Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if Fullcount will hem pairs ordered directly from them? 

I can't find any info on their website, and have had scant fortune before when emailing them

EDIT: nvm, found reference to their "chain stitch hemming service" in the return policy section

Looks like it's high time I grabbed a pair of 0105!!

Edited by Alec Leamas

On that note - has anyone ever had a hem done by Fullcount themselves?? 

I generally find Japanese makers / retailers to get them rolled real nice and tight, also getting super consistent roping all the way round... I am hoping that FC's is the same!

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone comment on how much the one wash version of Fullcount's 13.75oz denim continues to shrink in the inseam with hot washes and some tumble dry? I like to wash frequently and was recently burned by a pair of Warehouse banner denim jeans that continued to shrink in the inseam after wash #6.

I looked through a bunch of pages here and it sorta sounds like that is not really the case with Fullcount's denim? Is that true?

@gmn, I have not experienced significant shrink on their 13.75oz one-wash inseams. Less than a half inch, if anything. I machine wash and tumble dry. On the 11.5oz, the inseam shrank another .75" or so. I don't have a measurement, but they went from a three roll for length to a two roll after wash and tumble.

20 minutes ago, Jared_Lee said:

@gmn, I have not experienced significant shrink on their 13.75oz one-wash inseams. Less than a half inch, if anything. I machine wash and tumble dry. On the 11.5oz, the inseam shrank another .75" or so. I don't have a measurement, but they went from a three roll for length to a two roll after wash and tumble.

Awesome, that’s helpful to know. Sounds like it’s safe to hem after a wash or two. Way trickier to get right when you like a tiny cuff or quarter break + no cuff!

Received my 0105's today, direct from their online store and with their own hem, looks great.

They emailed me after ordering to confirm the inseam length and also to send me specific measurements of the pair they were going to ship - which I really appreciated, it didn't change anything but they did note the waist size to be smaller than that on the size chart (this W32 pair being 82cm waist rather than the advertised 83.5cm).

This probably falls in line with others' experiences but I'm always W34 in Warehouse but easily 32 in these, and it's great being able to size for the waist only - so simple!

All in all a great process and having looked at the import slip on the package that's also great. Pretty pleased.

I'll get round to fit pics at some point - gave them another wash today, did try on prior to that and was instantly happy with the fit and cut - easy to see why it's praised so highly.

Absolutely are! Like I said it's just nice to not have to go intense on the size chart calculations, and have the leeway to wash and dry as hot as I want or need.

Although not the most economically efficient way to buy a pair, getting them direct from FC was a good experience too which was nice.

Not that it helps with inseam shrink since they’re cuffed but I just started on a new pair of 0105 so can show the overall shrinkage. My experience with the inseam mirrors what @Jared_Lee said.

As you can see, they become slightly slimmer with washing but not much. These are probably 10-12 washes in, not sure of settings but I think either 20-30 degrees and low spin.

The newer pair just had their initial wash. Both started as raw.

02C9E47C-C314-4940-B4A4-76E551749971-604-0000010F646838ED.thumb.jpeg.d0a816312c11e829988626619e582db4.jpeg

5FB78421-3F2F-4737-B355-18DEFB026101-604-0000010F6EE6732D.thumb.jpeg.587f5ed4d8c3b699035d69daa6146c16.jpeg

17 minutes ago, 81FXR said:

Not that it helps with inseam shrink since they’re cuffed but I just started on a new pair of 0105 so can show the overall shrinkage. My experience with the inseam mirrors what @Jared_Lee said.

As you can see, they become slightly slimmer with washing but not much. These are probably 10-12 washes in, not sure of settings but I think either 20-30 degrees and low spin.

The newer pair just had their initial wash. Both started as raw.

02C9E47C-C314-4940-B4A4-76E551749971-604-0000010F646838ED.thumb.jpeg.d0a816312c11e829988626619e582db4.jpeg

5FB78421-3F2F-4737-B355-18DEFB026101-604-0000010F6EE6732D.thumb.jpeg.587f5ed4d8c3b699035d69daa6146c16.jpeg

Cheers dude that's great to see - the top washed pair pretty much look how my ideal jeans look so that bodes well. 

👀 are they the Canal loafers too? Look super nice with the jeans!

I seem to have landed well with my normal aim of starting with a small cuff and moving to no cuff over the course of 6 months or so!

2 minutes ago, Alec Leamas said:

Cheers dude that's great to see - the top washed pair pretty much look how my ideal jeans look so that bodes well. 

👀 are they the Canal loafers too? Look super nice with the jeans!

I seem to have landed well with my normal aim of starting with a small cuff and moving to no cuff over the course of 6 months or so!

Good eye! Canal loafers indeed. I bought these for house shoes but I’m so impressed I’ll get a second pair for wearing outdoors.

First pair of Drake’s shoes I’ve had and needless to say they’re as great as their clothing.