Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

So Kiya,

From your post above you say that anything from Toyo marked Made in Japan is Made in Japan. Is there the case where the garment may be marked made in China? At least from what you know? Totally not trying to be a dick here, just wondering if Toyo manufactures anything in China (garment-wise),

I've seen things which are made in China (and have China tags) by Toyo, Not really anything i from Sugar Cane but i've seen things by Tailor Toyo and maybe Sun Surf and Indian Motorcycle.

keep in mind guys, by international trade law, a garment is "made in" the country which which ships it out to wholesalers. So if you assemble your jeans to 95% completion in China and then ship them to Japan to sew on the back pocket design then legally you can say that they are "made in japan." :)

^which kind of makes me feel like an ass for buying a pair of jeans with denim made in Japan, assembled in the US, purchased from a shop in Japan to be shipped back to the US. Talk about a waste of resources. But what the hell... I love them jeans.

I have also felt a little guilty at times for the "carbon footprint" of my jeans. I was in Japan a few years back talking with the owner of Corefighter clothing company and he put it well when he said "American style is great, and Japanese style is great, but combined it is the best!"

No love for the SC 2009's around here huh? I searched this forum and all forums, looked thru like a hundred pages before I gave up. Anyone have some pics or thoughts on them? 12 oz mixed Texas/Zimbabwe denim I believe?

I tried them on at SENY was thinkin of pickin em up to have for some solid summer jeans. They were pretty nice lookin, good, slimmish, more modern cut for SC . . .

I've been wearing mine for about month now and they're great. Definitely a slim cut but not at all skinny, and the rise is about an inch shorter than the 47s. Exactly what I'd been looking for, simple classic styling with a contemporary fit. I know I'm responding quite a bit after the fact, but I just joined SF and I'll post some fit pics soon.

That was Revolve. If someone is trying to get you to price match something that they no longer have in stock, I wouldn't say that is much of a reason to drop the price on yours. Unless you really want to sell them.

That was Revolve. If someone is trying to get you to price match something that they no longer have in stock, I wouldn't say that is much of a reason to drop the price on yours. Unless you really want to sell them.

thanks. i have no intention of dropping the price that low. i've already knocked $30 off what you'd pay if you decidied to get a pair from most places.

^Nice. I always liked the recycled jeans, but they are too short for me. What I really want and am fighting all urges to actually buy right now...

img10391776062.jpeg

sweet recycle jeans. went TTS 30. i wish they made a 29 but only make even sizes. not sure im sold on the overall fit. looser than what im use to maybe. suggestions please.

raw fit

sweetrawfit.jpg

hot wash

img0607v.jpg

post wash and dryer fit

sweetsoakfit.jpg

yea i remember you were talking about those a while back. DO IT

I am tempted, but I'm only 1.5 months into my MFSC jeans, and I have another pair I have relegated to renovation work so they get some wear. Maybe if I sell a bunch of card cases....

I could never get into the one back pocket jeans. They nice thou!

The way I see it, they are a repro of the Levis 1880 Knappave jeans, in sizing that would actually fit me, and a denim that is, in my opinion, way more interesting.

I can't seem to figure out the difference between Hawaiis and Okinawas aside from the pocket stitching and patch. Both 14.25 oz 50/50 cotton/sugarcane denim using the 1947 cut. Could somebody enlighten me?

The two denims are totally different. Oki is a darker indigo, with more slub, and the Hawaii is a brighter indigo, with a little more even weave. The Hawaii tends to fade a little faster, in my experience.

I've heard the rainbow okis are RHT, but I can't recall entirely. Otherwise, yeah, Okinawa denim is LHT.