Warehouse

Medine

just when i thought i was out, aho pulls me back in!lovely jeans, those 700xx, red tab and levis arcs (when u remove the other stitches)

what kind of denim is this? it has a red selvage line which is different from all my other warehouse jeans (they have yellow selvage)

i dont. though i dont think those will shrink much, they should be sanfordized. are you going to get them ? they look phantastic

Don't think so, there's a pair for sale in the supermarket for an amazing price, but even with a bit of shrinking i think they'll be too big for me. Someone a bit bigger should definitely cop!!

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=249710

Here's a fit of my 700J's (x from WAYWT).

IMG_1092.jpg

One week of wear ,just loosening up in the waist and settling. Kinda wish they were a touch longer so I could get a short cuff on them, but as is they hit just right.

Plenty of blue every time I wash my hands...

^ thanks man! Yeah, I'm truly lame at getting fits taken and posted, but I stopped by the Woodlands today to say hey to Mike and Nicole and she kindly snapped one for me.

Was really excited to score these jeans, so I wanted to share the love (or something like that).

Here's a fit of my 700J's (x from WAYWT).

One week of wear ,just loosening up in the waist and settling. Kinda wish they were a touch longer so I could get a short cuff on them, but as is they hit just right.

Plenty of blue every time I wash my hands...

That's a superb fit (out of rep).

Honestly, I think those would look better with a cuff. There's some bagging around the knee so you've got a bit of room in the length. Give a single 2" cuff a try. They should fall right at the ankles with little or no break for a cleaner look. Pair that with some great boots and you've got a classic silhouette. That's how I intend to wear my 700J's when I get around to them.

Quick comment/questions about a curious feature of the J.Crew 700s. On my first pair, the fabric constituting the inside crotch and fly area had frayed edges, as seen here: 3razk.jpg

and here: b7kk89.jpg

Thinking this was a defect, I exchanged them for another pair. Well, the second pair has the same curious feature. I'm starting to wonder:

A) Did Warehouse sell J. Crew a defective batch of jeans?

B) Is this a a mark of distinction intentionally sewn into the garment?

C) Is this some weird coincidence, in which I've received two jeans in a row with the exact same defect?

I think that both the bottom of the fly piece as well as the way seam that joins the left and right front panels are both ways to simplify the consruction and save costs. neither will greatly inhibit the prformance of each pice but the look is unrefined. the fly pice is stiched and riveted down, it will take a long time to fray to the point where it would matter, at that point most of the jeans will already be covered with repair. as far as the way the way the panels are joined, this is a technique used commonly in "mall" jeans. rare to see in the japanese repros or old levis. in order to sell these jeans at a price j.crew can make a profit off of, the jeans had to be made more cost effectively, it seams that with such a efficient design its difficult to cut costs without compromising the quality. these are some of the areas they chose to save money on.

great fit oboy, i agree with Peter Parker that you should try a small cuff, doenst matter they come up a bit short like that, makes it easier to show off your boots :)

Thanks for the kind words and rep guys. Much appreciated.

They definitely are not too long w/ no cuff, as I like a little break, but I'm wearing them now and just threw a ~1.5" cuff on them to see how it looks/feels for the day. And SLAB, good point: gotta show off the boots!

The higher rise on these makes them seem a little shorter in inseam to me, even though they measure out about where I'd want. Just the process of getting a new pair dialed--part of the fun!

rare to see in the japanese repros or old levis. in order to sell these jeans at a price j.crew can make a profit off of, the jeans had to be made more cost effectively, it seams that with such a efficient design its difficult to cut costs without compromising the quality. these are some of the areas they chose to save money on.

good to have a jean maker's input. Beautiful Freak actually said this construction detail is a repro thing. :rolleyes:

good to have a jean maker's input. Beautiful Freak actually said this construction detail is a repro thing. :rolleyes:

im sure it was more of a WWII or post WWII detail, im not sure, but i bet you would not see it on a 20's or 30's levis. WWII really was an accelerator for mass manufacturing and streamlined production sacrifices details. the 80s began in the 50s

Putting in Day 1 on my 700J's. It's a little bit of a strange cut -- went TTS at 36" (and they came in very hard one-washed at 34" or so to start but have already stretched in the waist by 1.5") but everywhere else (thighs, crotch etc.) they're almost baggy like Carhatt work pants, esp. with the low slung front pocket openings.

Have to wait and see how they settle in . . . but I like the cut on my 800's so much (sz 34 with about 6-7 months actual wear) that I'm going to have a hard time putting them aside to work on these...

DAMN people weren't lying when they said Duckdigger was looking good....The pants all look incredible and I want a few pair of each lol....Looks like at least the 1874 Silver Miner is a diff. denim than 1000XX? The 1880 Old West Townsmen also caught my eye although the product description is lacking on denim info for all of them (at least I think, I just skimmed, haven't read thoroughly...)

duck digger denim has always been somewhat of a mystery to me. I have the DD107 and I still havent figured out what denim they used for it.

I have to agree the Duck Digger line for this summer looks amazing but I suppose the Lee and Warehouse line still needs updating, it felt a little underwhelming? I also noticed they don't show the back pocket stitching on the catalog site for the 700XX, did they run into legal difficulties already?