Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Guys,

I'm seriously considering the S5000BKBs. I have the Samurai 19oz regular straight fit and love them. I prefer a vintage loose dungaree fit (straight leg , no taper and high waist). I also have the MF California Lot 54 and the Flat Head 3005 Straight Classics. Will the S5000BKBs be too slim? Thanks for your help.

Sam

Hey Hey Hey,

I just purchased a pair of:

Samurai Jeans - 19oz Slim Fit Boot Cut S512XXBC

I have soaked them in warm water for an hour and they shrunk a tiny bit.

Is it ok to have them hemmed at this point? I'd rather not cuff them.

Do I have to worry about them shrinking even more when I wash them in a year?

I don't want "High-waters" if ya feel me.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Cool Disco Davey

#1 reason why soaking a pair of unsanf jeans at the start is a horrible idea. 1 or two trips through the washer is an absolute must. The one thing that 99% of people don't understand, is that it's not the spin cycle that takes out the indigo it's the miles.

Whatever you plan on doing in the future (if even once) that wil get the most shrinkage, you need to do that now. If you ever want to wash them, just wash them now to see how much shrink you'll get.

I'd be surprised if after regular soak you didn't get more shrinkage in the future.

The time is here for some new boot socks, (after my Toys McCoys ones lost all elasticity rather soon) so I got these Samurai ones. Safe to say they're my favorite socks yet, though pricey.

rSOhgri.png

g4E8ViI.png

Nice socks Iron Horse, I have had that exact pair for about 6 months now and I love them. They have held up very nicely so far, although they did turn the inside of a pair of sneakers blue when I first got them.

xUZvPsQ.jpg

never expected the socks to actually loose indigo in this way... hope you didnt have too much trouble cleaning the sneakers

I think I'm going to need some blue suede shoes now.

*insert elvis song here*

They feel slimmer than they look, as slim as I can take it at the moment. If I get my WH back I can send them to you to try them on. Though I don't feel like sending Jeans in parcels anymore.

That’s the reason why I am hesitant to send you the SugarCane Okinwa and the Resolute 710 :D (where there any other models we were talking about?!)

how far are you guys apart? i mean in germany and to think you guys have unlimited limits on the autobahn. travelling would be so much faster than takes less time than a parcel no??

Roughly 800 km one distance. So it would be possible to drive that distance in a day and the other day back. But then I “lost†2 days, paid over 150 € for gas and would be mad exhausted.

So I better bring it to the post office, pay 6,90 € and he would have the package 1-2 days later (that’s how long it usually takes…not regarding Flo’s bad luck :D ).

Oh, and yes in general we don’t have a speed limit on the German Autobahn but there are so many stages where you are only allowed to drive e.g. 120 km/h (based on the risk in that area). And a lot more construction zones where you are only allowed to drive 60 or 80 km/h.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Roughly 800 km one distance. So it would be possible to drive that distance in a day and the other day back. But then I “lost†2 days, paid over 150 € for gas and would be mad exhausted.

So I better bring it to the post office, pay 6,90 € and he would have the package 1-2 days later (that’s how long it usually takes…not regarding Flo’s bad luck :D ).

Oh, and yes in general we don’t have a speed limit on the German Autobahn but there are so many stages where you are only allowed to drive e.g. 120 km/h (based on the risk in that area). And a lot more construction zones where you are only allowed to drive 60 or 80 km/h.

^^ fair enough guys. 800kms is quite a travel. if it was 400 each way, could be done in a day i reckon. postage makes more sense then. (bad luck aside. haha)

oh i would so love to visit germany one day and have a go on the autobahn... 

And there was one famous trip to Berlin, that ended up in me almost losing my driver's license again. Right beside me (and pixeled out in the Police photography) ^that guy. But the trip got me my first 710XX and the A-103 belt, so it was worth it.

you never forget your first. but the experience is well worth it in some cases...

Hope I'm not breaking any rules posting here, but I haven't gotten much response in the Supermarket. I have basically new S0500 17oz. and S5000VX 21oz. Zero denim both in 34w, both chain stitch hemmed to 34L. Both are too big for me...looking to sell or swap for a something similar in a smaller size. Anyone interested? 

Edited by gfarina55