Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Going to hit up Take 5 in a few weeks when I go to HK. Most likely getting 2 pairs, but I'm torn for what to get for my straight/relaxed fit.

Now I currently have a pair of Skulls 5010xx and they're too slim for my taste. From what I can gather, Sammies aren't that slim in all their cuts. So when comparing to Skulls, the 710's should be more roomier right?

For straight cut, I'm torn between S5000 and S0510's. I don't have the biggest thighs, so I'm worried about the fit on the straight leg. Any input?

Thanks

If by chance any bigger ppl (meaning like size 40) are looking for some sams I am getting rid of my USA's: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=65124

Sucks to be out of the Samurai club, but on the other hand wearing jeans sized +5 isn't too hot.

For the moment I am giving all my attention to my F380's, but I see a pair of S5000vx's or something in my future :)

hey if these are available in a few weeks ill get these for my "little" brother

On the 610 - completely agree with akuma = at first you think that the thigh is going to be on the wide side - but actually - and that might be because ofthe lower rise - they just all really nicely - and make the whole jean look like a perfect straight fit...

The denim feels less slubby than the first texas cotton denim - but not less durable...very , very nice...

I took some quick fit pics...

Also - Samurai changed the size of the backpocket in order to keep te right proportions - very nice touch - so thebackpockets are slightly smaller / shorter than on any other model - thus you don't look like you have pockets that end up on ur thigh...

On the sizing - if ur in between - go for the smaller one...

from the pics looks like you got a 32 beatle dont you usually wear a 31 in samurais?

Will try to take some back shots...

Yes - went with 32 - low rise - sits on the widest part of ur hips...plus - I´m not famous for wearing downsized jeans...lol

But I assume that the difference between hip and waist is´nt that big on most guys - thus I suggested that if u are in between sizes to go for the smaller one..

For reference - I measured the tagged 32

Presoak - exactly 16 inches (waist laid flat)

Postsoak - exactly 15

Going to hit up Take 5 in a few weeks when I go to HK. Most likely getting 2 pairs, but I'm torn for what to get for my straight/relaxed fit.

Now I currently have a pair of Skulls 5010xx and they're too slim for my taste. From what I can gather, Sammies aren't that slim in all their cuts. So when comparing to Skulls, the 710's should be more roomier right?

For straight cut, I'm torn between S5000 and S0510's. I don't have the biggest thighs, so I'm worried about the fit on the straight leg. Any input?

Thanks

I liked the S5000VX over the 0510's. If you're looking for a true straight fit, non slim model then I suggest the S510xx. I grabbed the S510's over the S5000 because they had a bit more room. If you want a non-sufu straight cut go with the S510's. If you want a slightly slim straight cut go with the S5000VX. It also depends on how you size up/down on the models.

Yessir, they are very cool peoples at 2nd. Ise-san has always been on point. There's one staff member there that spoke very fluent English, which for some reason, I didn't run into a lot when I was in Tokyo. It's a tiny store, so I think they do a whole lot of business on the internet. Got packages going out like every hour.

hey beatle do you happen to have a fit pic of the back on those? they look great!

Okay - poor pic - but u'll get the idea,,,,

3041380368_f1d1033919.jpg

Tried to get a shot of the back / seat ..just to give u an idea about the postition of the backpockets - and the yoke..blury - but what the hell

3041440312_54728124e5_m.jpg

Something old:

USAs. Had them since mid-March. Not constant wear (summer is hot). Washed 3 times, I think, not including the first machine wash/dry to get rid of shrinking.

frontav7.jpg

topblockip5.jpg

backaf0.jpg

pocketxu2.jpg

cinchdv3.jpg

The pictures all came out a little light/washed out.

Something new:

s0500xx, I would say they are unsoaked, but the flasher should probably give it away.

unsoakedfrontnp8.jpg

unsoakedbacknu9.jpg

Going to keep wearing the USAs mostly for a long while.

Congrats on the new one - and kudos to the old one - especially the arcs...they came out nice...

Thanks. I'm no where near done with them, though. I'm not even going to soak the 500s for a while. Want to put some more serious wear in the USAs. They are just starting to look good.

On the 610 - completely agree with akuma = at first you think that the thigh is going to be on the wide side - but actually - and that might be because ofthe lower rise - they just all really nicely - and make the whole jean look like a perfect straight fit...

The denim feels less slubby than the first texas cotton denim - but not less durable...very , very nice...

I took some quick fit pics...

excuse the slippers..LOL

3037015945_163ba7226c.jpg

3037853114_b5ca668391.jpg

3037853040_e55a10ba91.jpg

Also - Samurai changed the size of the backpocket in order to keep te right proportions - very nice touch - so thebackpockets are slightly smaller / shorter than on any other model - thus you don't look like you have pockets that end up on ur thigh...

On the sizing - if ur in between - go for the smaller one...

ditto to both those things. i like how the pockets have been made slightly wider & shorter, and warped diagnally. it looks a bit wonky before you put em on, but after they look perfect. only problem is i feel like my wallet is poking out all the time lol!

the extra room in the hips was a little different to get used to. i'm used to wearing my beater nudie svens that have very straight hips. the hip flare goes away after the first week though.

believe it or not i only soaked them it near boiling water then i threw them straight into a hot DRYER. no indigo lost except the blue that rubbed off in my dryer, but the best thing is i'm willing to bet there is absolutely no more shrinkage left.

they were so stiff and dense after the dry but they feel great now that the creases have settled in.

Yessir, they are very cool peoples at 2nd. Ise-san has always been on point. There's one staff member there that spoke very fluent English, which for some reason, I didn't run into a lot when I was in Tokyo. It's a tiny store, so I think they do a whole lot of business on the internet. Got packages going out like every hour.

they should have the english-speaking guy handle the north american orders ffs!!! jesus, it was like pulling teeth when i accidentally pulled $300 from the wrong (empty) checking account via paypal, and e-mailed them about 20 times trying to say "DO NOT ACCEPT PAYMENT OR I'M FUCKED" in japanese.

they should have the english-speaking guy handle the north american orders ffs!!! jesus, it was like pulling teeth when i accidentally pulled $300 from the wrong (empty) checking account via paypal, and e-mailed them about 20 times trying to say "DO NOT ACCEPT PAYMENT OR I'M FUCKED" in japanese.

and the UK orders. :)

Did it all go well in the end?

Yeah I know what you mean. So many people working at the stores look at me like I'm crazy when I try to explain something. But for the most part with some patience on their part I was able to explain in my broke-ass Japanese what I'm looking for. I think the person at 2nd can speak quite well, but reading and writing is a whole other story. I can speak okay but can't read a lick in Japanese.