Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Hey guys, does anyone know how soft the 17oz denim gets? I'm just starting to wear my s003jp17oz-l and it's pretty rough. Almost like sandpaper haha. My knees are scrapping! Haha. I can handle it since I love the pair, but I was just wondering :)

Hello and Greetings for all Superfuture'rians here,

i'm from Malaysia and i love this forum so much.

lots of info about denim.

i took nearly 1 week to go through all over this topic :) . and of course, the actual pics really make my jaw dropped!

and the info about jeans care and washing methods really helps me.

i just need help from you guys about right size and cutting for me.

i'm waiting for my order from Japan, brand new S3000VX, 36".

i'm not sure about right size for me, but manual measurement by measuring tape is 36".

here is my stats 178cm, 72kg.

i want a straight cut jeans not baggy.

what should i do when first i recieved the jeans? should i wear it, soak it first or wash them?

is my choice and decision is right? i afraid my decision will make me bang my head to wall :D ...

*my previous Levis 501 (made in Indonesia) measure 38" (manual measure) but on tag show 36", i'm confuse.

Edited by supernatural

Thanks, I'll look at the S003JP's too. I think I'm going to keep this pair regardless. I wanted a Black and an Indigo pair to start with so, I think these will be the black jeans in rotation. I can try and find a slimmer fit in the Indigo pair if the FH 3009 don't work out.

Thanks!

Did you try the FH3001? I had a pair a while back and they are on the slim side similar to a Momo 701

I'm about to try my first soak ever (I just bought my first 2 pairs of Raw Denim recently). I'm going to be doing my s710BK II's. I was looking at the soaking info in b_F's Samurai Fit Guide, but I had a few questions.

After the first soak, do you then wash the jeans as well? Or is the Wash Section supposed to be separate from the Soak Section?

It looks like the washing is done with a washing machine ... is a front load washer OK to use? I assume so, but I don't want to take a chance with such expensive jeans.

I was planning on doing a warm to hot soak in my bathtub... It seems simple enough. Any tips a complete beginner might find useful?

Looking at black Sami's for my next pair of raw denim and thinking of trying a more tapered cut relative to what I've worn before (APC NS and Somet 003s), so leaning toward the 710.

Looks like the BKII and Black Shadow are my only options generally in the 710 in black. I wear a 34 in the NS and 33 in 003s, so leaning toward a 36 (tts) in the 710.

BiG has the BKII in 36, but not the Black Shadow. Don't see any other 710 offerings either on the Sami website or Rakuten--any place else I'd be able to get the 710s in black and/or any other cuts I should be looking at? Also, any sense that there'll be new 710 offerings in the new future?

^big is your only source for these. if new black versions of the 710 are planned, i can not tell. they are not in their upcoming fall/winter collection. but maybe there is a collanb coming out in the future but that is most of the time a surprise and can't be predecited.

@Marti-Mar: just soak in a tub or bucket, then hang dry. after you know how much they shrank you might consider a second soak if the shrinkage wasn't enough. if you need a lot of shrinkage, then a hot wash without detergent in a machine is a good solution. a front loader is ok. just make sure it washes gently!

there are a lot of guys how swear by machine wash instead of soaking with no harm to the jeans. I don't do it because my washing machine is quite harsh and the two times I washed jeans for initial shrinkage, I got faded spots on them.

@marti-mar. The last few pairs of raws, 710 and lvc 1955 I put them in the cheap machine inside out at the laundry mat on the coldest cycle all the way through including spin. The 710s I did twice and didn't see much more shrinkage. I like the leg twists, yee.

Hi,

I'm looking for a straight fit pair in medium weight, 17oz max. It seems both the 5000vx and the 0510xx would fit the bill. I don't know perhaps also the 3000vx; they seem to have a higher rise.

I have stronger thighs so with a number of pants I own the waist fits very well but the thighs tend to get quite tight. I guess I have to thank the front and back squats for that.

Which one would you guys recommend?

