Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Dear Super-Sam Whores:

For future reference, please refrain from posting fit pics of your low-rise 610's if you have the any of the following issues:

-your gut hangs over the low-rise waistband

-your curly-q's are present in the photo

-rear-view pics require a "Don't do Crack" warning

-it will be clear to everyone what your religious beliefs are

-lubricants such as Crisco, Jergen's Hand Cream, or KY were used in the fitting of your jeans

-you are ugly

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Management

good point man, the rise on these is really low it seems. for reference, if those are pre-soak measurements, it is a full inch lower than the SEXFH05 in the same size, and about 2 inches lower than the 710...

Damn! I really like the S610LX. Any recommendations concerning sizing on texas cotton (shrinkage & stretching)?

i am of the opinion that the texas cotton doesn't shrink or stretch as much as the zero denim...

good point man, the rise on these is really low it seems. for reference, if those are pre-soak measurements, it is a full inch lower than the SEXFH05 in the same size

god DAMN. i just started working of my sexfh's and the rise is almost too low for me to handle. plus i feel like the crotch is bout to blow out like whoa.

the state: you should've stuck with the sams. you see, quality jeans are like half- backs in the NFL. you wont get a first down every rush, but if you give a feature back enough carries, he'll get his 100 yards some time in the 4th quarter. like i tell my madden protege' ''be patient with the running-back''. or like my arabic professor told me" its like a palace made of sugar, but if has an iron gate'' meaning, its hard to be patient at the beginning, but when youre in, youre into some good shit. i wouldnt even want a pair that made me excited about the fading in 4 months. you have to slow roast that chicken if you want it to fall off of the bone!!! from what ive heard, FH denim is tough to fade, so dont be suprised to find even less dramatic fading after four months...

Anyone think a simple coin laundry will do for soaking? Or should I just agitate the shit out of the jeans in a hot water bath tonight?

I don't mind if they're an inch or two too long anyhow.

Edit: I was just thinking about giving them a good soaking tonight, getting them hemmed by 1 inch tomorrow and then just give them a good night wearing out at a club during the evening before going back to the UK (because that's how I started with my canes, on a night out :D)

a good long hot soak should be sufficent, in the hotel bathtub. run the water as hot as possible, and chuck em' in the tub. easy! once the water gets tepid/cool, just pull the plug, let the water drain, and repeat as needed.

the state: you should've stuck with the sams. you see, quality jeans are like half- backs in the NFL. you wont get a first down every rush, but if you give a feature back enough carries, he'll get his 100 yards some time in the 4th quarter. like i tell my madden protege' ''be patient with the running-back''. or like my arabic professor told me" its like a palace made of sugar, but if has an iron gate'' meaning, its hard to be patient at the beginning, but when youre in, youre into some good shit. i wouldnt even want a pair that made me excited about the fading in 4 months. you have to slow roast that chicken if you want it to fall off of the bone!!! from what ive heard, FH denim is tough to fade, so dont be suprised to find even less dramatic fading after four months...

I like analogies too and everything but... damn.

Aye, that's what I've been doing.

The water was so hot, it's been on for 3 hours and well, about 2/3 of it has evapourated and I'm just refilling it now so most of it should be done by tomorrow night. He says.

i don't think you have to soak for more than 45 minutes on hot actually. there was some thread where kiya said any soaking past that amount of time wouldn't help the cotton fibers anymore.

i don't think you have to soak for more than 45 minutes on hot actually. there was some thread where kiya said any soaking past that amount of time wouldn't help the cotton fibers anymore.

From my experience, one single 45 minutes soak has never been enough.

Reposting, (And quoting myself, postmodernism rules)

This is something Kiya posted on another forum about soak times:

"Soaking your jeans in water for anything over 40 minutes is a waste of time, the shrinking of the cotton fibers takes place because they've become wet then dry for the first time since being woven into a textile. How long you leave the jeans in the water does NOT equate to the amount of shrinking."

"Actual test i've done just to make sure what i've learned is correct: Take a pair of unsanforized jeans and soak them in warm water for 25 minutes, take another pair of the same jeans and soak them for 2 hours. Difference in shrinkage? Pretty much unnoticeable. Technically? .1" in the waist, .2" in the length. The temperature of the water makes a far larger difference. Kids who talk about "i soaked for three hours" are wasting 2 hours and 40 minutes of waiting time"

Multiple soaks, where you let the jeans dry completely in between, should yield a little additional shrinkage, especially with Samurai in my experience.

From my personal experience - soaking isn't enough...you have to hot wash. In fact, everytime Gordon has washed jeans I've bought, they've shrunk further with the next hot wash I give them.

Same here...

I'm thinking about getting a pair of 0500's.

My 710's are 34, so I reckon I should just take 34 in the 0500's too?

and I'm aftera pair that's slightly looser than the 710, with a little bigger hem, I'm going for the right pair then right?

Reposting, (And quoting myself, postmodernism rules)

Multiple soaks, where you let the jeans dry completely in between, should yield a little additional shrinkage, especially with Samurai in my experience.

Ah, that's fair enough.

Not like I could do much about that since I was in Shibuya after I put them in the bath :P

But I'd get them hot washed, if it didn't cost a shitload to get it done at the hotel, and I'd be willing to wait around a coin laundry for an hour and hope my clothes don't get removed.

That, and it's getting a bit late now anyhow, so I'm still going to get a slight hem, but leave a bit more on so that I've got a bit of leway for more shrinkage.

shiiit i gotta jump on those 610s. i was lookin for a change w/ maybe a pair of PBJs but damn the tex cotton in a modern fit seems pretty juicy

I'm thinking about getting a pair of 0500's.

My 710's are 34, so I reckon I should just take 34 in the 0500's too?

and I'm aftera pair that's slightly looser than the 710, with a little bigger hem, I'm going for the right pair then right?

Get a 34 or a 33 in the 0500xx. They will fit looser (especially in the thigh) even though you size down to a 33.