Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I'm was gonna make a comment about how that's too many pairs of jeans for one person to own, but I decided it was better just to admit im jealous as fuck. Really great collection, though. Can't wait to see how some of them wear over the years. Those 710's look nice. Would love to get some fit pics

^^the point is ed is a collector with an awesome collection. What if we're witnessing the beginning of a japanese denim phenomenon? All his pairs are first runs that could be worth tons of $ at some point. I've bought and collected vinyl records are now worth some considerable dough, and just as people collect baseball cards, comic books or cabbage patch kids, ed collects clothing, and has a sick collection:cool:

Nah, I think its okay to collect things, unless it takes over your life and you have to take out a loan to support your habit. I think its cool that Edmond own all these jeans. If it makes him happy, why should I tell him how to spend his money. Some people have different criteria in regards to collecting jeans.

For instance, I have a 5000vx and bk just because they were my first pair of sammies and I love the straight leg fit. But then also I have a few Jin's and a 710 just cause the denim and fit were so different. The one jean I always come back to are the Evisu's 2000's no.1s. I get one every few years, 'cause I'm in love with the green indigo color and workwear fit.

i dont see why anyone would care if someone has a denim collection. people spend lots on different kinds of collections. its his hobby, its his money.

seriously get over it

Exactly.

How many of us have no problems spending 300$ night out in a town... Instead of lost brain cells you'd at least have a nice pair of jeans whether you need them or not. Seems like I rather lose my brain cells though.

Doesn't Kiya own like 300 pairs?

True, but the difference being Kiya has a varied collection amassed over many years. I don't see whats so great about going to Blue In Green or wherever and clearing the shelves of their Samurai stock.

Impressive to have that amount of disposable cash I suppose.

Cool collection, but wear them shits, yo!

^^ you think Kiya was handed his denim from the denim god? haha pshh obviously he bought them off shelves/racks too.

Yeah, but over the course of several years and not just one brand (i'm just guessing here). That, to me, makes for a more interesting and varied collection.

I could go to Classic Kicks, for example, and buy every shoe on display. Does that make for an interesting collection of shoes? In my eyes, no. But thats just me.

Fudge spending 300 in a night, I would rather have a nice pair of distressed JNCO selvage. I guess it is also obligatory for me to say nice collection!

Exactly.

How many of us have no problems spending 300$ night out in a town... Instead of lost brain cells you'd at least have a nice pair of jeans whether you need them or not. Seems like I rather lose my brain cells though.

over the course of 18 months is pretty fast. but hey, each to his own joy of life!

people collect cars, stamps, even rocks. i see nothing wrong with collecting jeans.

i myself collect antiques/ figurines that seem interesting or appealing to the eye.

I don't see whats so great about going to Blue In Green or wherever and clearing the shelves of their Samurai stock.

he didnt just go to NY to spend $2000+ on jeans - some one said theyre all first runs and, obviously they all have arcs. he probably spent some time on this... just a guess

he didnt just go to NY to spend $2000+ on jeans - some one said theyre all first runs and, obviously they all have arcs. he probably spent some time on this... just a guess

Yeah - 18 months. Like I said, anyone can do that.

Compare to someone like Paul T's collection and it seems a little soul-less to me.

Having the money to buy-in to a fad just doesn't impress me i'm afraid, be it music, clothing, whatever.

^^ collectors collect for themselves... If he/they collected to impress others like you, i'm sure his/their collection would be different, maybe even more "soul-less"

^^ collectors collect for themselves... If he/they collected to impress others like you, i'm sure his/their collection would be different, maybe even more "soul-less"

i dont agree with the guys consuming habits by any means. i think its kind of dumb honestly. kiyas collection too. no hate towards either, but i dont see much point in collecting any amount of anything more than what you can get your use out of.. if you just want something to take up space and look at buy a nice piece of art.

BUT to be fair, we was asked to post those photos by members here, so it didnt seem to me like outright, unprovoked showing off really..

god. please give me something worthwhile to say in this thread again. shits borrrrrrrrrrring. i havent seen gimmegimme 'round much either.

There is somewhat of a difference between Kiya and Paul T, and then Edmond. While Edmond was asked to post the pics of his "collection" I have the sinking suspicion that he was waiting and more than willing to show it off. Kiya isn't posting about how he bought these shoes and those jeans, nor does Paul T. They buy what they like and I have the feeling they have collections that have amassed over some time, in Paul Ts case decades. That ain't a fad. A fad is buying up as many jeans in 18 months, to make sure you get at least one pair before they go out of production. Hasn't edmond also talked about his SB Dunk days? When was the last time you bought some SB Dunks Eddie? To me, a good collection is a collection that gets worn. Not stored or displayed to never be used. Pokemon cards, baseball cards, etc. do not have a utility other than to collect them (Yeah I know you can play Pokemon, but that shit is dumb and nobody really wants to play it). Jeans have a utility, and that is to wear them. To buy them simply for fashion is to do a disservice to the people that created them. We prance around in our "work wear" but the biggest disservice we could do to the miners that originally wore Levis for work wear is to buy the same shit just for luxury. Shit is dumb.

But what ever. I would like to raid Edmond's house and take a pair for my next year of denim.