Osaka showdown

Flash

• 4 months later...

I still wear my WH 700s quite regularly, but the lack of participation from others in this thread has quelled my motivation.

I for one can state that this is dead, as far as the thread goes. A pity really, as it had great potential..

sorry guys , after losing the weight and selling my evisu no.1's all ive pretty mutch worn are my 710's but ive been putting alot more wear into my 1108's lately but i think its a little too late ?? sorry surrealizm i know you updated alot

• 1 month later...

Well ive sold my 2000's after droping some weight but im wearing some fullcount 1108's and would be stoked if we could start again,

Surrealizm was a pretty dedicated poster here so hpoefully he will forgive my late contrabution and continue to share his 700's(if there is anyone out there wearing some evisu in no.1 or no.2 denim send me a pm please , we also need to fill a studio'd artisan spot and a denime spot (if any of the orignal members still want to post please send me a pm)

Here is a fit pic and a quick progress pic

please excuse the mess , ive recently bought my first (moved in 4 weeks ago) house and still have alot of work to do so its pretty dissorganised

20120101_123518-1.jpg

20120117_130617.jpg

20120117_130609.jpg

realy love these the denim is sooooo nice

Edited by Flash

my bad, im about 5 months on my 1108 i just suck with cameras - think just natural light with no flash would be best? im gunna wash em soon so itll show some evo

it's cool if you wanna take over the fc part - i got a pair of wh660s i wanna break in, maybe we could just make this thread about osaka 5 evo?

Edited by HAZARDkid

ive got an fc 1108 in rotation with three other pairs. its currently my weekend/holiday warrior, so its gonna be a long time before i can show any fadez. but it might be interesting to compare how zimbabwe cotton develops evo in tropical indonesia compared to in other places? anyways, here it is in ratahan, north sulawesi, last xmas (i normally live in jakarta, the capital of indonesia):

6725131091_807255385b_z.jpg

thats a bentor=becak/bendi motor, motorized pedicab, in the background. basically they stick a pedicab into the front end of an underbone/scooter and change the gear ratio so it can carry more weight.

this one comes with full sound system *insert happy trance soundtrack*:

6725356981_0e408153ae_z.jpg

heres how far ratahan is from osaka :):

6725137841_01a46341fb_z.jpg

Edited by oomslokop

Well atm there is 3 fullcount representives confirmed but over the weekend i hope to get a few people on board (i will pm all the starting members to see if there is still any interest)

and again if there is anyone that would like to join please pm me

Edited by Flash

back in jakarta = A, B = osaka:

6738857523_38b860c3cb_z.jpg

weekend warrior does what it's best at, food-hunting:

6738811775_79074ab031_z.jpg

braaaiiiiiiins!

6738819937_4f7e759618_z.jpg

legendary ice-cold sweet jasmine tea drink. it's like indonesia's coke.

6738831559_8ded931664_z.jpg

weekend warrior with dry bones' cops' brekkie shirt

I've contacted flash and have some 15th Anniversary Warehouse 1001XX that I'll contribute updates for. I've had them 20 months, but I'm guessing the number of days of actual wear comes out to somewhere around six or seven months and they've had a similar amount of trips through the washing machine. Won't be wearing these daily since I have a couple other pair of LVC I'm wearing in, and I like the 1001s where they're currently at. I'm going to enjoy where they're at rather than pushing them to wear like I've done the past three years with two pairs of contest jeans (Full Count and LVC). By the end of February I'm hoping to pick up another pair of Warehouse. Leaning toward the #700, but their Lee 101Z keeps calling to me too. Which ever I go with, I'll throw in some updates of it too.

Looking back there was talk of an end date to this thing, which I agreed with at the time. Not exactly sure what the goal of the thread is, but I view it simply as a source for direct comparison of the evolution of various models of the five brands, and as such can go on indefinitely, and add or lose participants. I think those that want to participate should post an update every two to three months, and throw in the occasional fit picture. I don't think we need to load this thread up with "what are you doing" (food, scenery, events, etc) posts, unless your jeans are the focus of the photographs.

So, here's some pictures I took of my 1001s, while playing with my new iPhone recently. Got the day off from work today, so if I get some decent light I'll try to take some close up, detail shots. if the feeling is they're already too worn for a proper evolution in this thread, let me know and i can leave the 1001s out and jump in later with a different pair of Warehouse.

img0513ap.jpg

By setterman at 2012-01-23

img0516g.jpg

By setterman at 2012-01-23

Tbh mate that was my original idea ( to use this thread as a referance to compare the 5 brands and not to have a time limit to wear the jeans) so if its ok with everyone elese ill edit my starting post and remove the end time.

Jeans look great btw setter

Aight, then I'll contribute with my SDA SP013s as well, if that's ok? Got like 16+ months of wear on them. They still use the same fabric for a few limited models.

Taking them to Japan next month to have them fixed.

Took a walk into Belfast city center today and took a few pics along the way

Stopped at my sisters house along the way to see her new dog (tried to take a pic but it wouldnt stand still for a second)

20120115_133833.jpg

First stop was the bank but after that i called into a pretty cool vintage clothing shop called bang, they have a huge big e ad bannerill make sure and get a pic next time im inhomhh

20120123_121304.jpg

Walked past the Europa hotel, its famous for being the most bombed hotel in europe ( i think the IRA hit it like 40 times from 1970 - 1994)

20120123_115919.jpg

before i left town i called into the crown for a pint

20120123_115947.jpg

I think the fullcounts are gonna get a wash in a week or two so ill through some updates up then