SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

out of the most popular japanese denim makers on sufu, which are best as far as denim material, construction, longevity, ect..

samuria

skull

sugarcane

pure blue japan

iron heart

That's a subjective question. They're all very good quality...longevity would vary depending on model, weight of denim, use, etc.

Hey folks,

I've got some kind of a "problem".

A friend of mine is about 178cm tall and is wearing 32" lenght in jeans. They fit him very nice.

If I would wear the same pair as he does the would look so boring and straight (i am 185 tall). It does not make a difrence if i take like 34 they are still some kind of boring ~~ We are both quite thin... any idea why it is like this..? are jeans in my lenght just boring or what ?!

Hey folks,

I've got some kind of a "problem".

A friend of mine is about 178cm tall and is wearing 32" lenght in jeans. They fit him very nice.

If I would wear the same pair as he does the would look so boring and straight (i am 185 tall). It does not make a difrence if i take like 34 they are still some kind of boring ~~ We are both quite thin... any idea why it is like this..? are jeans in my lenght just boring or what ?!

wha? :confused:

10 char

A hot soak will shrink the fabric more and release more indigo

A cold soak will maintain more indigo and shrink the fabric less

soaking doesn't necessarily remove indigo. i did a hot soak of a 9 - 12 month old pair of imperial kings and no indigo came out, only brown from the sizing/starch.

maybe the levi STF would release indigo but indigo is NOT water soluble. water alone will not make it go away unless there is indigo on the threads that isn't actually dyed into the cotton.

indigo gets removed by soap/detergents and the agitation/rubbing together that happens in the washing machine.

Question concerning about my Flat Head 5100:

I had these jeans regular hemmed (not double chainstitched... luckily, the length is still a bit long which leaves room to cut and chainstitch hem). I soaked the jeans with hot water before the hem but im worried that it didnt get max shrinkage. Would the non chainstitch hem cause the leg opening to crunch up and look weird when i do a wash?

I tried searching but couldn't really find the answer so I'm sorry in advance if it's been answered. What's the deal with the new Samurai sizing? It's an inch smaller, is that correct? If I order from 2nd is it likely to be the new sizing? I want to order the s5000vx. Oh, and I wear 32 in 811 and 31 in sd103. What's your call on the s5000vx size? THANKS.

I have a question about crotch holes and didn't know if I should start a new thread for it. Anyways, for jeans that notoriously get crotch holes, has anyone reinforced their crotch before wearing them? If so, how? If not, would it be wise to do so?

I tried searching but couldn't really find the answer so I'm sorry in advance if it's been answered. What's the deal with the new Samurai sizing? It's an inch smaller, is that correct? If I order from 2nd is it likely to be the new sizing? I want to order the s5000vx. Oh, and I wear 32 in 811 and 31 in sd103. What's your call on the s5000vx size? THANKS.

32 in 811's fit me perfectly. i have 29 in s5000vx and they're too tight. I can still wear them, but the top button is stretched about an inch over to the side. mine continued to shrink up until the 5th wash or so....

that said, I'd go for 31 in s5000vx if i were you.

I was wondering about the shrinkage on Crate denims, more specifically James IV. I've search around and I can't get a definite answer as to whether it shrinks or not. Some says it will and some says it won't. Anybody here know for sure?

i'm pretty certain they use sanforized denim

that is what i am beginning to think as well

but can anyone speak on the quality of the skulls?

for reference, ive been wearing a pair of sam s0500xx for abt 6 mos, no skating, just normal everyday wear @ 2 washes, the pocket stitching (near belt loops) have come off, but as of now, there doesnt seem to be any imminent crotch repairs either. I bought my waist size (34).

i know kixslf had some issues and needed to have his sent back to self edge, but i dont think he elaborated on his problem

i know flathead quality is really good hence why i was asking

there are two main reasons for the "quality" issues found with skulls.

1) the 501xx is a slim fit and therefore more prone to failure in high stress areas

2) threading is 100% cotton so as to fade naturally with the jeans as opposed to poly-cotton thread which retains it's color longer.

regardless, if they fail, skull will repair them for you...

Thanks Joey. For anybody who cares, I emailed Crate and this is their response:

We recommend buying true size when ordering our pants. Our jeans will stretch a bit when wearing and washing brings them back to original specs. If you don't plan on washing as many people do I recommend buying one size smaller.

I've sometimes read here that the quality of Japanese denim is generally better than Nudies and other European denim, but is this also true of Nudies' Regular Ralf Dry Selvage? I thought I read somewhere that they use Japanese Selvage denim for that. I really like how the RRDS fit on me, and I haven't bought premium denim before, so it's definitely a step up, but I also don't want to be unhappy with the quality later.

Does anyone own a pair of the coated black Surface to Air jeans? How do they fit? What's the quality of denim, etc?

Check Blackbird for pics.

They are pretty light weight and fit similar to Hobokens. They run a bit small, too. I am the person wearing them in the pictures; I usually wear a 28 and the 29 fit snugly in the waist. Like Hobokens, they are cut a little wider in the thighs.

how much slimmer are Skulls 5010xx 6x6 than APC NS? I wear a 28 in NS for reference and the waist is just way too big.

how much slimmer are Skulls 5010xx 6x6 than APC NS? I wear a 28 in NS for reference and the waist is just way too big.

I'd say the 5010 is about 4 times slimmer than NS. Not knowing your true size in NS it's hard to say, but I'd guess 28 in 5010 would not be too big.

Special Brew is BS's premium line...its better than the normal shit you find on bluefly...but its still Ben Sherman, so its not the best on the market. Either way, if you got em cheap, that's great. I wouldn't pay retail for anything they make.

I got em for $20, i think they where 190$ or something retail. Is there a way to tell what year there from?? they're "selvedge". nice fit. I usually wear lvc but thought id give a slimmer pair a try and at the price well i couldnt say no.

Looking for a fit similair to the Skull 5010XX 6x6, currently wearing a 33, the waist is a little big, but the thighs and hem are perfect at 12.25 and 8in respectively. I have larger thighs than the average sufu'er (need at least 12in upper thigh post soak). Any suggestions of models and where to buy them?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic