SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

To all the Tokyo people..

What are a couple of good stores in Tokyo for denim? I'm looking mainly for Sugarcanes or Samurais..

thanks!

Amerikaya for samurais

hinoya for sugarcanes

both in Ueno under the arches and close to each other

just got a pair of apc ns got a couple of question since im a denim noob.

some say i should soak before wash and some say i shouldn't because its sanforized. which one should i do?

what is the purpose of a:

cold soak

hot soak

soaking with agitation?

thanks.

some say i should soak before wash and some say i shouldn't because its sanforized. which one should i do?

cold soak

hot soak

soaking with agitation?

thanks.

You only need to soak when your jeans are unsanforized...yours are sanforized, so as beatle said...just wear them.

You can never have too much sugarcane.

True - but having purchased an okinawa, an SC40400N, an eternal 811, an oni shoai, two kicking mules, and a samurai BCIII in the past 6 months, it will take me 40 years to get any wear on anything LOL

True - but having purchased an okinawa, an SC40400N, an eternal 811, an oni shoai, two kicking mules, and a samurai BCIII in the past 6 months, it will take me 40 years to get any wear on anything LOL

ya, that's a bit much...I did the same thing at first too...I would sell the KMW's if you can, skip buying the new SC's and, if possible, clone yourself.

cold soak

hot soak

soaking with agitation?

thanks.

You should soak before wear if your jeans are raw. Soaking will shrink jeeenz so that future washes will not displace your wear.

cold soak: i only do this to clean my jeans if i don't want to loose indigo and thus, my fadz. simply fill your tub with cold water, apply dash of dr. bronners and soak the jeeenz for a few minutes. remove, empty tub of grimy yellow water, rinse with cold water. the result are jeeenz that are clean and without loss of indigo.

hot soak: only time i do hot soak is if i want maximum shrinkage of my jeeenz. just a soak without agitation will not remove indigo.

soaking with agitation: better known as hard wash....i do this when i want to wash my jeeenz and dont care about indigo loss. agitation removes indigo and should only be done when one is satisfied with their fadz....agitation will remove indigo all over including high abrasion areas resulting in more contrasty fade. dont do this until you've reached satisfactory fade level.

there are many ways to the truth

wear hard

stay true

too many jeans man, stop buying and start wearing!

I know - but at the price its SO hard to resist (most of the jeans I've purchased for less than $100)

ya, that's a bit much...I did the same thing at first too...I would sell the KMW's if you can, skip buying the new SC's and, if possible, clone yourself.

I wish I could clone myself, for unrelated reasons. :)

Also I doubt I could sell any of them. I wear a size 36 which puts me about 12 standard deviations above the mean waist size for people who buy this stuff

dunno, how about a pic?

little bits of thread sticking out are in all jeans, i just snip the slack off.

my nudies have strange thread sticking up on the thighs its like the denim is coming apart. its pretty hard to explain but is this how all nudies are?

Its not the threads at the end. its on the pant i have quite alot of them sticking out

you can t really see it due to my camera but its theredscn2338wh6.jpg

I know - but at the price its SO hard to resist (most of the jeans I've purchased for less than $100)

I wish I could clone myself, for unrelated reasons. :)

Also I doubt I could sell any of them. I wear a size 36 which puts me about 12 standard deviations above the mean waist size for people who buy this stuff

You never know...there may be a lot more 36ers our there than you think! And where is it that you're shopping and getting stuff for less than $100???:confused:

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic