Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I hate to ask a fit question, but I've read so many pages my eyes are crossed.

I'm considering the Oki in size 31. According to measurements posted by SE..verified by the seller....the thigh is roughly going to be 11.6". I measured my PBJ 007's and they are 11.5"...and pretty tight on me. All the pics and things that i've read show the Okis to be loose and relaxed. Do I need to worry about the 11.6"??

Thank you for your help!

I saw that, too...but the measurements that the seller is giving me match those of SE. I'm not sure why there is such a huge difference in sizing between the two sites???

No. Thigh measurements on SCs can be misleading because they don't take into account all the excess denim in the back due to the anti-fit seat.

This is my first pair of SC..I'm hoping that i can fill out that seat..lol. My thighs will definitely fill the legs. I've pretty much talked myself into the size 31's.

aprx. 6 months, 2 soaks flikr

3197519706_b5db94f8be.jpg?v=1231963149

3196680203_4c56ef0a62.jpg?v=1231963101

This was my first model of jeans. After my first pair got stolen, I've put more effort into these. I forgot they were lht until I compared them to my 811s. The koi in the back pocket protect the denim from being eaten through by my wallet. I love these jeans.

These are size 31 and stretch out a bit. I wouldn't worry too much about the thigh's being tight, esp if you have the 007s.

^thanks scoki! I was a little concerned about my wallet eating thru the back pocket. it didn't take long before a hole started in my 007's. By looking at your pics..do you have a wallet that has a coin or something as a snap? the back pocket lining protects the denim...no damage to the lining??

on edit: those are looking great btw!!

By looking at your pics..do you have a wallet that has a coin or something as a snap? the back pocket lining protects the denim...no damage to the lining??

DSC05059.jpgDSC00735.jpg?t=1231965239

Yeah, I have a KC wallet with a snap that gives the pockets heavier wear. As you can see, I had to patch up my 811s and resew the pocket. I personally like the way it looks. The lining inside the pocket of the okinawa's will protect it for a bit but not forever. Mine are still holding up just fine.

aprx. 6 months, 2 soaks flikr

3197519706_b5db94f8be.jpg?v=1231963149

3196680203_4c56ef0a62.jpg?v=1231963101

This was my first model of jeans. After my first pair got stolen, I've put more effort into these. I forgot they were lht until I compared them to my 811s. The koi in the back pocket protect the denim from being eaten through by my wallet. I love these jeans.

These are size 31 and stretch out a bit. I wouldn't worry too much about the thigh's being tight, esp if you have the 007s.

howd your first pair get stolen !? wth ? i imagine it like one of those levi's commercials where your hanging it outside and someone comes along and jacks that shit.

They will still be HUGE in the top block...IMO they need to stay as is. Take a look at the 66 model though, they have a smaller leg opening.

Not all of the denim is made with sugar cane...only certain models. If you want a slim fit jean from sugar cane check out the colab models at selfedge, there's one made of okinawas and one of the 1955 denim. I don't know if they are tapered but they probably have measurements.

• 2 weeks later...