Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

I've been sporting my super black fade to grey 8301S for the past seven months and they're fading VERY nicely (they've faded way more than my indigo 301s, which I purchased at the same time, but admittedly, have been wearing a lot less). 

I'm tempted to give them a wash but my only washing option is my corner laundromat where the door to the machine locks and I can't remove the denim before it goes through the spin cycle. The Iron heart website states, in CAPS "DO NOT use the spin cycle (this is the most important)"

Should I simply wait until I have an opportunity to use a washing machine where I can pull the jeans out they go through the spin cycle? 

How bad will it be if I wash my 8301S in a machine that uses the spin cycle?

Edited by harorld

Harold, I believe the IH super black fades to grey fabric is extremely prone to streaking during the spin cylce. This will make weird fades marks that aren't desirable. My .02? If you don't have access to a machine, why not hand wash them?

btw, post some pics!!

Edited by Vulcan

Harold, I believe the IH super black fades to grey fabric is extremely prone to streaking during the spin cylce. This will make weird fades marks that aren't desirable. My .02? If you don't have access to a machine, why not hand wash them?

btw, post some pics!!

ah good call! yeah, would not be great to get some undesirable streaking on em. i guess hand-wash it is! any tips for handwashing super black fade to greys? will be sure to take before/after pics!

ah good call! yeah, would not be great to get some undesirable streaking on em. i guess hand-wash it is! any tips for handwashing super black fade to greys? will be sure to take before/after pics!

As long as your don't ball them up and ring them out, you should be good.

Hand wash with your jeans laying flat in the bath tub and gently rub the soapy water into them. Then drain the water and fill back with fresh water to get the soap out. You may have to do this a few times. Then gently "press" the water out while keeping the jeans flat and then hang to dry.  I usually roll my jeans up in a towel to get additional water out, and I've never had streaking issues, even with my OD Iron hearts and IH ducks (which are also prone to streaking). 

Good luck, and post pics after they dry!

Yes, but there was a time when this was the second most active thread. Seems like Sufu has moved on (or back). 

Anyway, I'm thinking of the new/old 21/23 oz denim. It's way to warm and heavy for upcoming summer, but I've always been fascinated with the fades. And the slim cut of the 666 could work just great (if they followed my feedback and made the thighs larger). I was thinking of the PBJ 007 as next pair, but somehow always another pair gets in the way.

I've got a question about the 9301 and 8301. I snagged a pair pretty cheap off eBay of what I was hoping were the 8301, but it appears they might be the 9301 as they have the black patch and black W, but they don't have the red stitching on the outseam. The 9301 came with red stitching on the outseam, correct? Or am I smoking something? Were they ever produced without the red stitching, or were the 8301 ever produced with a black patch and W? Just trying to figure out what I've got here.

The 9301's were made of a 22oz non selvedge denim with black weft and warp. My pair fit great but were very stiff. They do not really fade. The 8301's are made with the 21oz super black fades to gray denim. This denim is selvedge but does not have the visible selvedge seam. If you want the visible selvedge on the SBG denim you need to get the IH-555-03. This cut is similar to the 8301 with a slightly longer rise and a tighter fit in the hips. I have both the 9301's and the 555-03's and they are both great jeans. Hope you get what you were looking for.

Yes, but there was a time when this was the second most active thread. Seems like Sufu has moved on (or back). 

Anyway, I'm thinking of the new/old 21/23 oz denim. It's way to warm and heavy for upcoming summer, but I've always been fascinated with the fades. And the slim cut of the 666 could work just great (if they followed my feedback and made the thighs larger). I was thinking of the PBJ 007 as next pair, but somehow always another pair gets in the way.

My new PBJ 005s are my favourite pair. My MBBs are in a heap on the floor and my Sammy 710s might not see the light of day for a year or more.

The 666-UHR needs to be built to the exaxct measurements of the first run of the 666-XHS'es... And yes, Max Power, the thigh on those is bigger...

I just remembered I had a dream last night that my jeans were hella faded blue on the front but dark as fuck on the back... Weird...

ea3bca1d-107c-43c0-89d0-5150e084349a_zps

im sorry, i got a question about 666s sizing. my actual waist size is 30", should i buy tag size 30 (waist size 30") or tag size 31 (waist size 31.5") ? thankss

I agree with Seul.  The thighs are what are a touch tight on my pair.  Definitely check all the measurements and how they are measured.  That it's my favorite IH fit.

I've just bought a pair of IH 666 XHSs size W34 L36. I tried on a 32 waist in the shop but couldn't get them much above my knees. The 34s are just right in the thigh and good on the hips though there is a spare inch in the waist at the back. My question is: if I got some 1955Ss which have higher front and rear rises and more room in the thigh, would I be able to go down to a 33 or 32 waist, or would they be too tight round the hips?