Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

for a big thigh person going for the s003, try and make sure the thigh fits nicely after soak or before soak? I heard they stretch back out to presoak measurements if tight like all raws right?

right now deciding between 33 and 34 for the s003jp-a

thanks all!

If you have a big thigh, why would you go for the S003JP-A?

You're better off with the 710 unless your intention is to achieve an almost skinny-like fit.

Always make sure you have plenty of breathing room around your thighs before soak. It'll shrink right down.

If you still decide to push ahead with the yamato cut, go true to size or even go up a size if you feel your thighs are larger. True to size would give you a very fitted look, but it might be a little too fitted depending on your body shape.

Please excuse the newbie request (I actually had an account here before, but I have forgotten the password and disabled the email connected to it long time ago) but could anyone with lot 14 S710XX in a size 30 provide some post-soak (and preferably post-several washes) measurements of the thigh?

I have searched the thread without result. I have rather athletic thighs and I'm afraid I just bought a pair of jeans that are too snug in that area... Got caught up in the moment. Oh, well.

Thanks!

Edit: Don't worry, just found the measurements below from earlier this year. Ooooops, looks like I might be in trouble here. 11.2 can work, but the thighs will be skin tight and I'm not sure that's the look I'm going for with these.

Seems to me like a lot of shrinkage from a pre-soak measurement of 11.75 (according to BiG), after just one hot soak?

img0870lo.jpgimg0875f.jpg

img0873b.jpgimg0876z.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pics. these are post soak pics of s710xx size 30 after a days of wear. i am glad b_f & rosenkreuz told me to size down 2 on my previous size 32 (fit pics looked horrible) :D

no pre soak pics or measurements, sorry! :blush: i soaked them for over an hour with hot water.

*post soak measurements ( 1 day of wear)

Waist 30

Front rise 10.6

Back rise 14.2

Upper thigh 11.2

Knee 8.5

Leg opening 7.7

Inseam 37.4

Edited by birgitte

b_F, really beautiful images, especially the needle in the 2nd pic. + Rep.

someone had to say it!

Spidereye, looking really good, if not a bit dirty & stinky ;)

Edited by Mild7

Start of the 9th month Update:

S003JP-A.

Samurai has offered to fix my button for an inexpensive fee. However, I may decide I'd rather have something different tacked on from Son of a Stag in London. It might be an interesting touch. I did find a couple more holes in my crotch. This pair seems to be disintegrating before the 1st year mark.

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

^^ fast evo on them saintkeat.

^^^^^^^and yeah, amazing pics of your needle work B_F, congrats!!!

someone had to say it!

someone had to say it!

someone had to say it!

Already get used to it. ;)

Edited by spidereye

8.5 months into my 710s and Im a little disappointed(my fault). Im a really short guy, and I got them hemmed to a 32, when I really should have gotten them hemmed a few more inches. I thought the stacks would settle out a bit, but they havent, they just out weirdly. I think if I get them hemmed now though, my honey combs would be oddly low and not where they should be. Thinking about giving them a really hot soak to try to get some shrinkage out of them, and if I need to get them hemmed again.

Pics arent very good also, taken inside with flash.

330vaxu_th.jpg

dpiag1_th.jpg

2u43eja_th.jpg

EDIT: Size 28 for reference, smallest they have and from the knee down they still look kinda baggy

Edited by Martybear