Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Talked to Gordon at BiG last week and he told me he had contacted samursi about the s710og-16; here's the update he sent:

"They’re still aiming for the end of this month but it could end up being early next month. I’ll keep you posted. And I wasn’t able to see the samples when I was there last month, the jeans were at the factory, but the bossman was excited about them so I expect them to be good."

Nothing too exact but thought some info was better than none.

I have the S552-15oz and OW as well.  I did 2 hot washes and there was no shrinking.  Best bet is to size TTS.  I've had mine for a couple of months and not worth taking pictures of it.  Surprised how fast I'm seeing electric blue though.  

Hi all

Just wondering If anyone has a Samurai denim jacket. Ideally i'm looking for pics to see how they evolve and any tips on sizing before i pull the trigger.

I can assure you they evolve beautifully:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/47647-samurai-jeans/?p=3074938

This is the s0553x (or whatever) type III. I am 6' ~185-190 lbs and have a size 42. It fits, but quite tightly (I can button it up, but not comfortably), and I wish I would have gotten a 44, which is what I believe B_f, who is about the same size as me, did. The sizing is true to size, which means that it measures exactly 42cm across the chest pit-to-pit from the outside. Most suit sizing is not like this; I would normally wear a size 40 (American sizing) in most suits.

I can assure you they evolve beautifully:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/47647-samurai-jeans/?p=3074938

This is the s0553x (or whatever) type III. I am 6' ~185-190 lbs and have a size 42. It fits, but quite tightly (I can button it up, but not comfortably), and I wish I would have gotten a 44, which is what I believe B_f, who is about the same size as me, did. The sizing is true to size, which means that it measures exactly 42cm across the chest pit-to-pit from the outside. Most suit sizing is not like this; I would normally wear a size 40 (American sizing) in most suits.

Thanks so much Bradl, Chubacca and Quoise1203 for replying. Particular thanks to Quoise1203 for the link - you've made things a lot easier.

Cheers

Edited by mally

^nice pick-ups...

always safest to soak before you have them hemmed.

Maybe even twice if you think there's a possibility of further shrinkage.

You can always have the length reduced again if needed (but its complete pain to lengthen them ;) )

Someone with that model will weigh in soon with an actual answer im sure...

^^ my 710xx lost pretty much exactly 2 inches from the inseam on their first hot soak. Been soaked again (with agitation) and machine washed (cold on hand wash setting NO spin, NO dryer) a couple of times and no noticeable extra lost.

Hope you enjoy them, they are one of my favourites!

Edited by Artisandenim

Does anyone know if there are unique details or characteristics of the S710OG other than the 16 oz. organic cotton?  I assume the price will be higher than the standard S710 or S710XX?

Thanks.

John

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME. but after being in denim for awhile, at times i do hem my jeans before i soak em. as i will have the measurements in mind so i'll know roughly how much to hem. but for the 710, as my first pair of jeans. i must say they've lost a bit of inseam after every wash. even at the 4-5 wash.

I think the color on the OG stuff looks interesting, a bit lighter hue of blue.

I also like the color of the pocket bags on the 710OG.

Maybe once they roll out the detail and appearance of the fabric will be more impressive than the product shots.