horriblyjollyjinx

Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

How does 03 compare to 01 and 02, other than being their sum?

@JohnM my understanding is that it's the widest / straightest leg offering from OA, even more than the 01.
Also typically has WWII detailing.

Edit: b_F beat me to it. -_-

Edited by Broark

Any differences at all between the top blocks of the different cuts? I’ve always been a little worried that the 01 would be too slim for me through the thighs; should I expect the 03 to be any better?

I think they are all the same.

As a comparison, I have the OA02 in a 35, and SC Okis in a 33. The SC is roomier, but not by a ton. I would feel ok going to a 36 in the OA for a little roomier fit.

Darn. I already have to size up in the waist to fit into the Okis, so that kinda feeds into my worries—always figured I'd be a 35 in Ooe, but maybe not

edit: Not that I really need any more jeans, anyhow…

Edited by julian-wolf

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Any differences at all between the top blocks of the different cuts? I’ve always been a little worried that the 01 would be too slim for me through the thighs; should I expect the 03 to be any better?

According to the size charts the thighs are bigger on the 03

No harm in sizing up; Ooe was the brand that taught me I could and should wear a size 38 and I haven’t looked back since :laugh2:

@beautiful_FrEaK where are you finding those size charts? Just checked the charts on the Ooe web shop & they show the 01 and the 03 as being identical above the knees—would be interested to know if there are other charts elsewhere that say otherwise

Either way, these actually look like they may work in a size 35 after all, based on Ooe’s listed post-wash measurements, but I guess that all depends on how this fabric shrinks

Sorry, my bad. I must have misread the chart. They show indeed the same measurements for the upper thigh on all Ooe models.

9 hours ago, aho said:

No harm in sizing up; Ooe was the brand that taught me I could and should wear a size 38 and I haven’t looked back since :laugh2:

Ooe especially I feel. I could size up 2-3 sizes in Ooe and the jeans still look natural 

I have a bunch of Ooe jeans in 01 and 02, but not 03.  The top blocks are all the same, except for two.  The waist is trimmer on the Golden Gates and bigger on the Standard & Strange short-run collaboration.  The latter is my favorite, with #17 denim and its beautiful vertical fades.

I have two pairs of 02 from S and S. 38 and 36 -- both shrank a lot ( for comparison I have a 33 and 34 in Roy 01's)-- love the denim and fit of both.  The leg is just right, not too slim, not too full. They also have some of the nicest pocket bags... very soft yet substantial!

I don't think I would be interested in either model 01 or 03 if the leg is wider. 

Kicking myself as I completely missed out on the pre-order of the Barnstormers. Here's hoping I have better luck with the 03 cut.

Yeah I'm holding out for the 03, it doesn't seem to come up in production much and I want something a little different.
I'll keep you posted on when they are released @aho :ph34r:

Barnstormers says they can sort me out so I may get the 01 cut after all. I'll be happy with either, but I'll go with whichever way the universe tells me to first :laugh2:

Ha Duke!  Yes, I need to post some pics wearing recent FW shirts (with thanks to Mr. Mantee) and maybe a McCoy’s jacket (thanks to my own extravagance).

... and that other ecru Ooe John... and always good to see that sunshine which is super rare around my way these days :)

Yes Michael, northern California, in its glory, apart from earthquakes ...

6 hours ago, JohnM said:

Yes Michael, northern California, in its glory, apart from earthquakes ...

And fires, and smoke 

And Silicon Valley folks

@julian-wolf there used to be, but it seems like that feature fell off somewhere recently.