Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

Rockets 0001XX w36 pre-wash measurements. Will report back with post wash info once they are dry.
Pre wash.
Waist: 37.5 in.
Front rise: 13.5 in.
Back rise: 17 in.
Thigh: 14 in.
Knee: 11 in.
Hem: 9.25 in.
Inseam: 34 in.

Looking good b_F, what do you think? Were you able to the the buttonhole stitching to loosen up at all?

21 hours ago, Broark said:

Rockets 0001XX w36 pre-wash measurements. Will report back with post wash info once they are dry.
Pre wash.
Waist: 37.5 in.
Front rise: 13.5 in.
Back rise: 17 in.
Thigh: 14 in.
Knee: 11 in.
Hem: 9.25 in.
Inseam: 34 in.

Post wash for the Rockets, just put them through a gentle, warm wash and hang dry.
Feels like these shrank up quite a bit, denim feels pretty tightly woven.
Waist: 35 in.
Front rise: 12.25 in.
Back rise: 16.25 in.
Thigh: 13.5 in.
Knee: 10.25 in.
Hem: 9 in.
Inseam: 32 in.

11 minutes ago, Broark said:

Looking good b_F, what do you think? Were you able to the the buttonhole stitching to loosen up at all?

The denim feels rougher than I remember the "Last Resort" denim to be. But this is a welcome surprise :D 
They do look quite slim but they aren't. I've got a lot of room in the thighs and hips which makes them very comfortable. The leg opening is of course rather narrow for a WW2 sitting at 8.5" now for a W36. But I guess this could be customized as well if someone wants to do that. The buttonholes are workin now ;) And the selvedge is really wide as you said. Wider than Resolute 711.

Fit pics for the Rockets to follow?

The small-ish leg opening on the 40s and the wide selvedge ID are my only complaints, but it hasn't really stopped me from wearing them.
The stitching is really well done and the denim softens up nicely.

I'll wear the Rockets for a day or two and try to get some fit pics.

• 3 weeks later...

New (micro)brand: Live's/517 Laboratory

Someone is finally doing a 517 repro. I don't know why the 517 is so unpopular compared to the 505 which almost every repro brand has a model off. The only other 517 repro I'm aware of is one made by Denime during the Shins era.
Apparently this repro is set to sell in February and from their insta I learned some interesting details about the earliest 517s which I hope will be featured. For example that some jeans had both selvedge and overlock stitch and that they were less flaired and more true straight during the big E era.
If they'll come with a 34 inseam I'll likely get a pair.

https://www.instagram.com/517_laboratory/

Skarmavbild2023-12-20kl_23_12_58.thumb.png.36a15eb0c420b2ac5a1e70a3d24e6b08.png

Skarmavbild2023-12-20kl_23_13_54.thumb.png.ac4bab0e14a8a68eb88ff7561eb5187b.png

Skarmavbild2023-12-20kl_23_14_39.thumb.png.4cd38d91e42ca7e982668ec1115aeb55.png

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any clothing from attractions?  If so, any strong opinions? And if positive, is their any dealers in Japan that ship to the USA?!!

I have my eye on their black salt and pepper chinos. They seem real nice. 

Hey folks, has anyone heard of 45R from Japan? They run a rather large operation compared to other brand under this thread and they've been out there for quite a while, but I don't see any discussion about their denim. (newbie here but I did used my search button 😄)

@edwardlj told me to check them out, their recent release (Gunjo - blueish / Kageiro nando - greyish) fades look very true to vintage to me, perhaps one of the most close-to-vintage fades I've ever seen.

In case anyone is interested, here is a link to their video presenting Gunjo indigo fades and sharing how they wash their denim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i0Kre4Qr-w 🤓 

Edited by Mankind on M34-4602151-B

tatsunosuke made by Woods Mountain from IG.  Nice neppy lightweight denim with grey weft.  Not worn much but need to put a shift into them at some point.

20240210 tatsunosuke 0.JPEG

20240210 tatsunosuke 1.JPEG

20240210 tatsunosuke 2.JPEG

Edited by MJF9

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@tchengaa as written on the homepage, you have to contact him via Instagram for orders from overseas.

That's what I did again couple of days ago... no success. Moreover, if I send a message to rebuilt.jp IG account, a red icon with a cross appears:

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 09.38.40.png