SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

^ You could begin by pushing the shank (the male bit) into the burr (the ring; this is made easier using rivet setter).

Once securely pushed down, nip off some of the shank if necessary (don't nip it flat, depending on the rivet size, leave a few millimetres on).

You will need a rivet nipper to do this cutting.

Finally, use a hammer and bash the remaining bit of the shank down flat, locking the rivet in place.

Thanks mikecch,

Unfortunately i have no rivet setter and no idea where to get one. I just have manual tools, but it should still be possible, shouldn't it?!

Yeah, definitely possible.

The setter just makes it quicker by a few seconds.

A screwdriver will do the trick :)

Stratos, I guess you got the same jacket as i did from Lee shop? 50% off, unfortunately no discount on the archive collection ;-)

I'm thinking about giving them a soak as well, corduroy? collar has indigo rubbed on it so i guess this will still bleed

It's denim, no corduroy, and it was 40% off. From the Lee shop yeah, dit you read my heads up in the LVC topic? LVC 30% off at the Levi's shop just across the street? :P

Don't know if you're looking for vintage loopwheeled cotton but I would recommend Whitesville or Real McCoy's. Best socks I ever got were from Kapital. But since the socks category is so broad, I would have to recommend argyle socks from Paul Stuart or J. Crew ( if they still carry them). Most of the time I'm wearing undershirts from Hanes and socks from a pre-pack from Foot Locker.

Hopefully this question will spark some discussion. I am heading to Japan in two weeks for two weeks. I will be going to Osaka and Tokyo mainly. Now I know for sure I will hit up Evisu, PBJ and SDA to buy jeans (I will only own a pair of PBJ, Evisu and SDA are friends request) Which other brands' flagship stores are worth visiting?

Thanks!

Alright, since my apc ns are turning 3 in february I want to start a new pair of jeans.

I kind of know what I want, but not what brand. Slim but not tight fit, raw, selvedge and main thing my budget is around 250 dollars.

Since my tighs are kinda wider than my calfs and I don't want bootcut looking jeans I may need something tighter at the bottom.

Overall look something like this:

sexi_indigo_01.jpg

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Hopefully this question will spark some discussion. I am heading to Japan in two weeks for two weeks. I will be going to Osaka and Tokyo mainly. Now I know for sure I will hit up Evisu, PBJ and SDA to buy jeans (I will only own a pair of PBJ, Evisu and SDA are friends request) Which other brands' flagship stores are worth visiting?

Thanks!

Shit, there's so many stores to visit, you'll be broke by the time you're finished. I have to recommend a few flagship stores, that wasn't mentioned. Toy's McCoy in Ebisu, Real McCoy's, UES, and 45RPM in Daykanyama, Also if you get a chance to visit Kapital. They have a few stores all over Tokyo. In Osaka, I have to mention Samurai in Nakatsu.

There's really too many to mention, since there are also specialty shops as well as vintage shops. But for flagship denim stores, I guess the Osaka 5, Samurai and Flathead.

This might be a dumb question to ask...

How much do samurai jeans shrink after a first cold soak? (approximately)

specifically around the leg opening and thigh?

My thighs are ridiculously large for my height, and I really hate small openings..(<8.75 in). Some of you guys probably don't consider that as a small opening.

My eyes are on S5000VX21oz ...

Which of the LVC models have lower rise? I have the 44s and I'm looking to buy another pair but I want something with a lower rise and a bit more slim. Thanks in advance.

The 78 has the lowest rise, followed by the 54Z (which is in a modernised, skinny cut) and the 66 (which is probably the best all-round jean of the 3). For comparison, the rise on the 78 is 1 inch less than that of the 44. Dimensions here.

So, can anyone give me a status update/compilation regarding the 66 501 model these days? What models are available right now, pics, short summary? I know Denime used to have a great 66 501 model, but haven't they changed direction completely lately? And didn't the founder or a key person from Denime start a new brand, producing Denime-style products? I also know Fullcount and Warehouse used to have 66 cuts, and LVC of course, but their models seems inferior. It's time for some new denim and the 66 501 cut seems quite lovely.

This might be a dumb question to ask...

How much do samurai jeans shrink after a first cold soak? (approximately)

specifically around the leg opening and thigh?

My thighs are ridiculously large for my height, and I really hate small openings..(<8.75 in). Some of you guys probably don't consider that as a small opening.

My eyes are on S5000VX21oz ...

I'm doing this now, but hot soak, with those exact jeans, I'll get back to you tomorrow when they are dry.

It's open selvage made on a projectile loom.

Puzzled by this as few Wranglers have exposed selvage. Probably fake. Can you post the auction photos?

I don't think they are fake but i don't. they aren't new but have minimal fading. also they have scovill rivets and the patch is real leather0103011735a-1.jpg0103011734.jpg0103011735.jpghttp://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab315/bairdbr491/0103011730.jpg0103011731.jpg0103011730.jpg

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic