Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

production-wise, Samurai does not churn out nearly as much volume as [e.g., Nudie, Prps, etc]. therefore, if they virtuously keep status quo, like keeping supply low [e.i., limited production], so there won't ever be enough available to reach mainstrem. also, they shouldn't acquiesce to pop pressure like venturing into more current yet fadish cuts. i know it's a business and they need to make a profit, but [iMO] in order for them to protect and maintain the brand name, they should stay with the formula that made them stood out, in the first place --- putting out quality products, and staying close to what got the cult started -repros and quasi-repro cuts.

well, samurai wont be able to produce enough to become mainstream the next ten years, but theyre getting really boring on the internet. plus, you should have seen the hypebeasts at the samurai stands at inazuma.

S0610LX and S001P is a step towards the slippery slope. Samurai's strenght and weakness is their being progressive, as well as innovative. i think they're flirting with commercial viability. but, so far, they've managed to strike a balance [w/c others would preceive as compromise] between keeping their identity and "stirring the pot" of possibilities--- they got such an intersting arsenal of fabrics and accessories. they've never pretended to be a hard-to-the-core repro company anyway. theirs is an outfit that melds esthetics, quality, and playful sensibility to their designs.

unfortunely, we'd like to keep our favorite indie band to ourselves... not blow up out of obscurity.

edit: i meant [ trimmings ] not "accessories"

Just a general thought, but on Hypebeast there are rarely ever any posts related to jeans, let alone samurais. I think what has happened is that this is the brand that appeals to the Hypebeasts with the Hundreds Hats' and Stüssy shirts because they follow others rather than what they like. These individuals probably saw someone wearing samurais and wanted to feel part of the "cool club" but again, i doubt that an entire generation of kids will be walking around in Sb's and Samurais.

S0610LX and S001P is a step towards the slippery slope. Samurai's strenght and weakness is their being progressive, as well as innovative. i think they're flirting with commercial viability. but, so far, they've managed to strike a balance [w/c others would preceive as compromise] between keeping their identity and "stirring the pot" of possibilities--- they got such an intersting arsenal of fabrics and accessories. they've never pretended to be a hard-to-the-core repro company anyway. theirs is an outfit that melds esthetics, quality, and playful sensibility to their designs.

unfortunely, we'd like to keep our favorite indie band to ourselves... not blow up out of obscurity.

from what i heard samurai no longer makes the S0610LX, it was just a one time limited edition jean

to the people that have been wearing their 21 oz's for a while now, have you noticed any more stretching? i know the denim isn't supposed to change one way or another in terms of shrinking/stretching, but am wishing to be able to hang on to a pair i recently got that are marked sz 33 (s0510) and come up way smaller/tighter than my 32 5000's. seeing as its just the waist and crotch area, i'm considering taking a car boot to em..

cheers

success! stretched em out with a car jack lodged into the waist over night. there is hope again

And btw - I think the S0610LX is one of the best jeans Samurai has ever made ..the reinforced texas cotton is even better than the first batch that came out - and frankly - I'm surprised they didn't get more attention.

beatle,

care to elaborate a litte more on the S0610LX? there hasnt really been much talk at all, i know they only did even sizes, but would love to hear your thoughts on them.

thanks

beatle,

care to elaborate a litte more on the S0610LX? there hasnt really been much talk at all, i know they only did even sizes, but would love to hear your thoughts on them.

thanks

i know im not beatle, but i own a pair. i got a size 34 (a 33 would have been perfect) and hot soaked in near boiling water for 45 mins, then hot washed them (took out before spin ccycle) then hung dry until mostly dry, i started wearing while still damp, and the waist was ridiculously tight, but by the end of the day they stretched back out to bigger than raw size. they do have a slight taper from the knee down, but its still a decently straight leg cut, not all that slim, but just a nice manly straight leg jean. the texas cotton feels so amazing, and after soaking them i was amazed at how stiff they got, and the color even got a bit darker.ive been wearing for about a month now, and theres some wallet fading, and the hidden rivets are really showing, but not much other than that, which im stoked about, i didnt want them to wear through after 3-4 months, since i sized up and not down im pretty sure the crotch wont blow too soon (it probably will eventually) but theyre a badass jean, and they fit awesome.

akuma no uta,

thank you very much for the response, the one thing that scares me with these is the thigh. i have a feeling it will be too big/loose.

when BiG first listed these the raw thigh measurement was a full 1" smaller; than the raw thigh measurement of the actual pairs that arrived.

i would definately need a 28 in these, but was hoping for an less than 11" thigh

see thats the funny part, i was worried about the same thing, on big they said 13.75 prewash, and a .5 inch shrinkage and my sexi04s have a 11.6 thigh, but my samurais are much slimmer in the thigh than the sexi04s. i think its just how you wash them, just wash reaaaaal hot and soaaak real hot and youre gonna get a ton of shrinkage.

success! stretched em out with a car jack lodged into the waist over night. there is hope again

batorizer seemed to think that it "sounds completely retarded" to jack the waistband. i've done it on some 6 recent pairs that i got. i wasn't suggesting to down size f-ing 4 and jack them up to fit. frankly, i don't subscribe to fadish 'skinny" fit, myself... but that's just a personal taste&preference. i always try to get the size that would [actually] fit me. if i'm spending that much on a pair of jeans, they better damn well fit right.

anyway, i was merely sharing an alternative idea to circumvent the supposedly unavoidable initial bruising and agonizing days of breaking them in. ... it's just a suggestion... an experience i care to share. isn't that what [THIS] is all about in the 1st place. :)

heyy youre the dude from my summer school class. its called thunder soap and if youre tatsumas friend he'll either give it to you or sell it. you can ask him or just proxy it for about 25. i still have a box thats pretty new but i dont live there anymore so sorry :(

thanks for the info bro ill try to contact him

On the 610 - completely agree with akuma = at first you think that the thigh is going to be on the wide side - but actually - and that might be because ofthe lower rise - they just all really nicely - and make the whole jean look like a perfect straight fit...

The denim feels less slubby than the first texas cotton denim - but not less durable...very , very nice...

I took some quick fit pics...

excuse the slippers..LOL

3037015945_163ba7226c.jpg

3037853114_b5ca668391.jpg

3037853040_e55a10ba91.jpg

Also - Samurai changed the size of the backpocket in order to keep te right proportions - very nice touch - so thebackpockets are slightly smaller / shorter than on any other model - thus you don't look like you have pockets that end up on ur thigh...

On the sizing - if ur in between - go for the smaller one...

If by chance any bigger ppl (meaning like size 40) are looking for some sams I am getting rid of my USA's: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=65124

Sucks to be out of the Samurai club, but on the other hand wearing jeans sized +5 isn't too hot.

For the moment I am giving all my attention to my F380's, but I see a pair of S5000vx's or something in my future :)

batorizer seemed to think that it "sounds completely retarded" to jack the waistband. i've done it on some 6 recent pairs that i got. i wasn't suggesting to down size f-ing 4 and jack them up to fit. frankly, i don't subscribe to fadish 'skinny" fit, myself... but that's just a personal taste&preference. i always try to get the size that would [actually] fit me. if i'm spending that much on a pair of jeans, they better damn well fit right.

anyway, i was merely sharing an alternative idea to circumvent the supposedly unavoidable initial bruising and agonizing days of breaking them in. ... it's just a suggestion... an experience i care to share. isn't that what [THIS] is all about in the 1st place. :)

ahh nah mate. seenmy hooked me up with these for a good deal. he had hot soaked them to shrink them down.. as it is the they were by no means 'skinny' on me, being the 051o cut. positioning the car jack, it targeted the waist and crotch area. before hand they were snug and unforgiving, given the nature of the denim. i myself do not like having jean that tight and now i can wear them comfortably. just hope i didn't fuck up the construction/threads too bad.

They only have an id number for the first series. Any reissue only has a lot number.

oh word. I wasn't bothered by it, anyways. Just joking around. I can still see the holes from where the arcs were pulled out. Considering attempting to add some in on my own. Probably not worth the trouble, but it would be fun and would help me be less tempted to wear them immediately. My USAs are really starting to look good so I want to give them some more solo attention.

oh word. I wasn't bothered by it, anyways. Just joking around. I can still see the holes from where the arcs were pulled out. Considering attempting to add some in on my own. Probably not worth the trouble, but it would be fun and would help me be less tempted to wear them immediately. My USAs are really starting to look good so I want to give them some more solo attention.

What? I didn't know they actually pulled the arcs out before selling them. Surely when they manufacture jeans for export to the US they just leave the red tab and arcs out?

img2564ux6.jpg

Bought these S505XX off sbbjm 5 months ago and have been wearing them ever since. I forget how long he had them but I guesstimate total age 2 years. Back pockets are starting to go but the rest is holding up beautifully. I think they'll be good for a couple more years. I have a few other pairs of Japanese repros but these are above and beyond my favorites.

I'll put up some more closeups tonight if there's interest.