SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

what are the exact differences between sugarcane SC40401A and SC40400N other than back pockets and patch?

The A means onewash and the N means nowash. The 400's used to have levi's style arc's on the back pockets prior to the lawsuit, the 401's have the circles. 400's are right-hand 14.25 oz. "masa" indigo (natural indigo). The 401's are natural/synthetic blend and 14 oz. I believe. The pocket bags, etc. are different too.

...I would go with the 400's if you have the option.

So to sum up:

- 400: no-wash, arcuates (sometimes), 100% natural indigo, 14.25oz

- 401: one-wash, no arcuates (always), natural/synthetic blend, 14.25oz

and they're both right-hand correct? The natural indigo dye in question is the same as well, correct? Just that in one its 100% and the other is some blend, 50/50?

In Levis, I would suggest going for a 34x34 or maybe risking a 34x32 and do a short warm wash.

Thinking a sit in the tub with them on would halt the waist at 33" and I'll hope a 32" leg doesn't go much less than 30" - assuming the 34 x 32 is actually a 33" leg and will go about 3"....

I bought a pair of SJ's on the denimbar sale a few weeks ago, but they've streched out and don't look like how I want them to be. I'd better gotten myself a pair of TF's.

Anyways, I'm looking to get them tailored the way I want 'em. Now I've worn these jeans about 10 times and I was wondering if I'd need to soak these before I get them tailored? Or would that be a bad idea?

I bought a pair of SJ's on the denimbar sale a few weeks ago, but they've streched out and don't look like how I want them to be. I'd better gotten myself a pair of TF's.

Anyways, I'm looking to get them tailored the way I want 'em. Now I've worn these jeans about 10 times and I was wondering if I'd need to soak these before I get them tailored? Or would that be a bad idea?

What are SJ's and TF's?

^ another reason why some people would recommend soaking even if the jeans in question are sanforized is to soften the fabric up, this to prevent it from "breaking" eventualy at points of stress, eg. whiskers, honeycombs

see you're still at it Gimmegimme, tried to rep you again for it but couldn't...

^ another reason why some people would recommend soaking even if the jeans in question are sanforized is to soften the fabric up, this to prevent it from "breaking" eventualy at points of stress, eg. whiskers, honeycombs

see you're still at it Gimmegimme, tried to rep you again for it but couldn't...

it must be completely obvious to everyone by now that I do nothing at work all day...

The A means onewash and the N means nowash. The 400's used to have levi's style arc's on the back pockets prior to the lawsuit, the 401's have the circles. 400's are right-hand 14.25 oz. "masa" indigo (natural indigo). The 401's are natural/synthetic blend and 14 oz. I believe. The pocket bags, etc. are different too.

...I would go with the 400's if you have the option.

on a related sugar cane note- Is there a cut difference between the oki's, hawaiis and union stars. And how do these types differ in cut and fit (we know the cosmetic differences) from the year models like 55, 66 etc. thanks

Alright, some noob questions on this. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to soaking jeans before your first wash in terms of fading and contrast? The threads I've sen on soaking seem to give mixed information. A few people have said the contrasting will show up if you do a little soaking.

So my question is just does it affect the wear and fading in any way?

I'm not trying to baby my jeans or hurry anything up. I just live in NYC and have been wearing my first pair of raws for about a month and this summer heat is getting to me and the jeans. They've stretched a tad more than i'd liek them to and I think are getting a little filled with dry sweat so I might give em a soak. But if it will have a significant affect down the line I won't bother. Hell, i'm lazy enough I probably won't bother either way... but I'd like to know.

thanks

Alright, some noob questions on this. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to soaking jeans before your first wash in terms of fading and contrast? The threads I've sen on soaking seem to give mixed information. A few people have said the contrasting will show up if you do a little soaking.

So my question is just does it affect the wear and fading in any way?

I'm not trying to baby my jeans or hurry anything up. I just live in NYC and have been wearing my first pair of raws for about a month and this summer heat is getting to me and the jeans. They've stretched a tad more than i'd liek them to and I think are getting a little filled with dry sweat so I might give em a soak. But if it will have a significant affect down the line I won't bother. Hell, i'm lazy enough I probably won't bother either way... but I'd like to know.

thanks

major effect, no. but basically, you may get a better contrast effect if your jeans remain stiff (this is why some people starch)...soaking will soften them. if you're very worried about it, have them drycleaned, but if you're like most/some of us, just be lazy and wear them...you'll get used to the smell :rolleyes:

major effect, no. but basically, you may get a better contrast effect if your jeans remain stiff (this is why some people starch)...soaking will soften them. if you're very worried about it, have them drycleaned, but if you're like most/some of us, just be lazy and wear them...you'll get used to the smell :rolleyes:

I'm not worried about he smell, its the gross feeling of sweat soaked denim.

This is my first pair of dry denim and I thought it would be no problem as I normally go 4 or 5 months before washing a pair of regular jeans. But man... I wasn't prepared for this NYC summer....

I'm too cheap to dry clean anyway,b ut wouldn't that re-set all the wrinkels?

I'm not worried about he smell, its the gross feeling of sweat soaked denim.

This is my first pair of dry denim and I thought it would be no problem as I normally go 4 or 5 months before washing a pair of regular jeans. But man... I wasn't prepared for this NYC summer....

I'm too cheap to dry clean anyway,b ut wouldn't that re-set all the wrinkels?

you can ask the drycleaner to not press them if you're concerned about that, but basically they wrinkles are gone when you get them back, but they come back without a few hours of wear.

soaking them in just water won't really get rid of your sweat problem anyway...you'd need to wash them, which is what you're trying to avoid. so just suck it up like the rest of us and don't worry about it ;)

Jones boy- I've got a feeling that the 101z's come in a 36 leg only.

Seen a 34x34 for £100 in the Riders 101 Z "Beatles" which will apparently shrink - not so sure they will and might play safer with the 47 101XX's...

I'm 6'1, 160 lbs. I recently lost about seven or eight pounds, and I'm losing a bit more. No, I don't have an eating disorder, I'm just trying to lose a bit of pudge around my gut and then I'm going to start bulking up a little bit.

Anyways, I used to wear a size 32 in regular jeans. I'd normally size down one in Nudie and go true-to size in Skull 5507. Well, big mistake on that, considering they've stretched to nearly a 34 in the waist. True, I can wear them lower on my waist, but they sometimes feel like they're falling down.

I've tried a warm soak--they shrunk back to size but seemed to immediately stretch.

So, is it time to retire these things/sell them? Or, when I wash them, will they shrink a lot more (hopefully back to a slightly smaller waist size?)

You should sell them to me because I'm the same height, but a 34 ;)

In all seriousness, most jeans tend to stretch to a certain size and not stretch to a size and get set in that size. If you've shrunk them down and they stretched right back they will probably keep doing that ad infinitum.

(and hey, I might seriously be interested in them if you want to sell.)

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic