Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

^great choice.  I would have preferred the type II to the type III but I purchased it early in my denim obsession and wasn't comfortable ordering from rakuten or doing a special order from BiG, in case I needed to return it.

Yeah, I had a type III gap 1969 raw jacket from like 5 years ago that I have been wearing until I got this. Not a huge fan of Type III as well, this type II is awesome, I just wish it had hand pockets.

Bf

I figured that. Worried about machine washing and the waist coming in too far. From your fit guide it looks like a machine wash the only way. BTW they are the 15oz size 34. Maybe ill just deal.

I wore my S0510XX yesterday and I measured the hem, just a hair under 9" and I machine washed them once for initial shrinkage. I don't expect much more shrinkage

Post Soak update on S634VX-15th:

(Pre-soak pics here)

One soak in the hottest water possible in the tub. About 30 minutes. A bit over a week of wear before I got around to taking the post soak measurements so waist has stretched back a bit. Since these are a higher rise than normal, the few extra inches in the waist help to get em over my gut, but if I ever get around to losing the 10 lbs I want off, these things are not going to fit. Triple cuff for now while I figure out how much I want to take off. Usually, I just hem to get a full break with no cuff but a cut this full might require a 1.5-2" cuff and no break. Gotta think about it for a while.

BIG method.

Waist: 36/35

Front Rise: 13.25/12.75

Back Rise: 16.25/16

Upper Thigh:13.5/12.5

Knee: 11.25/10.5

Hem: 10.5/10.25

Inseam: 34/32

Head to ankle in Samurai (Jacket, flannel, 634s)

DSCN7636_zps421d2c89.jpg

DSCN7632_zpsd7128a9b.jpg

DSCN7628_zpsd071ab36.jpg

^^^^ great look!

A type 1 or 2 would be more appropriate, though...

Just as I remembered: S634 is a wider fit compared to S526

Agreed. In general actually I prefer a Type II, but my current type II* is flathead so it would have upset the Samurai consistency in that photo.

*(Check with me later today though after I pick up my 25oz Samurai Type II waiting at the post office!)

^^^ would love to see close ups of that flannel - lovely colour.

Happy to excessively oblige:

DSCN7700_zpsf8a1f388.jpg

DSCN7713_zpsa989183a.jpg

DSCN7702_zps0c498b1e.jpg

DSCN7704_zps7c12e717.jpg

DSCN7705_zpsbfe71cad.jpg

DSCN7715_zpsd317d2b8.jpg

DSCN7707_zps1e3f0869.jpg

DSCN7710_zps492f59e9.jpg

DSCN7717_zpsad6ad5f3.jpg

DSCN7716_zps32c1548f.jpg

It's very new to me, though I am not sure if it's current release. I purchased it from Yuichi about one month ago. It's also available in a traditional red and a deep blue.

Mine is size large and a pretty good fit at 21.5" pit to pit, 27" length. Shedding a pound or two would make it fit a bit better, so I hope that gets me going in the right direction.

Thanks for your kind words!

*(Check with me later today though after I pick up my 25oz Samurai Type II waiting at the post office!)

Nice, just got mine on Wednesday and absolutely love it. Not as crazy as I would've hoped. But that came expected with the OW.