Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

We need either a Samurai sizing thread, or people need to ask these questions in the "How do jeans fit..." thread.

COTTON DUCK...Please help.

cosigned. can people not read anymore?

where the hell did the samurai model lineup thread go? im bouta click "unsubscribe" jeezus

indeed

they are really fun.

cosign... I actually like the effect a lot.
hidden arcs are sewn into pocket liner between denim and outer pocket. looks like pretty heavy yarn chainstitched possibly might be wire woven in. good idea of faded look here:

http://www.e2nd.net/br-sj/sj-411-01-f/sj-s0510xx-10sp.htm

they arent all the same. the first hidden arcs in the USA model are embroidered, though others (710bk) have wire in them

since they were doing it anyways, why didn't they keep with the hidden arcs?

one issue with them ive heard is that the thicker/more intense wire type ones faded faster/incongruently with the rest of the jean and can tend to stand out more than some care for

they arent all the same. the first hidden arcs in the USA model are embroidered, though others (710bk) have wire in them

one issue with them ive heard is that the thicker/more intense wire type ones faded faster/incongruently with the rest of the jean and can tend to stand out more than some care for

qft. my bk's have pretty much no fading except for my arcs which are solid grey. i like the look alot actually. only have about 10-15 wears in them though

710's from the new BIG shipment. 38.5 inseam hot soak shrunk to only 38. Sending back to have 5 inches lopped off. Nice to have a pair with a little higher rise than my 500's or 103's

DSCN2631.jpg

whatcha mean by new shipment? like lot 12? unless they suddenly decided to start sanforizing their denim, you didn't get all the shrink out of those if they only shrunk 0.5" :P

whatcha mean by new shipment? like lot 12? unless they suddenly decided to start sanforizing their denim, you didn't get all the shrink out of those if they only shrunk 0.5" :P

Still lot 11, just a re-stock.

That's what I'm wondering, is how a one hour, piping hot soak only got them from 38.5 to 38. I doubt another soak will bring them down two more inches to the 36 stated on BIG's site.

That's what I'm wondering, is how a one hour, piping hot soak only got them from 38.5 to 38. I doubt another soak will bring them down two more inches to the 36 stated on BIG's site.

I had the same issue with a pair I recently ordered from BiG. The inseam had shrunken down a bit more, but the waist remained petty much the same size.

So its not evo, or wear, or repair post or anything but i thought it was worthy of the samurai thread. x-posted from the photography thread in superculture:

3020230723_daf10b4715_b.jpg

its impossible, unless someone on here would give you one, i emailed samurai about it and they said theyd like to help me out, but it would be breaking the levis agreement

i just purchased a 710xx from BIG and i email samurai about red tab, they aswer me that, as i live in france, they could send me a red tab to sew on my jeans cause the levis agreement is just for usa.

hey guys, i wear usually a size 31, but all the jeans i have that are size 31 have a waist of 32.5-33' and i have about 3.5' of excess waist, im thinkin about buying a s710xx, but with that much excess waist on my size 31s, should i be getting a size 30 on samurais to play safe, or should i be getting size 29s for a much better, less baggy fit? Thanks

put them through the hottest wash you can followed by the hottest dry you can to get them good and shrunken. don't be a baby. anyone who says you can't put your jeans in the dryer is a baby. (not a great habit for EVERY wash, but for the initial shrinkage, yes.)

put them through the hottest wash you can followed by the hottest dry you can to get them good and shrunken. don't be a baby. anyone who says you can't put your jeans in the dryer is a baby. (not a great habit for EVERY wash, but for the initial shrinkage, yes.)

agreed. my 0500 kept shrinking after 3 hand washes, and didnt get to its final size until another machine wash and hot dry. if you hem them now youll be sorry later.