Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

The 60 years NOS denim is available but sold out already in 31-33 unfortunately for me. 

http://ooeyofukuten.ocnk.net/product/18

Thanks for the link to the blogspot Jambon.  Looks like the 60 years NOS fabric is a little lighter in color than the standard 13.5 oz. Ooe denim.  Anything else different?  I'm a little colorblind ;-)

I had this response re any more stock..

"Thank you for inquiring.

So sorry about out of stock.
We reproduce the OA02-1015 & OA01XX-1055(60 years NOS Finish) by next spring.
You can make a tentative reservation and wait for the next production.
Could you wait for a while? Sorry for kept you waiting and bother you. We will let you know right after our production is finished.
If you would, please let us know your size desired.
Thank you very much for your patience.

Best regards,
OOE YOFUKUTEN & Co.
Ryo and hero"

• 2 weeks later...

Those are coming along very nicely aho, I feel like I get discouraged with how my OA02XX's are coming along from time to time. Not sure why.

Plus they are in need of some repairs, the denim is tearing a bit at the crotch...

^It's slow and steady progress for sure, more so than I was anticipating during the first few months in which it felt the indigo fell relatively fast, which it has proven not to at this point. Almost at the year mark (started exactly on January 1st, 2015) but I figure I'll wear these until I can reach nemoulette's 41 status...

So I purchased a pair of Ooe's on eBay a couple of weeks ago on impulse and (long story) won't have them in my hands for another month.

I just checked the eBay listing for the details on them and the seller has removed the listing. If by chance the previous owner of the jeans is on here, what exactly did I buy?

I think they were OA02's but would love to know more details about them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just gave my OA02XX pair a final wash and put them away for the winter. They've quickly become my favorite pair: great fit (they've converted me to loving the 60s cut) and an incredibly comfortable denim that looks amazing with fairly frequent washes. But that light weight means that the winter breezes we've just started getting in town can cut right through them.

I've only had them since July, but they've been my most frequently worn pair and have gone through a fair bit of travel to London, LA, plus all the miles that get put on them in New York. Probably about 3 months of effective wear, and 4-5 washes including an initial hot wash. Next year, I'd like to wear these to the point where they look like Flash and Aho's incredible contest pairs.

Full-length photos were both tweaked for exposure and shadows/contrast since they came out very dark, all others are straight off the phone.

P4317Q9.jpg

Pq5jbmv.jpg

ZlSZXJQ.jpg

K7X2XuU.jpg

Loving the paper patch. It's probably only got a couple washes left in it though. It just started to rip in the upper right.

Xw6LM6c.jpg

Traintracks just starting to peek through.

1EqfmY0.jpg

A close-up of the incredible roping these jeans get. There's a few repairs that are going to be necessary pretty soon, as some chainstiching is also coming undone on the felled seams through the seat.

2LOXohM.jpg

Those look great! Should continue to develop very nicely.

I feel like I've washed my pair a bit too frequently and ended up with an overall very washed out look.

Not that this is a really bad thing, just wish I would've washed a little less frequently in hindsight I guess.

Gave the 01's another wash over the holiday (11 months daily light wear):

23399233876_b054fc6635_z.jpg

It seems the jeans still fit after all the shrinking and eating, however, I've now outgrown all of my Flathead shirts, etc. which is a bit distressing but will force me to wear my FC type 1 jacket every day...Thankful that TCB released their shirts though for an affordable alternative!

Typically my jeans are more washed out than my current Ooe's but I've been washing less out of circumstance (moved to an apartment with coin laundry vs. in unit/free before); maybe once or twice a month max the past half year? That said, a little bit more contrast fades do well with the OAXX fabric since it's a bit more subtle in nature I think. These'll be my pair for a while yet though, maybe for at least until through next summer if not 2 years total as I'm trying to reach grail status with these lol

Thanks, everybody, especially for first telling me about this brand! As you guys have pointed out, the contrast on this denim tends to come out fairly subtle. I think it's because the darkness of the untouched indigo fades more than most with time and washes (it already looks noticeably more of a royal blue than an indigo), while there's enough graininess and dye penetration that you don't get very light patches even in higher-wear areas.

Also, I spy some of my favourite books behind the jeans and would plus rep you again for those if I could! 

Heh, lemme guess: The Feminine Mystique? ;)

I think it would be very nice if Ooe would offer/develop rather new denim. A touch heavier 14-14,5oz but notably rougher/stiffer than the OA denim. Maybe even a bit darker.

Not that I think the NOS OA denim is bad or nothing new but I doubt it will change the feel of the denim much.

Or in other words: Ooe should make a new denim so I/we have an excuse to buy another pair ;)

Agree Tilmann, I'd love to see a slightly heavier Ooe denim (this sort of reminds me of the difference between Fullcount's flagship denim and their heavier XX).

I wonder if Ryo and Hiro read posts on this forum.  They're probably too busy making jeans!

I would also be interested in a heavier denim, not by a whole lot though. The OA fabric is great, one of my favorites. But it would be nice to have a darker denim at around 14.5 or 15 oz., I would definitely buy a pair!

aside from my pair not fitting as well as they used to, I never found the denim to be that interesting.  yea, i didnt get that far with them, but the fact that they were so soft in their raw state just seemed odd to me.  construction-wise, they are beautiful, very well executed.  But I admittedly like rough, odd denim like sugarcane's 50/50 cotton sugarcane and the irregularities it has.  even the TCB denim starts to show its irregularity the more they fade.  so yea I wouldnt mind a newly designed denim from OOE.  maybe something a touch heavier (not by much!) with more character (slubs, chatter etc...)