Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I think it is the same 1947 cut, but with a lighter 12oz denim.

Hmmm...based on these measurements, it looks like the 47 Type 2 has lower front and back rise as well as slightly smaller leg opening.

1947: http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rakuten.co.jp%2Fot-emens%2F132999%2F133000%2F133786%2F&sl=ja&tl=en

1947 Type 2:

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rakuten.co.jp%2Fot-emens%2F132999%2F133000%2F1957652%2F&sl=ja&tl=en

interesting. i was browsing around, and i found some raw okinawas. theyre a 34 inseam. So, a one- wash has a longer inseam ( at 33) than raw okinawas soaked??

and why does everyone want okinawas instead of hawaiis?? I was thinking about getting hawaiis but it seems like okinawas are the craze.

Guest devil.beside.you
you wear jeans to do p90? shit i would sweat enough in shorts when i was doing p90. i cant imagine how hot you get

i do it with abripper x, plyo and kenpo. KILLER trust me - i did it cuz i wanted some extra resistance, and my okis give me enough room to do that

are the 1947 type 2 12oz one wash or raw? judging by the waist measurements they look to be raw.

Depends on which website you're looking at for measurements. Just look at the model number. The "A" after the model number, eg SC42009-A, designates one wash. H designates hard wash. No letter after designates raw.

Reading through this thread it sounds like Canes are slow to fade and wear. How is the indigo loss when worn raw? I'd like to get a pair of size 38 1947 and stretch them out some before soaking. But, I can't be leaving blue all over the place. Recently handeled a pair of Full Cout 1108Cs and in two seconds my hands were all blue. Returned them for a pair of 0105Cs, and didn't have that problem raw or after I washed them. Yes, the soap suds turn blue when I was my hands, but hands aren't visably blue, and I'm not leaving indigo all over the place (at least that can be seen).

Guest devil.beside.you
Reading through this thread it sounds like Canes are slow to fade and wear. How is the indigo loss when worn raw? I'd like to get a pair of size 38 1947 and stretch them out some before soaking. But, I can't be leaving blue all over the place. Recently handeled a pair of Full Cout 1108Cs and in two seconds my hands were all blue. Returned them for a pair of 0105Cs, and didn't have that problem raw or after I washed them. Yes, the soap suds turn blue when I was my hands, but hands aren't visably blue, and I'm not leaving indigo all over the place (at least that can be seen).

It's debatable, but it really depends on how you wear your sugarcanes, from my experience. I've had two pairs of canes now, the hawaiis and my rainbow weft okinawas. I've found that my okis have faded much quicker than my hawaiis, and I'm going to attribute that to the fact that I wear my oki's a lot tighter than I ever wore my hawaiis. Denim fades because of many factors, but places where the denim comes into contact with other parts of the denim on a consistant basis fade the quickest - for example, your inner thighs! It seems to me that the tighter the denim, the quicker the fades...in my experience of course! I'm sure other people will have some better explanation, but this is what I can offer you at this point.

The cut of most sugarcanes are kinda of anti-fit...so maybe that's why it may seem they take longer to fade. You can look at my above post with pics...for 1.5 - 2 months of wear, that is not slow at all.

Bottom line: Canes are durable and fantastic, and a product you'll be happy with in every way

I'm not worried about how long they take to fade, I just don't want to get blue all over the place if I wear them raw.

it shouldnt get blue everywhere unless your sitting on white couches and rubbing vigorously.

and btw, how is the difference in fading from hawaiis and okinawas?? hawaiis are more streaky than okinawas?? thats what ive seen from pics. anything else??