

When it comes to contest, IMO always take the same denim. The cut is not so important (as one can size up or down and thus change the silhouette) but the denim should be comparable.

And when doing a contest, try to get something special! Naoki from PSA does collabs with SDA on a regular basis. Maybe working together with him to create a unique contest model? Worth a try IMO.

But of course only if you wanna do a “real contestâ€. Otherwise , if you take whatever model SDA has to offer it’s more like a “fade show-off galleryâ€. Not that it is bad but it is different from a contest (in my eyes).

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Totally agree with b_F. When I made the contest comment that sparked off this whole discussion, it was specific about using the same denim in different cuts (SD-101 & 103, but could be extended to 106 and 107) to showcase its fading ability over 2 years. The 15oz denim is a slow and steady fader that does not yield results easily and 12 months does not do it justice. We see few really good examples in this forum but when we do, they are usually worth the wait. I say this as someone who has worn a pair on and off for the past 3 years - there are some photos in the SDA thread.

Although I'm not planning on organising or even entering such a contest, the original concept was not an SDA free-for-all as you lose the comparability element, even though that isn't an issue in the HWDC.

If anyone is going to run with this, then good luck and its up to you but I just wanted to clarify my thoughts.

Organization's not 1 of my strong pursuits , so I'm trusting/looking up to u guys to "bring [this] to the shore".

IMO, the cut/model should be open [to all].

As for the contest denim, 100% agree that it should be exclusive to their legendary 15oz prodn denim only.

As for the contest pair itself, I'm game if we, either, need to build a Contest Collab from scratch or simply utilize what's available @large.

My main interest is to break in a pair in a more competitive environment, so I'd be more inclined/motivated to keep them on more&longer__ just like with the FC contest from a few years back ;)

@ Carl: make what happen?! :D

As far as I'm concerned - sure, we can try...

Totally agree with b_F. When I made the contest comment that sparked off this whole discussion, it was specific about using the same denim in different cuts (SD-101 & 103, but could be extended to 106 and 107) to showcase its fading ability over 2 years. The 15oz denim is a slow and steady fader that does not yield results easily and 12 months does not do it justice. We see few really good examples in this forum but when we do, they are usually worth the wait. I say this as someone who has worn a pair on and off for the past 3 years - there are some photos in the SDA thread.

Although I'm not planning on organising or even entering such a contest, the original concept was not an SDA free-for-all as you lose the comparability element, even though that isn't an issue in the HWDC.

If anyone is going to run with this, then good luck and its up to you but I just wanted to clarify my thoughts.

Edited by BrownMetallic

I doubt that the 10 of us warrant a special production run - even if things pick up I guess we will be looking at probably not more than 20 people willing to put money down for a pair of SDA's.

Realistically speaking, we have 3 options:

- tag onto one of PSA's special runs (existing or at some point in the future)

- take an existing standard/regular model

- no contest, all models allowed...

To make things worse - without limited models or special deals there will be almost no additional interest...