Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

^ I forgot you had the 23 oz 634's. I can't wait to see what you do to those. I've got the 23 oz in the Leather Soul collab and I LOVE the denim. Wish I could wear them more than twice a week.

How's the new 22 oz denim compared to the 23 & 25 oz?

The 20oz seems really stiff compared to the others, we'll see how bad it is after a soak from what I remember, but I have a bad memory

Great pic up Fanya! I grabbed the jacket. It's great denim.

I keep going back and forth on if I want a denim jacket, but usually the decision is made easy by the fact they would have to make one that was 2 inches longer in both the sleeves and length for me to consider it (I briefly considered this one because it was longer)  Enjoy the jacket, I'm sure it will turn out a beauty.

I got my 633s and they were super stuff after the soak. Wore them all day yesterday and they have already softened up a bit, but are still pretty damn tough. I really like the cut and the color of the denim is great.

Another thing I have to say that I love about the 633s is how easy it is from the get go to use the pockets. A lot of the times I have problems with tight pockets and breaking them in but these have been great from the start. No real breaking in time required.

^ sorry to be contrary, but my SEXIH07's have some of the most difficult front pockets to get my hands into...i could care less because all other aspects of this jean are great. Back pocket size/scale/and placement are much more important to me. I can't stand it when back pockets are oversized and sit too low. 

Maybe it's just a case by case basis for Iron Heart then.  

This is my only experience with Iron Heart denim and both the front an back pockets are spot on for me with the 633s.

I agree with you on the importance of back pocket placement / size as well, they are of equal importance in my book.

But I just tend to usually have more problems with front pockets as opposed to back ones.

Ah okay, gotcha.

For me the 633s is pretty good and so are my Warehouse 1001's.

Stevenson denim is one I've been meaning to check out too, love their chinos and I just got the white tees today.

Sorry to derail the thread.  :P

Refreshing for to hear that I'm not the only one that has issues w/ front pockets. SG2105 has better front pockets that any of my IH's, but not perfect. The jeans with the best pockets I have are Civilianaire regular cut. I find the IH pockets (and the others I have) are not cut low enough - I wear an 1.75" leather belt, and there's not enough space between the bottom of the belt and the pocket opening to get my hand into. The pocket bags aren't deep enough, and when I do get something in them, the item sites right at the crease in my hip and digs in when I sit. Just dropping the pocket opening a bit and making deeper pocket bags would solve these problems easy peasy. 

re: back pockets I do like larger lower pockets - I like the look, and when I put something in the pocket and sit it's not right under my a$$ cheek. I'm taking your guys' advise and looking at back pockets differently now tho. 

I used to have an iPhone and a very small wallet that I carried in each front pocket. Now I have a slightly bigger wallet and a big-a$$ Note II, neither of which fit in the front pockets on my Japanese denim which are a lot tighter than my "old" jeans. I dont' like carrying stuff in my back pockets. Guess I need a murse LOL 

refreshing to hear the IH633 pockets are good - makes another check as to possibly the next pair... 

Funny that you mention the SG2105 pockets as I seem to have an issue with mine.  :D

They're just a little too deep for my liking and the pocket opening is pretty tight, but they've opened up with some wear.

But yes, the 633s pockets are spot on for me, maybe it has something to do with the fact that the thighs are a little bigger?

Yeah I actually sized wrong on the SEXDB19. Got the 36 and thought it was too small pre-soak. Exchanged for a 38 and they're too big. By the time I got the 38 the 36 was sold out. Huge bummer, been thinking about throwing them in the wash on hot just to shrink them really hard. Huge bummer since that jean is amazing. Wish I had a great tailor that I trusted to resize them.

oh, that's what it was...i am in a similar boat as you. I got 'em in size 32 and determined that they were too small, exchanged and they didn't shrink nearly as much as i expected. I might try the hot wash and dry too.

Sorry. back on topic. Keep on rocking Iron Heart gentlemen!

Funny that you mention the SG2105 pockets as I seem to have an issue with mine.  :D

They're just a little too deep for my liking and the pocket opening is pretty tight, but they've opened up with some wear.

I find the pockets on the SG2105 too deep, but the IH634's are too shallow - I'd rather have too deep than too shallow ;)