Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Where can I snag a pair of the OA02 cut in a 35? Every time they restock I'm either broke or don't have a need for jeans but I've got the itch right now.

I'll have a restock of those by end of August. Get at me if you want to reserve them.

Also, gentle reminder, if anyone is in the Bay Area, and wants to meet Ryo and Hiro, they'll be at our shop tomorrow for Denim Bruin!

Edited by mrsmiff

the blanks are.  not sure about the lettered versions.  The t-shirts were beautiful, but the fit was more of a traditional work-wear undergarment as opposed to a t-shirt.  snug chest/shoulder/torso with a neck hole wider than a standard t-shirt.  of course, the finish was flawless and the undyed cotton was beautiful

^ That was my take too garden gnomes.  I tried on a size 44 t-shirt -- the fabric is very soft.  While it fit superbly and was extremely comfortable, it's on old world look with a chest-hugging feel and low neck.  Ryo was standing nearby and repeated the word 'vintage' several times, while showing me old black & white photos of workers from almost a century ago wearing similar shirts.  If I recall correctly, these shirts are made on a sewing machine from the early 20th century.

Overall, I couldn't have been more impressed with the folks from Ooe -- they take what they do seriously, yet they're warm, engaging, and enjoyed a good laugh over words that we all could almost understand.  I think I learned that their shop is 2-3 hours by car from Tokyo, that Ooe is their last name, and that yofukuten is Japanese for clothing manufacturer.  Correct me if any of this is wrong ;-)

John

Just wanted to give the guys at Standard & Strange a shout out for hooking me up with one of the new tees from M&O Mfg. Co., the new brand from Ryo and Hiro in collaboration with Mr. Matsuoka Sewing Machine!

Also the shipping was crazy fast, sent mrsmiff the money on Wednesday and it already got here today.

FyXF9b8.jpg
This is a size 44, the fabric is a really nice oatmeal color with some slight irregularity and nep to it. 

The fit is very similar to a Mr. Freedom skivvy tee, high and tight sleeves with a wider neck.

I like how small and minimal the rayon label (assuming it's rayon) is. The fabric is also very lightweight, prefect for the summer.

63Qh3Pz.jpg

Nice branded sticker attached to the shirt.

GXnF8Tx.jpg

The attention to detail in the sewing is what you would expect from a pair of jeans from Ooe Yofukuten.

Shoulder and sleeve stitching:

CoyFDvu.jpg

Really interesting looking stitch along the side seams, this is the inside of the shirt:

3rKLfiN.jpg

Neck opening:

xrbOGYS.jpg

This photo is the true color of the fabric:

JWbg7np.jpg

Never thought I could write this much about a blank white tee, but leave it to Ryo, Hiro and Mr. Matusoka to include so many nice details! I look forward to what the brand has in store.

Thanks y'all, I will work on getting a fit pic up in the next few days or so.

It's very much meant to be an undershirt from my understanding, so it's quite slim in the chest but not uncomfortably so.

• 3 weeks later...

They use the standard Ooe hardware on those jeans, so you should be able to get a replacement. But since it's a flat-front button (not sure of the technical term) rather than a doughnut-type button, it might be difficult to replace yourself unless you know somewhere with a button press. I've tried using a hammer at home to replace buttons of that style, yet have never gotten it to sit quite right.

By the way.... I have some of those in stock aaaaand maybe some buckle back Hercules overalls... 

Just wanted to give the guys at Standard & Strange a shout out for hooking me up with one of the new tees from M&O Mfg. Co., the new brand from Ryo and Hiro in collaboration with Mr. Matsuoka Sewing Machine!

Also the shipping was crazy fast, sent mrsmiff the money on Wednesday and it already got here today.

FyXF9b8.jpg
This is a size 44, the fabric is a really nice oatmeal color with some slight irregularity and nep to it. 

The fit is very similar to a Mr. Freedom skivvy tee, high and tight sleeves with a wider neck.

I like how small and minimal the rayon label (assuming it's rayon) is. The fabric is also very lightweight, prefect for the summer.

63Qh3Pz.jpg

Nice branded sticker attached to the shirt.

GXnF8Tx.jpg

The attention to detail in the sewing is what you would expect from a pair of jeans from Ooe Yofukuten.

Shoulder and sleeve stitching:

CoyFDvu.jpg

Really interesting looking stitch along the side seams, this is the inside of the shirt:

3rKLfiN.jpg

Neck opening:

xrbOGYS.jpg

This photo is the true color of the fabric:

JWbg7np.jpg

Never thought I could write this much about a blank white tee, but leave it to Ryo, Hiro and Mr. Matusoka to include so many nice details! I look forward to what the brand has in store.

There's going to be a pile of OA02XX coming our way shortly, with a 50-year Time Machine treatment. The indigo takes on a greenish cast, and the hand becomes much more dry. Just like you pulled them out of a stack at a feed store in Nebraska.

2uzxxWq.jpg

tMkKB0j.jpg

Edited by mrsmiff