Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I own the only pair that was sent to the US....

Well, do I feel special, then... Would I be the only European owning a pair?

I'm guessing yes if you had bought it from Japan because i don't think any of the EU dealers ordered it.

I have no pictures of myself wearing them. But you find a couple pics of 40ozprophet wearing them on page 86 of this thread. They fit nicely, a bit roomy in the thigh, but, as 40Oz says, not too much hip flare going on (on me a little more than on him). It is a repro cut ('47 cut I believe) after all.

I haven't noticed much fading yet, but I don't wear them very often. I have the one wash version, there seems to be a raw version as well, but that one is really hard to get. Mil-mil.net had the raw pair on their site, but when I ordered them, they were out of those. Even though they don't get that much wear, I really, really like them.

Hope this helps!

would i need to soak the 1947 and 1955(both raw) before wearing them? and hot much shrinkage should i expect?

II would soak them before wearing. The 47's shrink down to the listed size, but also strech out pretty quickly.

Hello Denim Heads,

Just a reminder that we do phone orders at Chucks Vintage for sugar canes. I carry the 1947,bootcuts,okinawas and the 1966 all in one wash. Let me knoe if you have any questions. Get yourself an early Christmas present.

Madeline

I found two sizing charts for the Okinawas but they are off by almost 2 inches from each other, if I want a relaxed fit should I get my true size or two sizes up?

Use our sizing chart, we measure the jeans ourselves when they come into our stock:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=189

Um, measure your waist, convert it to 'cm' and follow Rakuten chart? Shouldn't be that hard. Size down one or two since most Sugarcane is one wash. etcetc...

but sugarcane sizes about an inch smaller in general. size 31 okis measure 30 brand new but can stretch 1-2 inches so take that for what its worth when considering sizing down

but sugarcane sizes about an inch smaller in general. size 31 okis measure 30 brand new but can stretch 1-2 inches so take that for what its worth when considering sizing down

I wanted to get my true size because I wanted more of a relaxed fit as oppposed to a slim fit, which would be a 34, but I don't know if I should get a 34 or a 36 now. According to rakuten a tagged 36 is a 36, but selfedge has the 36 at 34.5. :confused: