SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

will an equivalently sized PBJ xx-005 give a slimmer fit than the skulls 5010xx 6x6?

Similar, yes, but there are a few notable exceptions.

005 have lower front rise and are straight leg from the knee down.

5010 are slightly tapered from the knee down but with a slightly higher front rise.

Both thigh and waist measurements are about the same. Because of the slight taper, the 5010 should appear slightly slimmer.

probably going for the 811s next time i buy a pair of jeans in the next month or two. one question though. i've got some old run S5000VXs in a size 30, and the thighs are not tight...but a little bit more fitted than i would like for my next pair. would a size 32 811 be too tight? i realize there are size charts out there, and according to those, my answer would be yes, though BIG's charts are for raw 5000s and one-wash 811s. i'd rather hear some first hand experience though.

Hi Jeff,

I have experience with both jeenz.

811's are very tough to size right since the waist is so small on them. What I would do is measure your waist size and order true.

I have sz 29 in S5000VX lot 9 and they are too tight. I should have gone for a 30. My 811's are 32 and fit just right. The waist is tight in them but they stretched out comfortably after a week of wear. The thighs are looser than my sammy's.

Something else you can do is order a jean waistband stretcher.

i'd say 32. 31 would push it, sugarcanes are usually pretty tight around the waist. i'm a 30 waist and my 31 sugarcanes fit in the waist.

its tough to say my okinawa's were stretched 2 inches. it could have been the sugarcane blend, but thats just my experience. a size 30 didnt fit me and im a true 30. im tempted to resize and get a 30 which is a 29 true waist and hope it stretches 2 inches like my last pair making them perfect.

Quick Question:

I've had a pair of A.P.C rescues that I like but the way i wear my jeans changed a big and their a tad too baggy for me now. Then I went back to levi 511's and I forgot how much I'd rather have the comfort of the thin jeans over the heavy selvedged now. Therefore I was thinking about going with the Nudie even stevens.. I know people say these are just average denim at best but I also heard nudies denim(non selvedged pairs) are pretty thin and Thats what I'm kind of looking for now.

So if i wear a 32 in levi 511

29 is APC rescues

...what size to get in nudie Even stevens? I was thinking 30? I don't want them tight but more of a relaxed fit. not baggy though.

Think Nudie ES's will be good for what I'm going for here? any help or comments are appreciated.

somebody help me out here please

Hrmmm, yeah 30 sounds good I suppose. I think if you were going to get stevens then stay away from the greencast organic model, theres something wrong with that denim after its washed, it fuzzes out and pills. Try to get the other blueblack or regular denim.

Yeah I've never had this either. I wondered if they were Nudies, in which case for all I know it could be common thing.

Even if you just put a couple of stitches in by hand to stop the chain unravelling it should be ok, but as gimme said, it's best to get them reinforced.

im about to buy a pair of 1947 levis..i heard they run a size small in the waist when raw and also shrink a size after a soak..so therefore if i have a 31/32 inch waist would you recommend getting a 33 or 34 waist? im thinking of going with the 34 to be safe but i dont want it to be too loose at the same time

A question about soaking. How do you guys keep a Hot soak hot? I mean i see most pics people post are in a normal bath. When I soaked jeans for the first time I used boiling water etc, had all my pots out boiling water and poured it all in a tub. But the water pretty much cools down after an hour and after 2 hours or even less it becomes 'warm' so it isn't really HOT soak anymore. Do you guys continuously add hot water? Drain out abit of water then add hot water? How do you keep your water HOT? or just leave it? And also I saw some people doing a 5 hour hot soak. Surely by 5 hours the hot soak would become a cold one in 5 hours unless something was done to keep the temperature up?

A question about soaking. How do you guys keep a Hot soak hot? I mean i see most pics people post are in a normal bath. When I soaked jeans for the first time I used boiling water etc, had all my pots out boiling water and poured it all in a tub. But the water pretty much cools down after an hour and after 2 hours or even less it becomes 'warm' so it isn't really HOT soak anymore. Do you guys continuously add hot water? Drain out abit of water then add hot water? How do you keep your water HOT? or just leave it? And also I saw some people doing a 5 hour hot soak. Surely by 5 hours the hot soak would become a cold one in 5 hours unless something was done to keep the temperature up?

Yeah you have it right, you just take water out and add boiling water, most people would just start it hot and let it cool down.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic