Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm selling some 0500's, lot 15. Still raw, size 32x36. Message me if interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some sizing advice for S510XX19OZ.

I'd prefer a post-shrink/stretch waist of 32.5" to 33".

My other jeans that fit well are:

• Sugarcane BSPOW - Size 32 / Post-stretch: 33"
  • IH 777s - Size 32 / Post-stretch: 32.75"
  • TCB 50s - Size 33 / Post-stretch: 33"

I'm wondering if I would need a size 32 or a 33. I am unfamiliar with the amount of shrink/stretch with this denim. TY!

Why does the S211VX Benkei model not exist in like any discussion on the internet? The measurements on this pair seem nice, and the weight is just what I'm looking for but I can only find a few mentions on the internet and only one fit pic from a reddit thread. Anyone here own these?

I'm on the fence between these and the S520, but didn't want 21oz. 

Edited by An Oxymoron

I have them the waist is quite small on this model but comfortable around the hips and the rise is comfortable I had to sell the 0255 cut which is the other overseas cut as the front rise was to long and couldn’t open my legs properly 

Edited by lee porter

On 12/30/2020 at 4:33 PM, effdatnoise said:

@maharu post above reminded me that i had some pics I never posted of the sj42cp with a few washes, mostly worn in casual office during 2 winters.  pulling them back out of the closet now for winter #3.  some of the stain from a leather belt rubbed off a fair amount on belt loop areas and there is some visible marbling/crease from wash/dry.  i really like the construction/hardware details on these.  i don't have pics but they have silver selvedge.  lockstitch 1 inch'ish trouser hem type of thing going on.  

DSCF1019 copy.jpg

DSCF1017 copy.jpg

DSCF1018 1.jpg

Thank you for allowing to see into the future of mine.

I bought mine three years ago but haven't put it into much action. The first year or so I had a misconception. I always associated "chino" with "summer" but this one is actually a cold weather trouser. Took me a while to understand that. So this is the first winter season I am wearing them.

Problem is: in winter its cold AND wet and this fabric sucks liquid and dirt like blotting paper. Literally. So can only wear in dry winter weather. Which -  were I live is - quite exceptionally. Plus I am avid bicyclist. And grease just loooves this pants. I mean, they really bound. They really stick.

So all the fortunes of heaven have to be in the right place to bring this one on the strret. 

Still: great pants. I am wearing them as I write this. 

Edited by Schorsch

I hot soaked my S510XX19OZ twice and I'm surprised by the lack of shrinkage. They shrunk maybe an inch at most at the waist. Both soaks used nearly boiling water at 90 minutes with heavy agitation. I don't need any more shrinkage but I'm wondering if I should toss them in the washing machine prior to hemming. Does the 19oz Kiwami just not shrink that much?

Every denim shrinks different amounts, and may continue to shrink more. Two options: wash them in a washer, hot water, inside, prior to hemming; or, get them hemmed 1/2" - 3/4" longer than needed to allow for extra shrinkage when washed again. This is what I do, so roping starts to appear when I wash them after hemming. I'd rather too long than too short. 

On 3/26/2021 at 1:24 PM, (10chars) said:

I hot soaked my S510XX19OZ twice and I'm surprised by the lack of shrinkage. They shrunk maybe an inch at most at the waist. Both soaks used nearly boiling water at 90 minutes with heavy agitation. I don't need any more shrinkage but I'm wondering if I should toss them in the washing machine prior to hemming. Does the 19oz Kiwami just not shrink that much?

For what it's worth, I gave my 710's (not kiwami) two hot soaks similar to what you did, and when I eventually machine washed & dried them a few months later, there was no noticeable additional shrinkage.  

Edited by HGS

15 hours ago, chantheman said:

0500 lot10 officially retired

IMG_8189.JPG

IMG_8188.JPG

Wow what an impressing and powerful raw denim evolution result seen gere.

They deserve an eternal life for sure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had the S0500xx as a "next on my list" pair for a while as they look like they'd be a good fit for me, but it is looking like they may have discontinued the standard version, at least.  Their website only has one or two sizes left and hasn't restocked them.  It seems most of their standard pairs have received the version II treatment, but I haven't seen the 500's yet. I think the was a special 18oz version, but not the 15oz.

On 3/14/2011 at 11:09 AM, rkusmant said:

I plan to do that , but they're out of my size.

I'm looking for either S634-GX or S510XX24oz-L in size 40, but the measurement listed on e2nd doesn't match with BiG's

https://samurai-jeans.com/bottoms/s634gxii-jeans.html

I found the second released of this model S634-GX II 

Screenshot_20210429_122730.jpg

Screenshot_20210429_123025.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have fit pics of the S3000vx? i'm on the fence. I realize it's a ww2 cut (right?) and i'm sorta looking for a wide fit. Search function only yields a few results, none of which are fit pics.