minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

6 hours ago, Geeman said:

RW JP don't ship outside of JP themselves 

Guess I'll have to proxy.

Any recommendations from anyone? Never done that before. Thanks. 

I use Zenmarket for site specific proxies. It's pretty straight forward, just send them the URL with a description of the item and size and they'll confirm.
Once they confirm that they can order the item then they'll send you a link to make payment. Their system of adding funds to the wallet is a bit strange, but other than that it's pretty easy.

Another option would be FromJapan.

Similar to ZenMarket and similar commission fees (300 Yen) but you don't have to add money to your wallet, you get directly a payment link.

What about SutoCorp?

My last purchase through them was kinda rough (although some years ago) and they have pretty high fees (I think still 8% of the item price) and the other have a flat fee of couple hundred Yens

Good to know Tilmann and thanks for the mention of the others (as I haven’t used a proxy in about 10 years) although apparently SutoCorp will charge only 6% if you quote SuperFuture when you contact them (according to an advert on this site).

I used SutuCorp once and the service was good. 

40 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

SutoCorp will charge only 6%

Thanks for the info.
I have to admit I just used FromJapan for an Ooe purchase...the 6%would still mean more than 1700 Yen on the item alone. And then you have bank fees and domestic shipping (if it applies).

With FromJapan I simply pay the 300 Yen for the transaction, no matter how expensive the item is (bank fees and shipping as well if applicable). And then just the international shipping.

@MJF9 I used Suto a lot back in the days and it was always good until the last time (but this ist still some years ago).

I used to use Suto, 10yrs or so ago.. nowadays i use Zen (Indigo_Eagle recommended them to me) for JP purchases and i use Illumin8em for US purchases, he's dealt with everything from tents to prints, signed up for discount/promo codes without having to be asked, he's a lovely guy and a very dear friend.

I stopped using Suto because they missed the end of an auction and it took them 3weeks to return the £800 which i had sent, it freaked me out enough to bag them off.

Fromjapan are very efficient.

They let you mark the package as gift too but sadly no longer let you mark the value down although you can deduct japan VAT from the item price on the shipping document.

Zen will, i like it because its 95% automated so allows you to bid or snipe on Yahoo auctions in realtime rather than proxy doing it on your behalf.

I think the last proxy I used was Hide-San. Does anyone remember him?

41 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think the last proxy I used was Hide-San. Does anyone remember him?

Sure! Bought my first pair of Samurai S0500XX through him :)

Wow thanks guys, appreciate all of the responses. 

Having to jump through these hoops makes me nervous on picking the right size. 

Anyone remember Zapango Treasures?

They were like an ebay/proxy service, they had goodies in their ebay store but could source anything you wanted from JP which they would list for you to buy so all sales went through ebay. Got my first Cushman sweat through them, expensive but the choices were pretty limited back then.

On 2/21/2020 at 6:18 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

Zen will, i like it because its 95% automated so allows you to bid or snipe on Yahoo auctions in realtime rather than proxy doing it on your behalf.

So Zen mark packages as gift?

So, I'm heading to Oslo and Bergen at the end of march/beginning of april, has anyone ever been there and tips/recommendations? Since the feedback for London was so awesome.

Thanks in advance ;)

Went with From Japan. Rakuten was having a small sale too so that worked out. Should get them tomorrow, hope they fit. Fedex shipping was super expensive though. 

I have another question. Has anyone here ever hand washed a high density and high quality rayon shirt before? It's a Sun Surf. 

I have cold washed by hand a lower quality rayon shirt and had no problems. But I was nervous doing that with a high quality one and something going wrong. 

I was in the same pickle regarding that 'Lost in Space' typ SunSurf shirt back in the SC thread, i even left it in the wardrobe, unworn, in need of a wash for nearly a year because i couldn't decide between hand or machine wash...anyhow, i washed it in the machine on a cold/dedicates cycle and took it out before the spin and it washed perfectly.

Only word of warning, dry it on the line by all means but make sure it's away from direct sunlight/UV rays, it'll still dry in no time..

Nice I'm thinking I'll go with just hand washing it cold and hanging it to dry then. 

I think you'll be fine either way, as long as you keep the temp below 30°C the SunSurf shirts are quite robust, we've only got a shitty bottom of the range Beko washing machine so there's nothing special about the way it deals with 'delicates'

Chuck it in a 30 degree wash mate, it’ll be fine.  Done it loads with mine and it didn’t shrink or get damaged a jot.

Sigh...

Recommend me a Japanese's Mister Freedom retailer that ships to the UK and has an Okinawa Ranch blouse size 40 or 42 (raw preferably)...and also suggest what to do with my life - since you're doing everything else for me! Damn it!!

thanks, I suppose ;)

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

PSA?

http://pants-shop-avenue.com/search/ranch/

edit: possibly now Okinawa available, right?

Not sure - I contacted Naoki but his reply was a bit confusing. Left me thinking the model he had was the Cone denim. 

that was a few weeks ago. Will double check now. 
anyone have the specific model number for the the Okinawa Ranch Blouse?
Think it might be a SC or Toyo model number? @Broark;)
that make searching a tad more accurate. 

Thanks @beautiful_FrEaK

Edit: model number is MFSC xxxxx

Edited by UkeNo

@UkeNo I believe the model number is SC13971, happy hunting!

44 minutes ago, Broark said:

@UkeNo I believe the model number is SC13971, happy hunting!

Thanks very much.