Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Guest youkinorn
nope, dont really wear my wallet (peacemaker) lately.. simply too much ass sweat.. but here we have had some chilly days lately so have been doing a lot in these lately..

on another note, the creases in the pocket lining also appear on mine, really defined on the left backpocket.. but i think this adds a little sumthin'sumthin..

yeah, I don't really mind the creases. I carry a little notebook in my left pocket and it mostly bunched up at the bottom of that. It bothered me a little at first but now, if anything, I kinda like it.

Huge question.

Has anyone tapered the whole leg on a pair of Samurai?

Results?

I just got the geishas and the thighs are huge!!! So I am wondering since the pair I have still have all arcs and tab if it would be worth it to take them in and see if they could tailor them to a slimmer leg.

I know not many ladies come in here, so gentlemen any help?

edit: i know deka has tapered his sammies... idk about whole leg though

so samurai doesnt violate the copyright infringements with the invisible stitching?!?

dope

Huge question.

Has anyone tapered the whole leg on a pair of Samurai?

Results?

I just got the geishas and the thighs are huge!!! So I am wondering since the pair I have still have all arcs and tab if it would be worth it to take them in and see if they could tailor them to a slimmer leg.

I know not many ladies come in here, so gentlemen any help?

Where did you get the Geishas from, I tried looking for my girlfriend but couldn't find any? Have you posted fit pics, wondering what these huge thighs look like?

Drew...I may have to pm him and see how his sams ended up after the tailor.

Photo I got them from another lady who has been holding on to them for awhile. From what I hear they are becoming harder and harder to come by. The ones I have where sent to her prior to the levis lawsuit and actually are first production geishas called SO510LXX they have grey selvage instead of pink.

I havent posted fit pics because they are ridiculously huge in the thighs for me. I can post a fit pic if you like, I am guessing if your girlfriend likes the repro levis style she would love the geisha. Kind of baggy and boyish in my opinion.

Let me find a pic..

On Edit*

I only have a few pics of them on, I can take different shots if you need to see fit at certain spots. I am rather curvy and was surprised these fit so boxy being a womens cut. ...Haha. I look like a boy right here. Anyhow do you think it is fixable? The thigh measures almost 11" and I usually would take a 10.2" or so and hate how the bottom hem looks almost bootcut..

For reference, I am about 5'5 120lbs.

dsc04342bg7.jpg

Not a problem, What angles? The side shot isnt bad but the front and back thigh area look crazy huge straight on. I will take some pics later and put them up. Then your girlfriend can take a look and see if she wants something that loose.

I personally havent tried any other samurai, these where my first. I have been on Skulls for awhile trying and playing around with those, I have had pretty good luck with mens slim fits. So something that is slim and lower would work for a lady. It is the rise and thighs that usually dont fit with the mens lines on us gals.

Chan these have been hot washed supposedly. They feel as if they have been softened by water as they are not cardboard stiff.

Do you think I should try a hot soak?

I hate to mess with them if it can not be fixed. I would rather get rid of them and find something slimmer.

i dont know if another wash will bring them in much more or even enough to your liking.

edit: looks like your hoping for .8 inch in the thigh, i dont think a hot wash/dryer will get you that much shrinkage.

^^ya that is what I was thinking as well. I am not sure I could get them slim enough. And I am not sure a tailor could do the kind of job I would need done on these. I would almost be scared to hand them over for that kind of tailoring.

Ohh Well.

Thanks guys!!!

intodeep - i remember reading that at least one or two guys here sent some Samurai's to Denim Doctor's / Hollywood Trading Company for a thigh-down taper. So I called 'em up, and now I just sent my PBJ XX-005s for the same thing. $45. He said they do a lot of them and it's no big deal, but what you're looking for is a little more severe than what I asked for. If I were you I'd just call them and ask: 323-964-0080. Good luck!

samurai s526xx II

over view

im not sure now that if these are made with texas cotton i tried comparing it to the s0500xx its quite different.. its less slubby and has a lighter color to it.. i mean way less slubby the slubbiness on these are almost like the standard samurai 15oz denim

the cut is like 55 type cutting with cinchback..

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

gold selvedge not a characteristic of texas cotton ( i may be wrong)

double peep..

zero denim button

_MG_0070.jpg

hmm now i know left hand texas cotton,,,,

Thank you so much CJbreed, that information is most helpful.

My fingers are crossed that they can help a gal out!!

photo thanks.

But I am worried that the baggieness of them will leave slim to no proper fading on them. And they actually came standard 34" inseam before hot wash.

i still don't understand why people thing baggy jeans don't fade. if anything, they have nicer, more interesting patterns than skin tight, straight across whiskers and combs.

I think they look perfect the way they are as well, but i can understand how you wouldn't want that fit for everyday

i still don't understand why people thing baggy jeans don't fade. if anything, they have nicer, more interesting patterns than skin tight, straight across whiskers and combs.

I think they look perfect the way they are as well, but i can understand how you wouldn't want that fit for everyday

I think this is true. I just got rid of a pair of tight jeans (kept one pair, Eternal x Bears) for a pair of a looser more vintage fit. We will see what happens. It has been said before: loose and confortable is the new tight and ball busting.

Ahh. I am surprised to hear people are liking a baggier fit especially on a gal. And I do sometimes wear raw denim looser. I have a pair of full selvage jeanshops that are looser and have to agree that the honeycomb's are not as nice or concentrated. It has taken me a long time to pull any signifigant indigo fades off of them because they are looser in the thighs and knees. And occasionally I do prefer a denim that is loose, but for these geishas they seem extra loose.

I can almost guarantee if you all saw me on the street in these you would be like holy shit that girl likes her jeans baggy... Hahaha..

But really I do understand what you are saying...Maybe I could give it a shot.

My fingers are crossed that they can help a gal out!!

Save yourself the time and effort. Give them to someone you know who appreciates denim or if you would like to trade, pm me.

Just tried to order a new pair direct from Samurai and Toshiko confirmed that they are no longer sending jeans to other countries due to the Levi's court case. Gutted. Are there any other stockists shipping to the UK? I know about BIG but are there any others? Thanks.

Just tried to order a new pair direct from Samurai and Toshiko confirmed that they are no longer sending jeans to other countries due to the Levi's court case. Gutted. Are there any other stockists shipping to the UK? I know about BIG but are there any others? Thanks.

you might wanna try proxies. not that much more expensive~