Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Firstly i would like to say Hi to everyone here at Superfuture! Hi!

Could anyone help me with sizing on 710xx's I'm a 30 waist (Current jeans that fit measure 15" across the WAIS band) and want them to fit as skinny as possible, an am wondering what size you guys would recommend? I do plan on hot soaking them initially so there should be 4-6% shrinkage? Will this the stretch back out?

Any help would be appreciated!

Jord

If you have slim thighs, you could size down 1 to a size 29. My size 33 710xx's have stretched to a 35" waist. I generally ignore the waist measurement and buy based on the thigh measurement, since the waistband of most jeans will stretch 1-2".

@maxpower, honeycombs should be up to your usual high standard in no time mate!

Can you give me a comparison between the Samurai and Iron Heart 21oz denims?

Thanks Mate. Well yes, the Iron heart Denim feels softer and a bit more breathable, and, in fact, appears to be a tiny bit heavier (could be wrong though). The Samurai Denim needs time to soften up. Both are pretty equal in weft, as often seen heavier denim is less slubby. So, compared to the 19 oz 710 denim, the 21oz VX denim is way more regular. it also appears a bit lighter than usual denims, maybe its because of the weft, you can see more of the white yarn.

^^Regarding the sizing: I'd not size down on 710s, if you're a 30" in your best fitting jeans, pick those 710, that measure just about 31", soak hot and you're good.

I just got a pair of 710s in a sz. 30. Quite tight when I tried them on raw, but I figured that being a girl I can get away with some tightness and decided to keep them. The weight and stiffness also made them feel tighter than they actually were according to measurements.

I soaked twice, the last time while wearing them. The thighs now measure a little less than 11.4" and I think there's some shrinkage left still. Again, it's not comparable since the female form is different, but my waist is 28" and I measure about 31.5" around the point where these jeans hit, and there's absolutely no way I could have sized down on account of my thighs and hips.

Edit/additional info: After three days of wear the waist and top block have loosened up quite a bit and I can wear the jeans a little lower (half an inch, maybe), which means there's a little more room (or the impression of a little more room) in the upper thigh.

Edited by birgitte

If my current slimmest denims are measuring 11.5 and are Completley hugging my leg will these be too tight after a soak? I'm wondering weathe to size down on a pair of s5000vx instead?

What you guys recommend?

Based on my experience with just this one pair I would say yes, the 710s will be too tight after soaking.

Cheers Guys! I spoke to the Guys at BiG and decided to go for the S5000VX in 21oz, I have wanted this cut for a while also and decided it would be my best option, I web for a size 29 (31.75" waist) and plan on hot soaking them to get the full 2" shrinkage out of them and hope they stretch back out 1", fingers crossed :)

Congrats Max for your second place on the last Hall of Fade contest with your great Sammies!!!!

You're a truly great and fast honey comb builder and master with strong 3-D honeycombs and everything just at the right place

http://halloffade.com/dry-vs-dry-2012-self-edge-winner/

Thanks Mate. Well yes, the Iron heart Denim feels softer and a bit more breathable, and, in fact, appears to be a tiny bit heavier (could be wrong though). The Samurai Denim needs time to soften up. Both are pretty equal in weft, as often seen heavier denim is less slubby. So, compared to the 19 oz 710 denim, the 21oz VX denim is way more regular. it also appears a bit lighter than usual

Thanks Max, good info.

Regarding S5000VX, i went tts tag size 34, same as my Eternals, Iron Hearts, Flat Heads, etc and they have turned out perhaps a 1/4" too big, but i like it like that. Possibly my most comfortable 'go to' pair of jeans now.

Edit: My S5000VX are 17oz. Cant comment on 21oz sorry.

Edited by Mild7

S0610LX is getting released in 17oz denim...looking interesting:

http://www.samurai-j.com/lineup/jeans/s610lx17oz/index.html

How low is the front for this cut in reality - it reads like it is even lower than the previous Wrangler/Jin model (S0210XJ) - anybody out there with 1st hand experience?

Edited by Foxy2

S0610LX is getting released in 17oz denim...looking interesting:

http://www.samurai-j...17oz/index.html

How low is the front for this cut in reality - it reads like it is even lower than the previous Wrangler/Jin model (S0210XJ) - anybody out there with 1st hand experience?

it's a unisex cut__ Samurai's slimmest

comparable to the Yamato 003jp

If it is supposed to be a unisex cut things would make a bit more sense.

Otherwise, the front rise would be way too low to have any appeal...

Still, I wonder if I actually could rock such a low front rise in real life?

Thank you! And also congrats to Ruedis second place in tuckshops selection!

Regarding the low rise - it's the first measurement I look at, as it decides wether I will buy a pair of jeans or not. Maybe its because I'm rather tall, but I can't stand rises below 11" / 15", it just feels uncomfortabl when walking and sitting. My FC 1653 is not wearable for me because of that.

I always wonder where that trend came from, if it's a relict of 70s bellbotttoms that sat on the hips or of girls jeans that were bought by men to get a slim cut. Anyway, I'd love to see more silhouettes like the 710, that feautre a normal rise and slimmmed down legs.

Edited by Max Power

Agree - but I have to point out that S0210XJ with around 10" works just fine with me.

The fact that they state 9" for S0610.. Made me wonder. I guess I will give them a try when I'm at BIG next time if just out of curiosity.

The only reason I looked into this is the fact that the first pics of the new 17oz denim looked so intriguing...

so does my 110XJs. i've tried various cuts through the years__ 10 is about the lowest i'd go for slims, 12 for repros/near repros [don't have the approriate body structure for 13 & up], but around 11 is the best for me.

i toyed around lowrise fits before. the Diesels, G-Stars, etc in the distant past__ tried Somets ... even copped BiG's sample cut of SD 105 lowrise with a 9" postsoak. aesthetically, lowrise look more sleek & smart & updated [even drapes well on my body frame, w/c long & on the more lean-side]. if i'm just gonna ramp it up or be on my toes like a mannequin the entire time i'm in them, that's swell.

... but, i decided i don't need to cover that end of the denim jeans spectrum ... i'm going to leave that to the younger folks.

Edited by BrownMetallic

dunno about the accuracy on that. i tried the 2008 prodn on when they 1st came out @BiG & [iirc] the 32s had under 10" rise already, raw. hence, i took the Yamato 001jp instead.

Are you talking raw or post-wash measurements there BM?

post soak/wash.

edit:

if you were asking about the SD105, in particular, BiG had a 1-of-a-kind [prototype] lowrise 105 w/c i bought, but coudnt stand the 9" rise, so i sold em & got the regular prodn 105s with a 10" post-wash rise.

sd105c.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

I'm 5'6, thinking about hemming and tapering my s710xx's. Has anyone just left the long inseam and worn the denim? Pics? Not sure if hemming and tapering is necessary that's why...

Edited by hong