Edited by indigoeagle

For instance I have the Tellason John Graham Mellor in 32. Sure, they are a slim fit. But for one I'm not too happy with that style anymore and the thighs are just too tight.

The waist of the pants that measure 33 is very good, but the thighs at 24 (or 12 halfway) are too slim for me.

What are the main differences of the three pairs?

s510 is more of a classical Levi's 501 '50s cut. so higher rise, more room in the seat and thighs and a little taper. available in 15oz, 19oz and 21oz (and was available in 24oz)

s5000 has a lower rise and sit on your hips. the leg is straight. sometimes considered as Samurai's Levi's 66 interpretation. available in 17oz and 21oz.

s3000 is a Levi's 501 '44 WWII inspired cut with all those world war 2 jeans details. the rise is higher than and the legs are straight.

you'll find more information on the first page of this thread or check my signature with the Samurai fit guide.

I'm thinking about buying a pair of s710xx's, which would be my first pair of unsanforized denim. Wondering what size to get if my true waist size is a 30, I'm 5'5, 135. I'm currently wearing nc's and I want a looser fit. Thanks..

s510 is more of a classical Levi's 501 '50s cut. so higher rise, more room in the seat and thighs and a little taper. available in 15oz, 19oz and 21oz (and was available in 24oz)

s5000 has a lower rise and sit on your hips. the leg is straight. sometimes considered as Samurai's Levi's 66 interpretation. available in 17oz and 21oz.

s3000 is a Levi's 501 '44 WWII inspired cut with all those world war 2 jeans details. the rise is higher than and the legs are straight.

you'll find more information on the first page of this thread or check my signature with the Samurai fit guide.

Thanks for the distilled info.

I had perused your post and also about twenty pages or so of this thread. I was just overwhelmed by the info and also not sure about the finer differences in the above mentioned styles.

Thanks for the distilled info.

I had perused your post and also about twenty pages or so of this thread. I was just overwhelmed by the info and also not sure about the finer differences in the above mentioned styles.

I have pretty big thighs also (can't do 501 stf or APC rescues, etc...) and I have both the 510(19oz) and the 5000 (both sz 34). The 510 is probably the most comfortable pair of jeans I could ask for, but it's a relaxed look from the knee down. The high rise is awesome. They are some bad ass jeans- but they definitely don't have a SuFu fit. The 5000 feels much smaller and less comfortable, with the lower rise, but they are slicker. If I'm going out and want to look good, the 5000s it is. I also think the zero denim is more interesting, for what it's worth

Looking at black Sami's for my next pair of raw denim and thinking of trying a more tapered cut relative to what I've worn before (APC NS and Somet 003s), so leaning toward the 710.

Looks like the BKII and Black Shadow are my only options generally in the 710 in black. I wear a 34 in the NS and 33 in 003s, so leaning toward a 36 (tts) in the 710.

BiG has the BKII in 36, but not the Black Shadow. Don't see any other 710 offerings either on the Sami website or Rakuten--any place else I'd be able to get the 710s in black and/or any other cuts I should be looking at? Also, any sense that there'll be new 710 offerings in the new future?

^big is your only source for these. if new black versions of the 710 are planned, i can not tell. they are not in their upcoming fall/winter collection. but maybe there is a collanb coming out in the future but that is most of the time a surprise and can't be predecited.

Thanks...any other options for black Sami denim besides the 710 and 5000 then?

Thanks...any other options for black Sami denim besides the 710 and 5000 then?

are you looking for black yarn-dyed that fades like the indigos or the "no-fades" [ie, no contrast, dyed-to-the-core warp+weft, fade to grey like most black twills]?

PBJs got slim-cut NC-011 & 013 "no-fade" blacks that might interest you.

Edited by BrownMetallic

It seems like a few people are interested in Sammy BK denim... I remember Aho trying to get a custom pair off the ground for guys( don't really remember what happened with that) I wonder how do-able a custom batch, 35 pairs, through BIG would be???