Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Countless now... I'd say around 15-20 but I could be way off.

They get really dirty at work.... >.<

Lookin good legacy, how about some more pics?

15 - 20 washes? So have we figured out whether you get better fades from washing frequently or infrequently? Haha

Theres so much good dye in those jeanz that the only stuff thats really gonna wash out hella is the stuff that gets worn out in the creases and stuff

^ yes 1234567. Well most of their models anyway. They've got a few slim stuff. How fat are your thighs?

umm... at the middle of my thights when standing the circumference is:

20.5 inches ... sucks cause i cant pull of diors too well

two initial soaks then approx 7 weeks of wear (most days for work) USA BiG

IMG_5479.jpg[/img]

IMG_5481.jpg

Indigo is starting to break up quite nicely, denim has really gone soft and stubbly and maybe thinking another month to 2 months before a hot wash and hopefully they will shrink in a bit more.

IMG_5485.jpg

the back pocket fade is from a 3rd gen ipod, wallet and pass is constantly in the other but not particularly thick to mark the pockets however the arcs have come through mainly from sitting on the wall out the back.

against unworn SD103.

I have a question for you guys, I recently got a pair of s5000vx, and I soaked with them on for about 20 minutes, should I soak one more time the jeans only? I was afraid it would get too tight at the waist after soak.

How long should I soak these?

Pre

Picture11-1.png

postfit.jpg

Well, whether you should soak again really depends on whether you're happy with the fit right now. I personally think they look quite good. And as for the length of the soak, I've always believed that soaking past forty-five minutes, an hour is superfluous. If you've got the water nice and hot, all the shrinkage you're going to get should happen within that period. Cheers on a rad fit man.

I see no sense with that suggestion....5000 denim stretches a ton, and in a few days, they're going to fall off you. 20 minutes is NOT enough. You should soak them at least twice in hot water, or preferably just throw them in the washing machine on hot. Even after 2 soaks, there will probably be some shrinking left in them.

I took advice like that when I got my first pair of raw denim...then after wearing them for 6 months, I soaked them and they shrunk enough to throw all the fading out of position with my body.

I see, I'll soak it tonight to see what happens. Never heard of washing on hot before, maybe you should add it in the first page.

Take a look through the thread (I know its a bit of an investment to read...its long)...you'll get various opinions on washing/soaking. If you are going to wash - turn inside-out, hot water, no spin cycle (front loaders are bad for leaving creases).

If you were to get one-wash jeans, or have a pair one-washed at a store, they would generally hot wash them...and sometimes throw them in the dryer too.

I didn't add this to the front-page because we all have different methods...this is my personal preference.

aztec, your shits are fine, do you.

i also dont like the fact that nogam-san is offering a low rise jean. but i aint buying em, so i aint hatin' i dont particularly like bootcut either, but the only other dude ive seen here with sams in virginia was a dude from tokyo, and he had on the bootcut joints on. they looked fine. not super bell-bottomy or nothing. exausted, dont worry about the details of soaking. look, im assuming you'll be rockin' these for a good minute, so if you are pre-soaking, get it all out of the way now. they'll stretch out over time and wear. they aren't supposed to be all comfy and shit @first. well, not as regards to the stiffness . soak em for a while longer ( just throw the shits in with the hottest water you can procure, and leave em in until the water is room temp, or you forget they are in your tub, whichever comes first. throw em outside inside out until dry. rock the shits. enjoy...

Well, whether you should soak again really depends on whether you're happy with the fit right now. I personally think they look quite good. And as for the length of the soak, I've always believed that soaking past forty-five minutes, an hour is superfluous. If you've got the water nice and hot, all the shrinkage you're going to get should happen within that period. Cheers on a rad fit man.

I wouldn't say it's superfluous at all, it took several hours and several water changes to get mine down to the tagged inseam of 36". I emailed BiG with some hemming questions and mentioned that after a few hours the inseam was still around 37" and Gordon said that with such heavy denim it often takes a few washes/soaks to really get all the shrinking out of the way

That said, the fit looks really good already and the inseam isn't that important if you're going to be stacking anyway. I would do another soak either with them on or with something stuck in the waist to get all the shrinkage out of the way

I wouldn't say it's superfluous at all, it took several hours and several water changes to get mine down to the tagged inseam of 36". I emailed BiG with some hemming questions and mentioned that after a few hours the inseam was still around 37" and Gordon said that with such heavy denim it often takes a few washes/soaks to really get all the shrinking out of the way

How do you know it wouldn't have been the same with just one tub of water and a 45 mins soak? BiG suggested a few soaks/washed, this is different to one long soak. Kiya has tested, and he said that anything longer than 45 mins is a waste of jean wearing time. Sure, multiple soaks/washes could yeild more shrink, BUT the jeans dry inbetween.

they aren't supposed to be all comfy and shit

WORD! Mine were not comfy at all and hardly set any creases or anything till just now and that's 2 months on. Also, think I have finally set most of the creases. The denim is slowly changing, the parts with more ware are real soft now. But they have faded really fast. Only problem is, I sweated the shit out of them, so gotta wash after the weekend, they fucking stink! Been airing a lot lately and it's not helping at all, that's when I know it's time for a wash.

Ok here's my 2nd soak, I left it in the bath for one hour this time, changed some of the water near 30 minutes and put the waist side near the bath faucet instead. I tried them on this morning and they were about the same in the waist, and feel less tight even, probably because the denim is softer now.

Picture12-1.png

Should I try to shrink the waist more by soaking the waist only? They measure at 31" right and now it's a tagged size 30.

Wondering if anyone can tell me the difference in sizing between Lot 9 and Lot 10 S5000VX? I'm a bit confused as I thought the Lot 9s were supposedly a size smaller than tagged or something...

Mine are Lot 10 and I sized down 1 due to stretching...not sure if that helps or not.

i dont care what anyone says, 45 min. might be the immersion(maceration) limit for a single soak, but to get all the shrinkage out of unsanforized denim, you need multiple hot soaks regardless of how you dry them. 45 min. per soak is more like it. 4-5 soaks will do the trick, and you need to get them COMPLETELY DRY between soaks. most of the shrinkage will occur between soaks #3-5. trust me, watch it work, i wont even have to be there...