Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Oh man, SDA are nearby too? I'll have to check 'em out.

Not so near from Samurai Head office.. but it's reachable by train / subway.. and it's quite easy as SDA is located in the shopping district.. You also can find TFH Osaka (their biggest flagship store) and RMC in that district..

S500OG16oz!

August onwards :)

@louisbosco, it's about time for you to round it off!

damn. i just got my first pair of IH recently..... hmm but august.... 

is it me or do i read this as s5000G16oz? it's suppose to be s0500 OG 16oz right?

They rolling them out fast now :) I hope it is really a 0500 cut

why the suspicion that it's not a 0500 cut til??

You read S500 OG 16oz.

So the 500-cut..but if it is exactly like the 0500 I have my doubt because of my S500JX-LR (more like S5000-cut) and ask Flo about his Naniwa special which were more of a S510-cut than a 0500

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

You read S500 OG 16oz.

So the 500-cut..but if it is exactly like the 0500 I have my doubt because of my S500JX-LR (more like S5000-cut) and ask Flo about his Naniwa special which were more of a S510-cut than a 0500

Very true. The 500 I own was much looser, wider and higher rised than the 0500 in the same size. Pretty much what I would have expected from a 510.

July 2 and still wearing S510XX 25oz. Temps in the mid 80's.  I can't take much more... 

I adore these jeans, and I'll keep saying this, but I so wish I had gone TTS w/ a 33 instead of a 34. These pics are after almost 2 months of wear everyday, all day, since the last wash. 

This mirror is a bit wonky, and the angle is funny. I don't think they really look this big on me, but pics don't lie. I need the GF to snap some better outside fit pics. 

SamuraiS510XX25oz15th_07-02-2014_1_zps12

SamuraiS510XX25oz15th_07-02-2014_12_zps1

SamuraiS510XX25oz15th_07-02-2014_13_zpse

Your opinion is the most important one of course, but nothing wrong with that fit IMO. Besides, you'll probably have em for years and waistlines have a nasty way of expanding. And look at the bright side... if you're struggling with wearing them in this heat I guarantee you the 33 would have been MUCH WORSE.

Like I said before mpukas, I think you have a good fit there. Sometimes it's not about going as tight in the waist or thighs as possible and I think the relaxed cut suits you. Yours will look excellent when they are worn-in down the line. If you're looking for inspiration, you'll find plenty of stylish gents in the Japanese denim mags pulling off the looser-fit style with their Sams!

Very true. The 500 I own was much looser, wider and higher rised than the 0500 in the same size. Pretty much what I would have expected from a 510.

I wonder if there's any specific reason they don't disclose their rise measurements.. or is it not significant to them to begin with? :(

Yes, I always wondered about that too. And the fact, that most measurements are stated to be the same in different versions of the same cut. Looking at BiG for example shows that they are indeed different. So I'm kind of scared of getting the upcoming 710 in the wrong size.

Thanks for all of the kind words on the fits, guys. 

Max - I have done a hot wash + hot dry. Twice. The come out the perfect size - like a 33. But after a couple days of the stretch out to a 34. Given the roomyness of this cut and that I more of a 33 than 34, a 33 would suit me well. Still love them tho! 

Devilish - cool re: cuffs. I like un-cuffed as much as cuffed, for different reasons, as well as different fits. Currently, I like cuffs on narrower jeans than I do on wider jeans. I also like un-cuffed narrower jeans as I like stacks too. I tend to have my jeans hemmed a little long so I can wear them cuffed or un-cuffed with stacks. One thing I'm not a fan of is high-waters. I'm not a fan of jeans that are cuffed so that they sit high above shoes w/ no break of stacking. But that's just me, I'm kinda industrial-school I guess. In the end it's all good. 

They're still coming out in July, so just hold tight. Yuchi said he should be getting them in the coming weeks

did yuchi drop his direct website? cause i can't seem to find it except the two known forms of contact to him now is email and rakuten?

Yes, I always wondered about that too. And the fact, that most measurements are stated to be the same in different versions of the same cut. Looking at BiG for example shows that they are indeed different. So I'm kind of scared of getting the upcoming 710 in the wrong size.

I'll ask Yuichi to help measure the S500OG when he has it in stock. I'll decide after that :) 

Thanks for the heads up!