Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Anyone familiar with 2nd and/or ordering overseas often? I really need some help. :(

e-mail them in both elementary english and translated japanese ("i want to buy [jeans brand and model]"). if they get it, they'll reply with an e-mail order form; just fill it out and reply, upon which they will send you a PayPal invoice. you can only pay with PayPal if you've never bought from them before. after that first purchase, they'll accept credit card payments (although i don't even know if that applies to non-japanese citizens...)

Anyone have strong feelings for or against a machine dry to get rid of initial shrinkage? I machine washed and dried my USAs, but I'm considering just giving my new jeans a really hot soak or two.

What you guys do generally?

hot wash and hot dry. done it before. didnt mess anything up got most shrinking out of the way at once.

so im about to buy a pair of s710 but im scared im gonna pick the wrong size...

from what i know, the japanese sites (like 2nd) post the jean measurements in a washed state.

and big gives you the raw measurements....

i can safely assume that the two stores have the same exact pair of jeans right? (in terms of measurements and material)

in other words, can i rely on big's samurai s710 19oz measurements to accurately represent the jeans sold by 2nd?

thanks

Don't be scared. Man up. I shot in the dark with the whole lot 10 crap and I think it' fine.

Are you thinking that Samurai produces different jeans with the same cut for different stores? How does that sound when I put it like that?

EDIT: I think they might be on lot 11? Depends on what size you get.

yeah, i don't know why size you're ordering and/or if 2nd still has old stock of lot 10 710s (i doubt it,) but i ordered a size 31 a month ago and got lot 11. if you order 710s from 2nd you are almost certainly going to get a pair of lot 11s.

the lot 10 thing isn't even a big deal really, just buy true to size or size down 1 if you're skinny. the worst that will happen is the waist will be tight at first for a pair of lot 10s, but they will stretch. like i said, i'm willing to bet 2nd has no lot 10 s710s left; it's a popular cut and sells fast.

yeah, i don't know why size you're ordering and/or if 2nd still has old stock of lot 10 710s (i doubt it,) but i ordered a size 31 a month ago and got lot 11. if you order 710s from 2nd you are almost certainly going to get a pair of lot 11s.

the lot 10 thing isn't even a big deal really, just buy true to size or size down 1 if you're skinny. the worst that will happen is the waist will be tight at first for a pair of lot 10s, but they will stretch. like i said, i'm willing to bet 2nd has no lot 10 s710s left; it's a popular cut and sells fast.

i dont know. i got a pair of size 31 lot 10 710xx at the end of september this year from 2nd. it's still possible.

What lot to get ........depressing...

makes me want to travel back in time - when finding a proxy service and actually getting your hands on a pair of Japanese denim made you feel like you've just hit the jackpot...

need to quote myself....getting old..don't want to forget what I just said

Not too many pictures of the low rise slim around, so I figured I'd post a quick shot of mine up.

Size 32 - Post Soak, Day 1

sam0610LX.jpg

Initially I was going to resell because the preliminary fit is pretty snug, but I think they'll loosen up nicely over time. I would have preferred a 33, but they didn't make that size. I won't be putting too much effort into these as I'm trying to kill my SExFH05.

So I hot soaked my new s0500s for close to 2 hours then threw them in a hot washing machine on super-gentle for a few minutes and then put them in the dryer on low heat for a while until they were just a little damp.

They are still about an inch longer in the inseam than my USAs.

You guys think it's conceivable that there is still a significant amount of shrinking left to get out?

what's a few minutes? why not just let it run on high until it's basically dry? that's what I did.

They were only actually being agitated in the washing machine for about 5-10 minutes. They were in the dryer for at least 15. Probably more like 30. I'll probably just get them wet and dry them on high tomorrow until they are basically dry.

I'm not particularly worried about it, I just felt like trying something different since I did the full hot wash/dry on my last pair.

Anyone have strong feelings for or against a machine dry to get rid of initial shrinkage? I machine washed and dried my USAs, but I'm considering just giving my new jeans a really hot soak or two.

What you guys do generally?

i only hot soaked mine for maybe 30 min to an hour - then i threw in in the dryer on hot till completely dry. i don't think its the soak that shrinks it, its the hot temperature of the water and the heat from the dryer that shrinks them - so i don't think soaking them for longer than hour is neccessary.

So I hot soaked my new s0500s for close to 2 hours then threw them in a hot washing machine on super-gentle for a few minutes and then put them in the dryer on low heat for a while until they were just a little damp.

They are still about an inch longer in the inseam than my USAs.

You guys think it's conceivable that there is still a significant amount of shrinking left to get out?

go to your washer put it on the hottest setting and get all the shrinking out

i only hot soaked mine for maybe 30 min to an hour - then i threw in in the dryer on hot till completely dry. i don't think its the soak that shrinks it, its the hot temperature of the water and the heat from the dryer that shrinks them - so i don't think soaking them for longer than hour is neccessary.

to get all the shrinking out of the way just do a hot wash no soap.

damn i just posted the same shit twice

it will take several hot dips and dries before max shrinkage is reached...trust. i recommend 3 hot soaks, and let the denim dry completely out in between each. but who has that kind of patience?