SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

My waist is about a 35 or so, most of my jeans are true 36 like my sugarcanes. i wear a 34 in Nudie SS, could wear a 33 for a snug fit. wear a 33 in Nudie BB. There are some of us that aren't twigs....i'm 6'1" 175, not fat by any means but my waist is in proportion to my height being thin.

cold soak - will shrink the jeans some, no indigo loss without agitation

hot soak - will shrink the jeans a lot, no indigo loss without agitation. i imagine the hot water is better at removing dirt/grime/oils than cold water if you aren't using soap.

whatever soak you do, if you move the jeans around it will result in the normal loss of indigo. people usually agitate when they are using soap when soaking their jeans....to help get some of the dirt loose. i only agitate if i'm going to use a gentle soap, like dr. bronners.

if you are looking to get contrasting fades hold off on agitating it until you have worn them in a lot. i wouldn't soak right away since they are sanforized. maybe do a soak after 6 months or when you have some defined creases and some white spots from wear....a warm soak. soap if they are super dirty. i prefer to keep mine dirty because i like the weft to become dirty-colored and show through brownish.

Not sure if this should go in superfashion, but what is the appeal behind stacking your jeans? I see tons of posts of ppl asking for jeans with longer inseams saying "my jeans don't stack enough" and "I want that stacking effect."

Is this for aesthetic texture? Does the stacking create additional wear for raw jeans? Is it because most selvedge jeans only come in a single inseam and the first originators just never got them hemmed, creating copycats who thought "this must be the way to wear good denim"?

I ask because this doesn't even seem to be a matter of preference. I don't see any guy on here with jeans that aren't at least 2-4 inches longer than thier "true" inseam, ie what they would get if they were buying pants for a suit.

Disclaimer: I've never worn raw jeans nor bought any denim more exclusive than levis.

Not sure if this should go in superfashion, but what is the appeal behind stacking your jeans? I see tons of posts of ppl asking for jeans with longer inseams saying "my jeans don't stack enough" and "I want that stacking effect."

Is this for aesthetic texture? Does the stacking create additional wear for raw jeans? Is it because most selvedge jeans only come in a single inseam and the first originators just never got them hemmed, creating copycats who thought "this must be the way to wear good denim"?

I ask because this doesn't even seem to be a matter of preference. I don't see any guy on here with jeans that aren't at least 2-4 inches longer than thier "true" inseam, ie what they would get if they were buying pants for a suit.

Too much stacking is ugly, but SOME amount of stacking is mandatory. If your jeans didn't stack at all, which is to say they hovered a few centimetres above you shoe and loooked like sraight stove pipes down your leg, it would look quite ugly.

Even with dress pants you want a certain amount of stacking at the botom.

not stacking...

It's just a 'break' atop the foot, with the back of the hem still falling straight to above the heel of the shoe. (stacking would be awful)

And depending on where you are, some fall directly atop the foot, with no break at all (or so I'm told... it's not a look for me, I'm too bulky)

gonna get my first pair of proper raw jeans soon and i was thinking the pbj xx-005. is there anything particular i should know about them? sizing down advice or anything?

There you go..

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12561 (XX-005)

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12857 (XX-005 with great pics)

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=17228 (XX-005 Black)

Can anyone that owns both Levi's and Nudies tell me how big the size difference is between them? I wear 31x32 in Levi's 569 and 501 and ordered some RRDS in 30x32 because someone told me to size down 1, I'm just hoping that they will fit. I'm 5'11 and weigh 150. What do you guys think? Will it be nut crunching or loose after a couple of days of wear(i plan to sleep with them on for a couple of days to loosen em up if they are too tight). I've heard both opinions, one being that Levi's isn't exactly true to size and is actually 1-1.5 lower in the waist than the listed measurement is so a 31x32 would actually fit more like a 33x32, and that they are exactly true fit to size with a 31x32 fitting exactly on a 31" waist. Thanks!

ta beatle. still hopeful that someone opens a decent shop for raw denim in the UK soon!

We'll be lucky!!!:mad:

Can anyone that owns both Levi's and Nudies tell me how big the size difference is between them? I wear 31x32 in Levi's 569 and 501 and ordered some RRDS in 30x32 because someone told me to size down 1, I'm just hoping that they will fit. I'm 5'11 and weigh 150. What do you guys think? Will it be nut crunching or loose after a couple of days of wear(i plan to sleep with them on for a couple of days to loosen em up if they are too tight). I've heard both opinions, one being that Levi's isn't exactly true to size and is actually 1-1.5 lower in the waist than the listed measurement is so a 31x32 would actually fit more like a 33x32, and that they are exactly true fit to size with a 31x32 fitting exactly on a 31" waist. Thanks!

i guess the first couple days it might be tough...but after that u should be fine..nudie´´s aren´t supposed to be washed for 6 months - plenty of stretching..

I just received a pair of LVC 47's I won on ebay. They're a 33x34 raw. I normally buy 34's in LVCs which generally don't shrink alot in the waist and end up feeling a bit loose. Just tried them on in their raw state and the waist fits pretty snugly already so I wouldn't want it to shrink, but could happily lose 3 inches off the length.

Is there any hope of these retaining their waist width by wearing them in a warm soak, or do I have no hope and should cut my losses and pass 'em on??

Nope, not as yet. But presumably that would make any future washing a bit difficult?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic