Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

SHOWMAN, whatkinda jeans do you have? from what i've read so far, most japanese raw jeans shrink to tag size- not vanity sized like Diesel or those ubiquitous domestic&chinese made brands. so never mind the tag size if those are what you owned. go find a pair that fits you well and then take actual waist measurement from those. also, check/compare the rise measurement on those and the ones you are getting- in this case s710, right? if the rise on 710 is much higher than the ones you tried on, you can size down 1. hence, if lower, then you might need to size up. but, that's the general rule. if you read through the thread, you'll find out that the type and weight of denim are alsofactors to consider.

710 stretches a ton after several washes- that i know coz i own a pair. i take a w32 on most japanese [mid-rise], but had to take a w33 on a LOT 10--- sizing issue. but, i think they've corrected that on LOT 11 tho. in a nutshell, if you wound up with 31" as your actual waist measurement, you could either go true [W31] for a natural fit OR size down 1 for slim--- that's if you're prepared to labor through the onerous break-in process. GOODLUCK!

just gave sams a good hot machine wash/hang dry, and now they're good and shredded. glad i handrepaired the back pocket beforehand. i really didn't expect them to look quite like this, but i havent given them a machine wash in like 4-5 months. i'll post pics if i can 2 nite, since these are in temporary retirement. i'll hand-patch them over the course of the remainder of the year.

When the hypebeasts jumped on Samurai

fo reel doh shit is wack so many questions that have been answered over and over. i think they cant read it because it doesnt say sb anywhere or because its not in loud bright colors.

and i could of sworn there was a samuari sizing thread too. wtf.

i need to stop clicking on this thread there is nothing here anymore. just fucking questions from redbars.

the button hole reinforcement stitching may or may not be an issue of concern, depending on whether your button still stays in the hole while wearing the jeans. if the button pops out everytime you sit down, this is an issue,cause no one likes to have to button their jeans every time you get up. not cool. how about this, take a good ole' needle and thread( pick a color, any color) and stitch it back. a simple endeavor. this is the first step in the rights-of-passage from noobdom

anyway ive felt for a while that samurai is becoming the next hype brand. case in point. i was in a local denim shop(sucks) and as i was walking out i could hear the salesperson telling a co-worker that the jeans i had on were sams, and i didn't like the excitement i heard in his voice. if i had on momotaros, or eternals he wouldn't have sounded like that. sams are the new nudies(that hurt) im suprised gordon can keep the 710s stocked.

s710xx...

My own small question:

Anyone have any idea how the 15 oz texas cotton denim on s500s stretches/shrinks compared to the 15 oz denim on the USAs and s0505?

I'd say that they shrink about the same, but the texas cotton is going to stretch more than the denim on the other two models.

How did you size your samurai belt to your S5000VX?

I find the belt is very stiff, thick and fat so +1 true to size.

Example: Where I wear my jeans are 32", and I used the belt comfortably at the 34" hole, 33" a little tight, and 32" is uncomfortable because it doesn't stretch much and just rubs around your hips. I bought these in 34" length, meaning I mainly use the middle hole, if I bought true to size (32" length) I would be using the last 2 holes.

It's up to you to decide which hole you want to use and get that length.