What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

What year is your tractor, Buler?
It looks much newer than mine but the dash is almost identical.

On 6/25/2024 at 1:31 PM, CSL said:

What year is your tractor, Buler?
It looks much newer than mine but the dash is almost identical.

@csl, you know, I'm not sure. I went and looked and couldn't find any kind of dated sticker or plaque on it. It was my wife's ex-husbands tractor. All I know is I don't know what I'd do without it.

My brother and I did an enduro race yesterday in Tuscawaras County, Ohio. Had a lot of fun and made a couple new friends to ride with. 

Just got done with a ride with my dad this evening and my legs are toast lol.

racincolor.jpg

20240630_084202.jpg

20240701_110916.jpg

IMG_5220.thumb.jpeg.df56de1c81d9389a902d8e66db4ac529.jpegIMG_5224.thumb.jpeg.2527da373c06b83d0254d604187ee6a9.jpegIMG_5228.thumb.jpeg.64406c8ee9032996b112ed780f4221f0.jpegIMG_3115.thumb.jpeg.c6283710be1daaca37b160d1ebfb1aad.jpegIMG_5248.thumb.jpeg.7d0a5cc8fb727feba544068c6c3ca50d.jpegIMG_5236.thumb.jpeg.e19dc481d74f5c126c44db54ac54a523.jpegIMG_3159.thumb.jpeg.953df75809b3c2aeb3b8b3f9d862dbd7.jpegIMG_5251.thumb.jpeg.37e8ad84eeef63a2de99ffe99fd7ff3f.jpegIMG_5256.thumb.jpeg.afecab933bd3ac4c14dc1928c8e472e2.jpegIMG_5269.thumb.jpeg.169052421dc20ce6a6556de0fb0ec045.jpegIMG_5303.thumb.jpeg.7dbbd9208d5c65f452692f268bb57244.jpegLove my country, but not the warzone of fireworks on the 4th. So we got out of the city and went to stay at the Fort Casey Inn on Whidbey Island, WA

8 minutes ago, youngofthesoonest said:

Congrats! having kids is super easy. easiest thing I've done. you'll be back to normal life in no time. 

Oh yeah it's going to be a breeze, no doubt about that. :laugh2:

1 hour ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

^ that’s true enough, but the cool thing is that sleep deprivation just obliterates your short term memory, so you’ll probably forget that (and lots of other stuff) before you know you forgot it. 

the whole first year we spent thinking "there's no way we are doing this shit again. we've aged a million years and our body and spirit are beaten" and then somehow we forgot about all of that, had a second kid and during her first year where she had terrible sleep we kept going "was it this hard the first time around??". luckily my wife had taken good notes with figuring out schedules and we realized that our brains had buried that trauma deep down and tricked us into only remembering the cute moments. 

9 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

^ that’s true enough, but the cool thing is that sleep deprivation just obliterates your short term memory, so you’ll probably forget that (and lots of other stuff) before you know you forgot it. 

Fair enough. Even 3 months out, my memory makes it seem less stressful than I know that it was in the moment. Thankfully my parental leave is incredibly generous or I have no clue how we would have done it

Our situation was admittedly not the ideal, though I’ve learned it was not so atypical either. It was covid lockdown and we couldn’t get outside help. We lived in loft studio apartment with no separate rooms. Our kid had some reflux issues that prevented him from sleeping well until about 4 months old. I had to teach online in that same apartment and my partner got a whopping 6 weeks of leave after an emergency C section, having to go back to work in person every day. Everything was super chill. It didn’t give me any grey hairs. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, we're excited and nervous. Going to be a huge life change.
Unfortunately with my new job I won't qualify for 6 weeks of paid paternal leave until I've been there for a full year.
But I can use that leave at any time within the a year of the birth which is nice.
Started the job in May and the baby is due to arrive in January, but I think my org is pretty flexible and should let me work from home initially so I can make sure everyone is settling in as well as they possibly can.
My wife should hopefully have about 12 weeks of unpaid (<_<) leave, but I think we'll manage.
Needless to say I'll probably be selling some more stuff here soon. :laugh2:

Don't need any more denim @Broark but will browse your wares if posted here.

My son was only a year old when l joined Sufu in 2009 now he's 17 and as tall as me,  wears my old FW47'S and is taking driving lessons !

Enjoy every moment mate, it's a journey you'll never forget.

Edited by Dr_Heech

Our youngest is 14 now and she’s doing her first babysitting job for a neighbour’s kids this evening!

EDIT: and for the denim enthusiasts, she’s wearing a pair of faded wash, high-waisted ‘mom’ style jeans from H&M! 😂