Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Well I'm hoping the powers that be could help me out with this one.. 8 months in, and my button completely rusted through. Just fell off when I was putting them on this morning. Just e-mailed Yuichi-san at Kaizoku Pirates to see if he knows anything about Samurai repairs.

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

@saintkeat

Man! Thats some serious corrosion going on....

Hopefully you can get some new button to replace it.

it is normal....the buttons are pure iron....salt from sweat and often wash are the reason.

samuray don´t use stainless steel;-)

Edited by alexx1976

Hello and Greetings for all Superfuture'rians here,

i'm from Malaysia and i love this forum so much.

lots of info about denim.

i took nearly 1 week to go through all over this topic :) . and of course, the actual pics really make my jaw dropped!

and the info about jeans care and washing methods really helps me.

i just need help from you guys about right size and cutting for me.

i'm waiting for my order from Japan, brand new S3000VX, 36".

i'm not sure about right size for me, but manual measurement by measuring tape is 36".

here is my stats 178cm, 72kg.

i want a straight cut jeans not baggy.

what should i do when first i recieved the jeans? should i wear it, soak it first or wash them?

is my choice and decision is right? i afraid my decision will make me bang my head to wall :D ...

*my previous Levis 501 (made in Indonesia) measure 38" (manual measure) but on tag show 36", i'm confuse.

I am so happy to received my Sammy S3000VX today. Unfortunately after i try them, it seem to big for me. Bit frustrated for wrong sizing. The waist looks like a gap about 2 1/2 inch free. And the butt was so big for me. Thinking to sell it back and get another 34' soon.

I don't know maybe you guys can help or advise me if any.

Tq.

3000s came in black at one point as well. Not sure if they're still around, and not the cut you're after.

Also some boot cuts that only people in Japan bought.

hollows is right. maybe you can get the s5000bkb that offers a black weft and a black warp but there aren't really more options

Thanks, guys. Thinking I might e-mail Gordon to see what my is/may be available in the near future then.

are you looking for black yarn-dyed that fades like the indigos or the "no-fades" [ie, no contrast, dyed-to-the-core warp+weft, fade to grey like most black twills]?

PBJs got slim-cut NC-011 & 013 "no-fade" blacks that might interest you.

Thanks, dude...saw the PBJ 013, but def looking for something that will fade as the Sami rep for nice fades.

Anyone who miss sized and has a size 28 5000vx in the 21oz, 24oz or other denim want to trade me for my size 29 24oz beasts hemed and chain stitched to a 33 raw inseam (soaked twice now a 32" inseam)? Pm me!

This is what they looked like on me after the first warm soak when I was weighing a little more. Been sitting in my closet after their second soak since they are just too big for me :C

3EmVil.jpgdqRvel.jpg

Edited by Rightyow77

Do you just put them back on after cleaning? I find that the combs never align this way. What I do is I spray with some starch to harden the area and pinch in the creases along the old comb fades first before wearing the jeans. Don't worry, I"m not trying to reform the combs this way, your legs will do it naturally once you finally do slip on the jeans after doing this. This is just to get the folds in the right orientation at least because sometimes wearing the jeans after a wash inverts the folds (what was out goes in and vice versa). Once the creases are at least pointing in the right direction because you've done this, go ahead and put the jeans on. Immediately your natural form and shape will cause the creases to set in again the way it was before.

BF are those 710s? The contrast on those whiskers is exquisite!

Regarding your hc dilemma..

Why not try a little starch (as was already suggested) but instead of creasing the by hand, also spray a little bit of water behind the knee (while wearing them) and allow the whiskers to settle naturally?

My two cents anyways regardless you cant really go wrong, the denim on these is amazing. (assuming they are 710 are these in the 19oz or 17oz? I know the latter of the two was a limited run.)

^^^^Nice Sammies Beautifull Freak although the combs are not so clearly formed from washing.

With my stuff kept away from water all the time I never have troubles receiving strong 3 D honeycombs . And I also never lost a rusted button or rivet so far.

BTW your Sammies collection is incredible, after I have seen your Denime collection too, this is amazing!!!!

Hey Reudi, new to the scene, but just a suggestion.... We know everyone's jeans can live for eternity in the Jeans Museum. You post it every third or fourth time on Superfuture. I def appreciate your posts and input... But you are whoring your museum pretty hard. Put it in your sig?? I'm just saying, we know you don't wash your shit.

is more shrinkage the culprit for them not lining up?

I soakes them and let them 100% dry, then wore them. I hoped the combs would aligne better (has worked on other jeans so far) as I hoped the creases were "sharp" enough. but oh well. thanks for the trick, might try this with another pair.

unless the combs have set in permanently before a soak or wash creases will move or form new sets. even if the main combs had set in new "veins" will be popping up cuz the denim is in a constant flux.__ not only will the legs be shrinking bit by bit [vertically], they will also be twisting progressively to the side each time they're washed, until the fabric settles/stabilizes down the line

... but IMO the beauty of the combs are it's 3-D multi-lattice work.

anyway, if you want to keep the [initial] comb pattern in place longer, you need to soak in them in the tub__ knees bent__ & keep 'em on till they dry. downside is, knee bulges. but, that can be fixed by steaming the bulge.

btw, re-introducing starch on the comb areas will help keep them crisp__ spritz/spray of water [when the crispness wears off] will reactivate the starch once it dries.

Edited by BrownMetallic

^sorry for bothering you too much with my raw denim adictness

black lht...yeah why not? that's surely something you won't see that fast again! :)

I would be way too excited if that happened

black lht on a 500 cut would also be so good

SOLD!

if there's 1 person in this thread, right now, that has the influence to make [this] happen__ that 'd be the Samurai Master himself, Mr. T ;)

love your input Carl, thx! and no, I don't have any influence for such a jeans to happen :D

@rightyow77: by starching and wetting the jeans while wearing you create a lot of sharp and narrow combs. the result is totally different to the result you get when you first wear the jeans after they have dried. So in my eyes it doesn't lead to natural combs but to some artificial ones. but of course, it helps to keep them in state and your chances for sick comb fades are better.