Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

It's a cruel universe!

Just last night I promised myself that I will work my PBJ and TCB pairs and not add another pair to the rotation. However, this is everything I have been looking for. Single pocket, suspender buttons, no belt loops, high rise, tapered leg. God!!!!

I would hardly call these tapered (I know it says it on the product description) as the it looks like most pairs lose only half an inch from knee to hem.
But if you're expecting them to be tapered like a pair of PBJ and tight around the calves and ankle you're going to be surprised.

The new Hercules overalls and a bit of sunshine encouraged me to pull out these Ooe x Bandanna Almanac. Bought last August and intending to give them some wear this summer. They are similarly sized to the new ones - very high rise, plenty of room in the leg and wide(ish) leg opening (to Broark's point). Dungaree denim so should be interesting to see how they develop over the coming years.

2018-04-14 17.55.01.jpg

Edited by MJF9

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

They look fantastic Foxy. How's the fit and feel?

haven't put them on, yet - hopefully, they don't shrink too much and stretch a lot. otherwise I have made another sizing mistake...

3 minutes ago, i_denim said:

@Foxy2 Please post some fit pics. Those look lovely. Did they come from S&S or all the way from Japan?

they came directly from Japan (from the first, pre-washed lot) - it's faster that way.

did a quick dress check this morning after the soak/wash & stretching - they stretched out nicely, the rise is high and they are meant to sit around the waist or, probably, higher. denim and colour also benefited from the wash/soak.

will do proper trial and take pics over the weekend...

Edited by Foxy2

pics from after the soak/wash...

IMG_5424_zpsxnxejcvq.jpg
IMG_5425_zpsuxby2huh.jpg
IMG_5426_zps66slkuxy.jpg
IMG_5427_zpsdiccigkd.jpg
IMG_5428_zpsbco22e7k.jpg

waistband, back yoke, cinch & back pocket are cut at a 90 degree angle...

IMG_5429_zpspoyxxptp.jpg
IMG_5430_zps9h1gksuz.jpg

Edited by Foxy2

On 4/14/2018 at 1:29 AM, i_denim said:

It's a cruel universe!

Just last night I promised myself that I will work my PBJ and TCB pairs and not add another pair to the rotation. However, this is everything I have been looking for. Single pocket, suspender buttons, no belt loops, high rise, tapered leg. God!!!!

I deal with this issue weekly...so many  Model/brands I’d like to try

@Bobbo they're on the back burner currently, but wore them to lounge around on a lazy Sunday.
If you look closely you can see the threads along the back middle seam are disintegrating, so they need some repair work before I put more wear into them.

On 4/30/2018 at 12:18 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

foxy: they look smashing

like very much the check cloth you have it paired with in post-soak pix...

Thanks everybody!

that would be from one of the more recent WH button-down shirts.

51728032-E6C7-4D41-A550-2A569CE86222_zps

6A0CB9DE-0542-4EE0-9249-3722D6054DD5_zps

43EB825D-6C3E-41E8-9265-C21620D07B48_zps

72FAA92C-E2B9-4510-9A0B-5CE41A95A7A4_zps

9A33268C-5985-44D6-9CAA-AE6815604D08_zps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...