Warehouse

Medine

Josh - If you are only looking at the 800 or the 660 models then you are right. Those two models are not meant to be repro of any particular Levi’s year. But the 1001XX is a fairly good repro of 50s 501xx. The 700 series are fairly accurate repro of 30s and WWII 501XX. Duckdigger and Heller’s Café have really good repro of lesser known or obscure jean brands. The new Lee Archives jeans are very accurate as well.

Denim heads that are into Samurai, Iron Hearts, and Skulls have totally different tastes in denim than those who like Warehouse. Warehouse does not have a nice slim straight/tapered cut like SJ5010 or IH301 nor heavy weight denim and exotic dyed denim/hardware like Samurai and IH. Those brands appeal to a totally different group of denim heads. Nothing Warehouse can produce can appeal to those fans besides becoming those brands.

Tiro – the current 1001XX denim is different from all the old 1001XX denim.

Neakal and case – I was wrong about the fit pics. Cheap has the BIG N1 instead of the D5.

Does anyone have any fit pictures of the Blueingreen D5 model? I've gone through this entire thread and I can't find any.

I'm on the fence about getting a pair of the D5s from BiG...does anyone here have any experience with these jeans? I'm curious about the shrinking on them. Maybe someone who's had another model in WH's 1000xx denim could shed a light on this?

Snake -- Absolutely. I knew as I was writing that there were a few glaring holes in my argument. The one issue that I have consistently had with the 700, 800, and 660 models has been the comparatively low rise. That isn't to say that I believe the 700 and 800 models to be anything even approximating a low rise, but rather that they seem -- to me, at least -- to feature lower rises than they should. At 6'2" I'm a slightly taller guy, so I usually seek out a higher rise. It isn't a huge issue though -- I wish my 800s were 1" higher in the front. The back is fine, but when I lay them flat on the ground, it's clear that there's too much difference between the two rises.

I'd really like to grab a pair of the 15th anniversary. The measurements seem to be pretty spot on with those of a LVC or SC '55 in the same size.

As far as the differences between Iron Heart, Samurai, and Flat Head on one side, and Warehouse on the other, I agree that it's simply a matter of taste. However, If sized accordingly, a pair of 660s or 800s could easily serve as a slim fit. Aside from my affinity for a more accurate repro cut, I much prefer the way all Warehouse denim fades. The results we all see in, say, the Samurai thread, look too artificial to me. But again, its all a matter of taste.

yes it's really a matter of taste.

as many know I'm a big Samurai lover but I also own a WH 800 and like the simple "blue jeans"-vibe on 'em. Exactly why I love my Denimes. It don't have to be always the pair with all the bling bling. a good fitting pair of jeans with interesting denim (like the denim on the Denimes or WH 800) and top notch construction: what more you can ask for?

I've seen several very slim fitting 660

Still can't rep Snake for the epic evo pics! On a side note can you post some pics of your wallet (Tenjin Works?) in the leather thread? It looks good!

The 700xx has almost everything I look for in a pair of jeans, and very reasonably priced too, but my collection is yearning for a pair of Zimbabwe cotton denim in a modern cut (FC, Momo, RJB, UES). Only have (barely enough) money and time for one pair.....

Snake --

As far as the differences between Iron Heart, Samurai, and Flat Head on one side, and Warehouse on the other, I agree that it's simply a matter of taste. However, If sized accordingly, a pair of 660s or 800s could easily serve as a slim fit. Aside from my affinity for a more accurate repro cut, I much prefer the way all Warehouse denim fades. The results we all see in, say, the Samurai thread, look too artificial to me. But again, its all a matter of taste.

I'm surprised you think that. I've found that the Warehouse and Samurai fades are the best and most natural looking. I do agree about the 660s, definitely a "slim" cut depending on your legs.

The one issue that I have consistently had with the 700, 800, and 660 models has been the comparatively low rise. That isn't to say that I believe the 700 and 800 models to be anything even approximating a low rise, but rather that they seem -- to me, at least -- to feature lower rises than they should. At 6'2" I'm a slightly taller guy, so I usually seek out a higher rise. It isn't a huge issue though -- I wish my 800s were 1" higher in the front. The back is fine, but when I lay them flat on the ground, it's clear that there's too much difference between the two rises.

I understand about the rise on Japanese jeans for bigger dudes. Many Japanese denim brands slim down the top block to accomodate the Asian body type.

I do like the 15oz Texas cotton denim from Samurai but most of their jeans are too flashy or exaggerated for my taste.

Undcvrsm - Some older pics of my Tenjin Works wallet (http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2453852&postcount=196) I'll take some more pics of my wallet this weekend.

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of BiG D5's. Will report here as soon as i get them!

Surprised BiG is clearing that model out. From there measurements it looks like a pretty straight forward, work for most people cut, that should have sold out on it's own by now.

taishing; those are amazing :eek:

i love that dirty sheen that seems to be a characteristic of Warehouse denim. I see the same color on my pair appearing

Surprised BiG is clearing that model out. From there measurements it looks like a pretty straight forward, work for most people cut, that should have sold out on it's own by now.

Setterman, I agree with you about those D5s and I'd have dived in myself if I didn't have some Warrens and 15th anniversary 1001XX at home. My only potential issue was the rise measurements on the BiG size chart. I think the back looks too high relative to the low front (or vice versa) for sizes 31 & 32.

I don't know why I post here just to feel inadequate but here goes... My 1003xx 15th Ann. @ maybe 120 real wears (including lots of dog walking) with 4 - mostly hot - washes meaning all shrinkage should be out of the way. Aho's pics from J-Fabled have encouraged me to wash even more often going forward to effect those trademark, WH crinkles, but have to get thru my context S500JX-LR's first; which now feel positively skinny and micro-rised by comparison:

img0452cv.jpg

img0455z.jpg

img0456j.jpg

img0449jj.jpg

img0459cs.jpg

img0463g.jpg

props for being the only one on here with real wear on the 1003XX...Really wish I had gotten a pair but what can you do!

For some reason, I'm really craving one of those new standard 1001XX's yet I haven't even broken in my 15th Anniversary pair...too much denim, no more time to wear any of it :(

Yeah, I've grown so fond of the higher-rise on these, I'm slightly wary of the lower (relatively) rise to the new 1001s. Consequently, I hope the 700xx will undoubtedly be my next jean. My impression is that they taper even more, while retaining the roomy thigh and high rise. But I'll likely size down 1 to a 30 (these are TTS @ 31 and stretch more than expected).

When WH fade so well despite denim so smooth and soft, I don't know how or why I'd deviate in the near future. Famous last words, of course.

Yeah, I've grown so fond of the higher-rise on these, I'm slightly wary of the lower (relatively) rise to the new 1001s.

Does anyone have the rise measurements on the new 1001XX? When google translates the Warehouse page for me, I get this.... "1001 15th silhouette is a bit shallow rise slightly loose around the waist of the same." I don't know if they're saying the new model is more shallow than the 15th Anniv, or if the two are the same but have less rise than older models.

I have the size 38 15th 1001XX, which doesn't have the two inch over tagged size raw measurement like the smaller sizes. That made them true to size for me, so the rise is lower than if a larger size had been available. But, they're still fairly high waisted and at very worst could be considered mid rise.

^The measurements seam to line up exact:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ot-emens/mwa99-1001xx/

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ot-emens/mwa21-5001-001/

Also, I'm going to self conclude that the 1001XX 15th Anniversary and the new release 1001XX are two different fabrics. My initial impression is that they were very similar, but after taking a close look (wish I had actual samples in hand...), the 15th looks to have a bit more nep and blue/gray haziness to it than the new standard 1001XX. Of course this is all speculation and until Warehouse or Gordon comes out and straight says otherwise, we will never know! Has anyone handled both in person?

It seems the New 1001XX and the 15th 1001XX have the same silhouette. Here is the same model wearing a size 30 in both 1001XX models (Porky's website)

15th 1001XX

WH1001XX15thFR.jpg

WH1001XX15thBK.jpg

New 1001XX

WH1001XXNewFR.jpg

WH1001XXNewBK.jpg

The back pockets of the new 1001XX look bigger. Somehow the back yoke looks different as well. As far as the denim, it's really hard to tell if they are diffferent. Someone need to hit up Gordon for some info.

Blue Gear says the denim on his new 700XX is the same as the 15th 1001XX denim so I guess that settles it somewhat...Beautiful pair!

http://blog.livedoor.jp/char3red3/archives/1752687.html

A little bit different in details compared to the older one's on BiG's site. I like 'em.

And the 15th 1001XX on Blue Gear is fantastic. Love the grayish cast to them, and that they're not super contrasty. Been wearing my 1001XXs a little bit lately, and giving my LVC 55s some down time. I think the '55s are going to see their wear go from daily to four times a week, and the 1001XXs get the remaining three days.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/char3red3/archives/1737095.html

progress pics. before you say anything, yes my digicam is 5 years old and yes i am terrible at taking photos with it

owned since sept 09. few washes, few soaks, pretty inconsistent wear, 2 crotch repairs done

DSCF5416.jpg

DSCF5417.jpg

DSCF5418.jpg

DSCF5421.jpg

attempt at showing vertical falling (i think thats what its called) and grey cast that has appeared

DSCF5420.jpg