SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i mean they were my first pair of raw jeans, more of an experiment than anything. thanks for the help though

I like how I see some dior 19cms fit - that is, when they're worn slim not skinny..

The only thing is, I like to wear my jeans higher, and I don't like the look where the seat of the pants is hanging from the back..

I was thinking of buying the 19cms in black. Can I wear these higher (how would this affect sizing when buying?) or is there a similar cut (any brand) but with a higher rise?

Any advice much appreciated, thanks!

edit: I wouldn't mind some of the japanese brands, but I heard I wouldn't find a similar cut as easily

I'm having trouble choosing between Samurai and Aw's. People say the quality is pretty much the same but just comes down to personal preference. Problem is that I've never bought a pair of jeans over $100, so I wouldn't know my personal preference on high quality jeans. Is it something you learn by buying both pairs?

I'm having trouble choosing between Samurai and Aw's. People say the quality is pretty much the same but just comes down to personal preference. Problem is that I've never bought a pair of jeans over $100, so I wouldn't know my personal preference on high quality jeans. Is it something you learn by buying both pairs?

It's something that comes with experience--no matter what the measurements are, you won't know which fits you like and which denim you like best until you've tried them on and seen them age.

Having said that, you will be able to find tons of pictures of worn-in Sams on here, so you'll pretty much know what to expect regarding how the denim ages. Ande Whall (assume this is what you meant by AW) is using a new denim, so nobody really knows how it ages (including Ande), but the man knows his stuff and wouldn't source shitty materials. Details on Ande's jeans are as good, if not better, than the Japanese makers.

If you want jeans that you know will age a certain way, get Sams. If you want handmade jeans for (I would argue) a better value which are a little more unique and experimental, get Ande's jeans.

It's something that comes with experience--no matter what the measurements are, you won't know which fits you like and which denim you like best until you've tried them on and seen them age.

Having said that, you will be able to find tons of pictures of worn-in Sams on here, so you'll pretty much know what to expect regarding how the denim ages. Ande Whall (assume this is what you meant by AW) is using a new denim, so nobody really knows how it ages (including Ande), but the man knows his stuff and wouldn't source shitty materials. Details on Ande's jeans are as good, if not better, than the Japanese makers.

If you want jeans that you know will age a certain way, get Sams. If you want handmade jeans for (I would argue) a better value which are a little more unique and experimental, get Ande's jeans.

Thanks, I had another question regarding Levi's 501 STF. On the superdenim encyclopedia it says to get TTS, but wouldn't the jeans shrink 1"? Or is this under the assumption the person will hold the original waist by placing a stick while soaking?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018OMRWQ/ref=s9_simp_gw_s1_p193_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=1EG6CY59NSRTSE50CY6C&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846#productPromotions

Thanks, I had another question regarding Levi's 501 STF. On the superdenim encyclopedia it says to get TTS, but wouldn't the jeans shrink 1"? Or is this under the assumption the person will hold the original waist by placing a stick while soaking?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018OMRWQ/ref=s9_simp_gw_s1_p193_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=1EG6CY59NSRTSE50CY6C&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846#productPromotions

Don't know anything about the Levis STFs, but there's an entire thread dedicated to them. Try reading through it to find your answer. Seems people tend to size down on them.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12464

i'm having a hard time finding plain jeans. i want slim (not skinny though) blue jeans with inconspicuous stitching. like raw indigo dior 21cm but with blue seams. also suggestions for black denim (not raw black) are appreciated. could anyone please help me out? thanks in advance!

they don't need to be raws! more suggestions please?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic